\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

FFDC41BE-2218-4C80-8499-00A3159BC156.jpeg
7604D12D-377A-44FE-866C-4CAE8EEEF6D2.jpeg
FFDC41BE-2218-4C80-8499-00A3159BC156.jpeg
Put new wheels on today.

So I want to wrap the grey moldings on my Challenger to gloss black. Spoke to a few shops & was told since it's "textured plastic" the wrap won't stick to any of the pieces. Anyone here that can shed light as to how true this is? Anyone wrap these moldings on a Chally or any other kind of car? I want to avoid painting them because if it gets rock chips in the future I can re-do the wrap easily but paint is a little trickier. But so far, it looks like I will need to get them painted

So I want to wrap the grey moldings on my Challenger to gloss black. Spoke to a few shops & was told since it's "textured plastic" the wrap won't stick to any of the pieces. Anyone here that can shed light as to how true this is? Anyone wrap these moldings on a Chally or any other kind of car? I want to avoid painting them because if it gets rock chips in the future I can re-do the wrap easily but paint is a little trickier. But so far, it looks like I will need to get them painted
I had a similar issue with my door moldings on my Jeep SRT8. No one wanted to wrap my chrome door moldings because they have Grand Cherokee embossed in them. Most shops were reluctant to paint them too, said the paint wouldn't stick. So I ended up Plasti-Dipping them, and used the glossifier they have so they wouldn't be flat black. I'll be honest, Plasti-Dip was like my third choice, I would have preferred wrapping or paint, but they came out pretty good, I have no regrets.

Before
20180716_095630.jpg

After
20180830_165101.jpg

Still need to get those moldings done under the windows, those I will get wrapped

Attachments

• 20180830_165021.jpg
    20180830_165021.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 12
I think the wrap would stick to the textured plastic but it has a higher risk of failure since it does have that texture. So I can see why some shops might not want to do it. I’d say ask different shops to see what they say. Or you could get them painted and clear wrapped to protect from chips. Might be a little more expensive though.

If you have an IG ask SRT Ninja. He would know

I had a similar issue with my door moldings on my Jeep SRT8. No one wanted to wrap my chrome door moldings because they have Grand Cherokee embossed in them. Most shops were reluctant to paint them too, said the paint wouldn't stick. So I ended up Plasti-Dipping them, and used the glossifier they have so they wouldn't be flat black. I'll be honest, Plasti-Dip was like my third choice, I would have preferred wrapping or paint, but they came out pretty good, I have no regrets.

Before
20180716_095630.jpg

After
20180830_165101.jpg

Still need to get those moldings done under the windows, those I will get wrapped
Glad it worked out for you. Truck looks flawless as usual, nicely done. Yeah same here my preferred choice is wrap but looks like that ain't happening. So far all 3 shops told me painting them is the best option. I'm taking it into the nearest bodyshop by me on Tues for an evaluation. Why did them being embossed with Grand Cherokee not want the shops to do em? Wouldn't it be easy since it already has a layer of chrome as opposed to being textured or primed? The plasti-dip then glossify isn't a bad idea actually. You did it by yourself? And it all came out nicely on yours, I love the all-black theme on the truck. I might just get them painted & then clear-bra'd

I think the wrap would stick to the textured plastic but it has a higher risk of failure since it does have that texture. So I can see why some shops might not want to do it. I’d say ask different shops to see what they say. Or you could get them painted and clear wrapped to protect from chips. Might be a little more expensive though.
Yeah thats what the shop manager said it'll start to fail overtime...waste of $ going that route. I want it done once & done right. Been asked 3 different shops & all of them pointing me to the paint option. Yeah thats what I'm thinking to do paint then clear-bra. It's all good if it's a lil bit more expensive, I'm always willing to pay extra for top quality & besides the Chally has her own bank account lol

Before
20180716_095630.jpg

After
20180830_165101.jpg

I’m running into the same issue on the explorer trim on the rear. It’s a big chrome piece but has “explorer” in raised letters. I might try to do it but cut out the letters and leave them chrome

Yeah thats what the shop manager said it'll start to fail overtime...waste of $ going that route. I want it done once & done right. Been asked 3 different shops & all of them pointing me to the paint option. Yeah thats what I'm thinking to do paint then clear-bra. It's all good if it's a lil bit more expensive, I'm always willing to pay extra for top quality & besides the Chally has her own bank account lol
What would a set of mouldings from Mopar cost for you to just get an OEM set and have them wrapped?

no more wrangler???
Traded in the wrangler for the Audi. I have a 9 month old so I wasn’t going to be going topo off etc for a while, plus dd’ing that thing got to me - needed something faster. :lol: still love jeeps, I plan to pick up a used one in a few years when my son is a little older.

Traded in the wrangler for the Audi. I have a 9 month old so I wasn’t going to be going topo off etc for a while, plus dd’ing that thing got to me - needed something faster. :lol: still love jeeps, I plan to pick up a used one in a few years when my son is a little older.

Feel u on the slow part :lol:

20190427_134642.jpg
20190427_134632.jpg

They're gunna put a bed cover on it and some runners for me when they detail. Almost went with a tundra crewmax with trd pro. But something about da hemi...

Dodge has some crazy good incentives right now. Got it for like 8k under sticker. Could have done the same on a charger scat pack but I decided to be responsible hah

What would a set of mouldings from Mopar cost for you to just get an OEM set and have them wrapped?
I have the mouldings, they're on the car from factory. I want the front/rear lips & some smaller ones wrapped because they come like a matte or flat grey from the factory

Back
Top Bottom