\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Checked my plugs and did a compression test after my oil change. ~160 psi across all four cylinders :pimp:

If you get the f150 I’d say get the 3.5 L twin turbo... fastest and most efficient short of the diesel. What’s not to like

That’s very true, plus a couple mods and you’re really hauling ***.

I like Toyota but I’m not paying 50k+ for a damn truck.

If you get the f150 I’d say get the 3.5 L twin turbo... fastest and most efficient short of the diesel. What’s not to like
5.0 is more reliable though that’s what I’d get. Not that the ecoboost isn’t but I’ve known a couple guys that had turbos go out before warranty was out. If you want to keep it long term then I’d go for the 5.0 but if you’re those that get rid of cars quick I’d get the EB and mod the hell out of it.

I’d probably keep it 5+ years, I’m also interested in the ranger since I got a small garage and it can tow a decent amount.

That’s the thing, NA will usually be more reliable and I don’t really care about mpgs. But hearing a turbo whistle is always a plus... and you can make cheap power.

5.0 isn’t slow though by any means. They got a nasty 40-80mph.

That’s very true, plus a couple mods and you’re really hauling ***.

I like Toyota but I’m not paying 50k+ for a damn truck.
Nah man they'll work with you of you have a trade.... that's where they make a bulk of their cash, alot of times they'll make 500 bucks on the deal just to make a sale and make the rest on your trade. So I had one Tundra specd to 52 that they came down to 44 on and one at 46 they were gunna give me what I paid for the Ram 38.9k... car shopping is just about being ruthless. I show up to the dealer with the write up from the other dealer.... "if you cant touch these numbers we cant talk" it was a long day at 3 different dealers but got the job done hah 0% and got about twice the equity out of my POS impala I was expecting. Chevy/GMC were the only trucks i didnt look at. The ram and the f150 made the final cut. The incentives on the Ford were actually even crazier. Like 12k off the eco boost. One I had specd at 53k ultimately they were gunna sell me for 1000 less than Ram... the fuel economy had me thinking I should do that but when I test drove both it was kinda no contest. The ram rides so much smoother and the cabin is bigger and quieter. Also everywhere I went in the Ram ppl were mirin Haha obv because it's a brand new redesign but still that's gotta be worth a dollar or two a month.

That new ranger is clean but I’d probably go with that Toyota midsize joint if I was in that market.

The thing with Toyota is you know what you’re gonna get, it’s provably gonna last as long as you want it.

The ranger is clean though and Ford makes good trucks. It’s new here but it’s been out in every other country for a while now so it’s not like you gotta be scared of a brand new design.

I’m kind of put off by a turbo DD though, I blew two turbos this week in my work trucks. :lol: one minute you’re boosting at 40psi the next oil is shooting everywhere.

jewseejay jewseejay
nice new Ram 1500

color match(nightfall grey) painted rear emblem

and added ZL1-style clear/dark 3rd brake light
20190428_162703.jpg

she needs a bath

I’m running into the same issue on the explorer trim on the rear. It’s a big chrome piece but has “explorer” in raised letters. I might try to do it but cut out the letters and leave them chrome
Man, I would imagine that is gonna be hard to cut out all those letters and make it look good. You could also consider getting a replacement piece, and just sanding/cutting off the Explorer letters, and then wrap it. Would probably look clean all shaved too :smokin

Glad it worked out for you. Truck looks flawless as usual, nicely done. Yeah same here my preferred choice is wrap but looks like that ain't happening. So far all 3 shops told me painting them is the best option. I'm taking it into the nearest bodyshop by me on Tues for an evaluation. Why did them being embossed with Grand Cherokee not want the shops to do em? Wouldn't it be easy since it already has a layer of chrome as opposed to being textured or primed? The plasti-dip then glossify isn't a bad idea actually. You did it by yourself? And it all came out nicely on yours, I love the all-black theme on the truck. I might just get them painted & then clear-bra'd
Thanks man! Your black wheels are lookin clean :smokin.

The shops didn't want to wrap it because if they do, there is going to be space behind the vinyl wrap where the Grand Cherokee letters are, and it will rip pretty easily due to that. And the letters are too deeply embossed into the trim to stretch the vinyl into where the letters are too.

And yea, did the Plasti-Dip myself. It was pretty easy, just mainly prep work taping everything off so you don't get any overspray. Definitely doesn't look like the typical Plasti-Dip with the addition of the glossifier, it just kinda blends in with the truck. Pretty cheap too if you do it yourself.

Paint would have been my first choice too, but I know the moldings on mine are a ***** to take off, and none of the local shops would stand behind their work if they sprayed over the chrome moldings, they all said the paint would eventually crack and fall off. I've seen lots of guys online get their chrome moldings painted though and have them hold up, so there must be a way to properly prep them in order for the paint to stick.

250: The moldings are easy to get painted. Its all in the prep work. You cannot just spray over the chrome. That stuff needs to be stripped, scuffed and adhesion promoters need to be put on. Shops that dont want to do it, are lazy and they probably will **** it up.

And your door moldings, just get a set of oem plastic Laredo Grand Cherokee moldings (07-10, not 06 because they were really wide) and have the shop shave off the Grand Cherokee lettering and paint the plastic.

IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0424.jpg

My cousin sent me these pics. IDK if any of you JK wrangler guys on here are looking for a subwoofer, but just letting ya'll know. He sold his JK for a JL. A mojito green MOAB edition. That paint is sooooo ill.

300 OBO for the sub.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 0
250: The moldings are easy to get painted. Its all in the prep work. You cannot just spray over the chrome. That stuff needs to be stripped, scuffed and adhesion promoters need to be put on. Shops that dont want to do it, are lazy and they probably will **** it up.

And your door moldings, just get a set of oem plastic Laredo Grand Cherokee moldings (07-10, not 06 because they were really wide) and have the shop shave off the Grand Cherokee lettering and paint the plastic.
Yea I've heard people do em that way on the forums. Unfortunately I don't really have a shop I'd trust to do it here locally, and they'd probably charge me way too much too since it would be a custom job that they aren't used to doing. I could try and do em myself but I'm not sure how they would turn out. They look pretty good now as is so I'll just leave em alone. I probably won't be keeping this truck for too much longer either, just waiting to be done school next year before I look into something else.

Man, I would imagine that is gonna be hard to cut out all those letters and make it look good. You could also consider getting a replacement piece, and just sanding/cutting off the Explorer letters, and then wrap it. Would probably look clean all shaved too :smokin
Not a bad idea actually. But if I order a replacement might as well order the black one from the sport trim. I don’t really wanna throw money into the explorer though just wanna get rid of some chrome and make it look decent

IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0424.jpg

My cousin sent me these pics. IDK if any of you JK wrangler guys on here are looking for a subwoofer, but just letting ya'll know. He sold his JK for a JL. A mojito green MOAB edition. That paint is sooooo ill.

300 OBO for the sub.
That alpine wrangler stereo is :smokin I was going to have one installed if I kept mine.

Not a bad idea actually. But if I order a replacement might as well order the black one from the sport trim. I don’t really wanna throw money into the explorer though just wanna get rid of some chrome and make it look decent
Oh, yea if they make a replacement piece that is black already that would be the move. Might be able to find it cheap from a junkyard.

I hear ya on not wanting to throw money into it. My wife is picking up a 2013 Sante Fe today (pains me to say that, but the price was right and she wants an SUV since in 6 months I'll be 250 Daddy) and I won't be touching it either. The good news there is then I'll be free to get a car again, we don't need 2 SUVs.

Oh, yea if they make a replacement piece that is black already that would be the move. Might be able to find it cheap from a junkyard.

I hear ya on not wanting to throw money into it. My wife is picking up a 2013 Sante Fe today (pains me to say that, but the price was right and she wants an SUV since in 6 months I'll be 250 Daddy) and I won't be touching it either. The good news there is then I'll be free to get a car again, we don't need 2 SUVs.
5.0? :nerd:

Time to trade the SRT for a Gxp :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom