\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I know we all have a different philosophy when it comes driving your cars but I would want to drive my fun car as much as possible. I wouldn't care about mileage unless I was on a lease. Life is too damn short.

I know we all have a different philosophy when it comes driving your cars but I would want to drive my fun car as much as possible. I wouldn't care about mileage unless I was on a lease. Life is too damn short.

I think we all would drive a nice car on a daily if we could and not have to worry about it. But as many have posted earlier in the thread, there's so many disrespectful people out there that couldn't give a ish about your car and will ding it, crash into it, scratch it. #thisiswhywecan'thavenicethings

Always good to have an alternative car where you're not as worried if you're just driving somewhere unimportant

I think we all would drive a nice car on a daily if we could and not have to worry about it. But as many have posted earlier in the thread, there's so many disrespectful people out there that couldn't give a ish about your car and will ding it, crash into it, scratch it. #thisiswhywecan'thavenicethings

Always good to have an alternative car where you're not as worried if you're just driving somewhere unimportant

That can happen at any time tho. You can keep a car in a garage for 10 years and someone can hit you the moment you pull out of your driveway. The car in front of you can spit a rock out and crack your windshield or your paint, someone might ding it with a grocery cart or someone might rear-end you.....it's annoying and frustrating but you just have to charge it to the game because it can happen at any time but there is no way I am going to let that stop me from having fun in my car. Driving somewhere unimportant is exactly why I would buy a 700 hp car......to make the mundane not so mundane.

I just see no point in babying a car that you bought to have fun in.

That can happen at any time tho. You can keep a car in a garage for 10 years and someone can hit you the moment you pull out of your driveway. The car in front of you can spit a rock out and crack your windshield or your paint, someone might ding it with a grocery cart or someone might rear-end you.....it's annoying and frustrating but you just have to charge it to the game because it can happen at any time but there is no way I am going to let that stop me from having fun in my car. Driving somewhere unimportant is exactly why I would buy a 700 hp car......to make the mundane not so mundane.

Future resale value...

You're right life is too damn short & you never know what tmrw can bring, but, it doesn't hurt to try & protect it today. My thing is if you have 2 or more cars the errands & trivial things can be done in your DD + bad weather you can take a beater & weekends enjoy the fun car but to each their own *shrug*

Thats true soo many different variables out on the road but I'm satisfied knowing I do my utmost best in keeping my fun car pristine @ all times. I can't use it for grocery runs, to & from the gym. And when it's extensively modified under the hood why take that car to a DD routine? Both sides have valid points it just boils down to what you prefer & what personally works for you :D

I’m slowly leaning towards having a dedicated DD just because of the mpg I’m getting on the GTI lol Then again it’s like what Mystic said, it’s make the mundane tasks not so mundane.

Thats true soo many different variables out on the road but I'm satisfied knowing I do my utmost best in keeping my fun car pristine @ all times. I can't use it for grocery runs, to & from the gym. And when it's extensively modified under the hood why take that car to a DD routine? Both sides have valid points it just boils down to what you prefer & what personally works for you :D

Exactly. True, no way to predict when anything will happen. If you're truly having a "Fun" and spirited drive and something happens while i'm actually having "fun", then its just the roll of the dice. However, if i'm driving to the store to buy something, i'm not going to be mashing it or having "fun" with it. At least in that instance, anything happens, my DD will take the damage.

Yeah the laws suck in ca but there are always ways around them. Few hundred bucks every few years to get around smog no biggie to me.
You can get around state refs for a pretty penny as well but in my experience the people who get state ref is when they are suspected of racing or sideshow activities.
Ive never got a ticket for my 5% tints all around or never got state ref.( I run Longtubes and straight pipes on all my cars even the teggy).
People like to Exaggerate

I used to think this way when I was younger. Drove the car almost 50k miles in a little over two years. A bunch of maintenance was needed after that since it was nearing 100k miles. This whole time I had a second car that just sat there because I wanted to always drive the mustang. I don’t regret having fun in it but I do regret not taking advantage of the second car cause I did beat up the mustang pretty quickly. Resale value took a decent hit too. This time around when I cop a 5.0 I’ll definitely do things differently

I used to think this way when I was younger. Drove the car almost 50k miles in a little over two years. A bunch of maintenance was needed after that since it was nearing 100k miles. This whole time I had a second car that just sat there because I wanted to always drive the mustang. I don’t regret having fun in it but I do regret not taking advantage of the second car cause I did beat up the mustang pretty quickly. Resale value took a decent hit too. This time around when I cop a 5.0 I’ll definitely do things differently
If u like
And keeping ur car
Resale don’t mean anything though
Not reselling any of my challengers
Hope to give the scat to my son in 2 1/2 years
When he gets his license at 16

Im in the camp that feels like the cars are meant to be driven.

I understand babying certain cars. Especially keeping them out of rain/snow etc. but at a certain point i truly would feel like its a waste? 3000 miles over a few years? Shoulda been banking that bread

I can understand the point of view of keeping your car prestine for as long possible but there is no way I could keep a 700hp car in the garage. No way! :lol:

I look at it this way, it doesn't matter if it takes me 3 years or 10 years to put 60K miles on a car because I will have driven/experienced the car the same distance.

Resale value on a depreciating asset like a car is worrying about spilled milk to me personally. Especially on a mass produced car.

Exactly. True, no way to predict when anything will happen. If you're truly having a "Fun" and spirited drive and something happens while i'm actually having "fun", then its just the roll of the dice. However, if i'm driving to the store to buy something, i'm not going to be mashing it or having "fun" with it. At least in that instance, anything happens, my DD will take the damage.

To me, it would make no difference if my car is damaged during a grocery store run or if I am in the canyons mashing it. I would be blown either way :lol:

Maybe it's because I have been in a few major accidents(non my fault) and lost cars that I loved but I realized it's easy to replace them and life is short. Might as well have fun while you can.

I can understand the point of view of keeping your car prestine for as long possible but there is no way I could keep a 700hp car in the garage. No way! :lol:

I look at it this way, it doesn't matter if it takes me 3 years or 10 years to put 60K miles on a car because I will have driven/experienced the car the same distance.

Resale value on a depreciating asset like a car is worrying about spilled milk to me personally. Especially on a mass produced car.

To me, it would make no difference if my car is damaged during a grocery store run or if I am in the canyons mashing it. I would be blown either way :lol:

Maybe it's because I have been in a few major accidents(non my fault) and lost cars that I loved but I realized it's easy to replace them and life is short. Might as well have fun while you can.

Alot of people have no choice but to leave their cars stored because of crap weather. But keep it plain and simple guys. Theres a time and place for everything. Alot of my cars have stiff suspension and it's a pain in the *** worrying about potholes or people scratching the candy.

Alot of people have no choice but to leave their cars stored because of crap weather. But keep it plain and simple guys. Theres a time and place for everything. Alot of my cars have stiff suspension and it's a pain in the *** worrying about potholes or people scratching the candy.
Yeah took 15 min
To find the right parking spot
Cause the wife took the disabled placard for the other car :smh:
I gotta tell her to get her parents to get 2 instead of 1

Back
Top Bottom