\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Exactly. True, no way to predict when anything will happen. If you're truly having a "Fun" and spirited drive and something happens while i'm actually having "fun", then its just the roll of the dice. However, if i'm driving to the store to buy something, i'm not going to be mashing it or having "fun" with it. At least in that instance, anything happens, my DD will take the damage.
For sure. Getting into an accident while having fun like you said its just the roll of the dice. The rest of it long live the DD lol. I need me a 2nd DD in the form of a 2 door Jeep man

I used to think this way when I was younger. Drove the car almost 50k miles in a little over two years. A bunch of maintenance was needed after that since it was nearing 100k miles. This whole time I had a second car that just sat there because I wanted to always drive the mustang. I don’t regret having fun in it but I do regret not taking advantage of the second car cause I did beat up the mustang pretty quickly. Resale value took a decent hit too. This time around when I cop a 5.0 I’ll definitely do things differently
Atleast you enjoyed it & thats most important. And the enjoyement doesn't have to mean that the car must be DD in order to be enjoyed. In terms of resale value I hear ya it dipped since it was high miles. As for me, I'm good cuz I'm never sellin the Chally...can careless if it goes up or down in value as time goes on. Get that 5.0...what year you lookin @?

Im in the camp that feels like the cars are meant to be driven.

I understand babying certain cars. Especially keeping them out of rain/snow etc. but at a certain point i truly would feel like its a waste? 3000 miles over a few years? Shoulda been banking that bread
Def not a waste imo if you care for & love your ride. Going into the Chally equation I already had me a DD & knew the Chally was going to be seldom used. My boy with the Orange 2010 SRT Chally in the vid I posted few pages back just hit the 10k mark

Alot of people have no choice but to leave their cars stored because of crap weather. But keep it plain and simple guys. Theres a time and place for everything. Alot of my cars have stiff suspension and it's a pain in the *** worrying about potholes or people scratching the candy.
Word for word man! Here in NY we get extreme cold temps & good amount of snow then comes the road salt to melt it all away. That salt does a number on a cars chassis. I'd hate to drive my Challenger on that mess. So for winters it stays covered in the garage & I regularly fire up the engine once a week every week to keep the fluids pumping & not stagnant. Like you said theres a place & time for everything. Potholes & scratches are the worst

C8 Corvette reveal is today :smokin

If GM gets the price right, they've got a hit on their hands. Hoping it's a performance bargain like the GTR was when it came out in 2008

C8 Corvette reveal is today :smokin

If GM gets the price right, they've got a hit on their hands. Hoping it's a performance bargain like the GTR was when it came out in 2008
they won't get it right
and won't be performance bargain
will look nice though

Seen this today

760AA970-A85E-49A6-AB22-91BC00174B41.jpeg
EA89FBBB-4C47-471D-B923-44CEBB26A3AA.jpeg
31F4EE05-8F60-4169-821E-971801D7148B.jpeg
B994B326-D1E8-46B0-BF2C-286E7DF55930.jpeg

Atleast you enjoyed it & thats most important. And the enjoyement doesn't have to mean that the car must be DD in order to be enjoyed. In terms of resale value I hear ya it dipped since it was high miles. As for me, I'm good cuz I'm never sellin the Chally...can careless if it goes up or down in value as time goes on. Get that 5.0...what year you lookin @?
Probably 2015 and up although I do like the previous gen gt500 but that’s a different beast

I'm starting to really fall in love with the Urus. Curious to see how these things depreciate because I would certainly entertain the idea of picking one up if the price was right.

Hopefully we hit another major recession soon. I was too young for the last one :/

Back
Top Bottom