\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I must be the only one who doesn't like the TE37s much, especially on a Euro car. If I had a choice, i'd pick BBS for BMWs over any Volks. Just a personal preference.

With that said, the E46 is simply the best looking generation of 3-series, ever!

I'm looking to purchase a used car, here are the three,
09 - 10 Audi a4 Premium Plus (Quattro)
08 - 10 Lexus IS250
09 - 10 BMW 3 Series 328i (Coupe or Sedan)
My price ran is low 20s, preferably under 20k if possible. I have 5k down payment, I want to finance under 15k as much as possible. Im having the hardest of time finding this old *** vehicles for low 20s lol. I would think since the completely redesign 2013 a4 dropped the older models will drop in price, and well, thats just not happening as much. I need PP for the LED fronts, and quattro is preferred but it also bumps the price. I don't know much about the Lexus 250, but it is the cheapest of the bunch, found a 2009 for 18,999, again, don't know much about the 250s. The BMW is the least desired because the interior just are crap looking compare to others in its class. Sorry, dont mean to make BMW owners mad. Would prefer the coupe.
Im located in socal, any help would be great. No private sellers.

a4

easy

an ive been shopping for a car for months now.........i actually put inquires on my credit report an ive already been pre approved but i think im gonna wait until december now

ive been all over the place man....

i read bmw forums and vw/audi forums all the time

i come from a toyota family an the lexus is is def reliable but looks wise isnt touchin the a4

i love a lot of is drivin experience my mom had an 07 is250 an i drove it all the time, it is a very smooth ride and awd handled great, maybe a lil underpowered but for me honestly smashin the pedal and 0-60 is overrated im an everyday driver

updated pic of my car:
7706987892_e832924142_b.jpg

Nice whip!:smokin

Whats everyone thoughts on a salvaged title? I know they're scary but what if there was no frame damage, would you copp? I got contacted by a local dealer, they have a 09 BMW 335i loaded... nav, sports package everything. It was crashed, but no frame damage, just front end. No engine damage either, twin turbos still spoil up... FULL BOOST. It was fully repaired, fix and tested. Car runs perfect they said. I could come and test drive it too. They want 19k, I figured I could talk them down too17k, drop 5k down payment and finance for 12...

Deal or no deal?

Whats everyone thoughts on a salvaged title? I know they're scary but what if there was no frame damage, would you copp? I got contacted by a local dealer, they have a 09 BMW 335i loaded... nav, sports package everything. It was crashed, but no frame damage, just front end. No engine damage either, twin turbos still spoil up... FULL BOOST. It was fully repaired, fix and tested. Car runs perfect they said. I could come and test drive it too. They want 19k, I figured I could talk them down too17k, drop 5k down payment and finance for 12...
Deal or no deal?

I always thought you were an Japanese import fan :\

^i don't think banks finance on salvaged title vehicles.

But if they do the down side would be insurance. Call your insurance provider and see what coverage you can get before purchasing.

Deal or no deal?

how many miles does it have? and be careful with the 335i without the warranty, i see the turbos get replaced more often then you think.

Aren't salvaged title vehicles a pain to get insurance on.. And ain't insurance a grip on a car with a salvaged title.. Or am I trippin?

Last edited:
that salvaged title is going to come down to how you weigh the pros and cons. a quick search for 2009 335i's shows that they're currently going for the low 30's to mid 30k's. if you were dead set on buying a 2009 335i, then that would be a pretty good deal to stumble upon. the thing is, if that car got salvaged, it had some serious damage to it that was going to cost $30k+ to repair. are you going to feel comfortable driving something that was rebuilt extensively no matter what they say they actually had to fix? also, like other people have said, insurance is going to be a pain. i think i've read that some companies won't insure them at all and some will only give you liability insurance...so if you get into an accident, they'll take care of the other car, but you would be out your own car and could still be paying off what you still owe on it out of your own pocket while no longer having a useable car.

all that being said, my friend's currently in the market for a car for under 20k and i tried to convince him to buy a salvaged sl550 for $18k, but he didn't go for it after learning all of the above.

Last edited:

Deal or no deal?
I'd say no deal, but that's just based on the fact that it's a salvaged title.  I don't remember the exact number, but I think, in California, a salvaged title means the damage was worth 75%+ of the value of the car.  So let's say the car was worth $30k, that means the damage was around $22k.  If you're really considering it then make sure it was checked out by a reputable auto body company.  Also, insurance will probably be high and maintenance will be as well, especially without a warranty...

Deal or no deal?
Interesting, What kind of dealer is this? Make sure you ask why its salvaged in the first place. Dealers often dont risk selling ANY kind of salvaged title cars in fear of being sued. So if they're confident in the car, it honestly must be in good condition.

Honestly bro, work out a deal with them. If its a BMW dealer, get their technician to do a full inspection on the car and see what they recommend getting replaced. If its 100% repaired why the hell not? If you could somehow get them to agree to 17k, thats one HELL of a deal bro. That car is perfection, trust me. Get an insurance quote and see if they offer some type of limited warranty on it. Turbos on that car are notorious for problems.

To sum it up, see if they offer a warranty. Get them to do a full inspection of anything that will wear out. And then give your offer if all goes well. That is a fantastic deal.

Last edited:
any of u guys refer me to a good transmission shop in the valley?

finding a mechanic is so dam difficult

I have looked at those, but too small (1 series), and not a fan of the wagon form (A3).
I guess I will wait it out, never thought it would be THIS difficult to get a 3 - 4 year old car under 20k
laugh.gif
have u looked at TLs or Gs? even a year or two older RLs or Ms 
pimp.gif

250 is same size as the 1 series more or less...

Have two buyers who want to see it today, most likely it'll be gone by Monday. Just too expensive for storage, look like the biggest douche driving/parking this thing.Want the 458 so bad though...

Last edited:
THE NEW CAR

2003 FORD MUSTANG MACH 1 :pimp: :pimp:

BORLA STAINLESS CATBACK READY TO BE INSTALLED

STILL GOT A BASSANI STAINLESS O/R X-PIPE COMING IN AND A K&N. NEXT MODS ARE MID LENGTH HEADERS, INTAKE SPACER, THROTTLE BODY AND SCT TUNER. THEN A DYNO TO SEE WHAT SHE MAKES WITH JUST BOLT ONS.

MY OLD GT. RIP

:frown:

Nice car Memphis. That sucks your old whip got did in.

I'm SERIOUSLY considering getting some kind of project car before getting the "Main" whip. Can't believe I waited so long to seriously go for a car :smh:

Have two buyers who want to see it today, most likely it'll be gone by Monday. Just too expensive for storage, look like the biggest douche driving/parking this thing.Want the 458 so bad though...

You said you had a F430, not a F360 in the thread with that cop getting his foot run over by some dude in his f458. You got a f360 and f430?

What rims are those if it's really yours?

If you guys were to buy a car over 100K miles. What would be the circumstances? Whats the most you'd spend?

Deal or no deal?

Interesting, What kind of dealer is this? Make sure you ask why its salvaged in the first place. Dealers often dont risk selling ANY kind of salvaged title cars in fear of being sued. So if they're confident in the car, it honestly must be in good condition.
Honestly bro, work out a deal with them. If its a BMW dealer, get their technician to do a full inspection on the car and see what they recommend getting replaced. If its 100% repaired why the hell not? If you could somehow get them to agree to 17k, thats one HELL of a deal bro. That car is perfection, trust me. Get an insurance quote and see if they offer some type of limited warranty on it. Turbos on that car are notorious for problems.

To sum it up, see if they offer a warranty. Get them to do a full inspection of anything that will wear out. And then give your offer if all goes well. That is a fantastic deal.

i dont think ive ever heard of a legit dealership especially BMW sell a salvaged car..

Back
Top Bottom