\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Eo
Hey buddy, I've been there a few times. It's only about 30 minutes from where I live. It's a nice place to walk around in. You'll spend over an hour easily if you go through all the rooms, especially the "barn find" room with all the old trucks. There are some cool cars for sale. Some are owned by them for sale and lots are on consignment. It's a good time if you never been there before.

Do yourself a favor. Being your close by, and it's the outskirts of lancaster/amish country, there are a few places to eat there. Shady Maple smorgasbord is up the road a little bit (maybe 20-30 minutes). Amazing amount of food. I never do it as I can't eat that much, but it's a tourist thing now, & worth the drive. Plus they are really OCD about making sure it's clean and such. They chance the spoons every 15 minutes or so, and gloves at every spot to wear when you get food. Plus their grocery store up front, is awesome. The bakery is amazing! Get some donuts if you go early.

Just around the corner from them is a place called September Farms. It's a cheese farm. If you like cheese, it's insane. So many different flavors to buy. I haven't been there since the pandemic but they are still open. Not sure if they are still doing the free samples, but definitely a great place to get lunch and some stuff to take home.

And lastly, a awesome dairy farm with fresh homemade ice cream and handmade waffle cones. Lapp Valley Farms. They have peacocks walking around, lol. You walk inside and you can smell the waffle cones being made. It's amazing. Just be aware that NONE of this is open on Sundays, lol. So if you go to Classic Auto Mall, go during the week. Enjoy bud. You'll have a good time. 👍👍
Wow, thank you so much for all the great info. brother, appreciate you very much :emoji_thumbsup: . Definitely hitting up at least 1 of those farms you mentioned. All sounds soo damn good lol. Yes, this'll be our first visit to the mall so it should be a good time. I always enjoy the drive more than the destination especially if countryside backroads are involved which, thankfully, PA has a plethora of. Most likely going to be a Tues when we go so it should all be open. I read a lot of the cars there are replicas/tributes- is this true? Even if it is, I'm still going but was being curious about it

Oh snap, they have a ceramic shampoo? WTH, am I going blind? lol I was looking on their website for a minute & didn't even see it. I always try to give my moola to Adam's than if they don't have what I want to Chemical Guys I go. Got a bottle of it from Chem Guys now so owell. You should've had them ship you a new one. Was there enough left in it to get at least 1 use out of it? I ordered a bunch of stuff & 1 of their new graphene ceramic coating which retails for 80 bucks per bottle...someone at the warehouse was feeling generous & tossed in a 2nd bottle for free :pimp:. That or it was a mistake. Either way worked out lovely for me lol
the bottle is pretty small. Looks like it’s maybe enough for 2-3 washes. I think it popped open cause of the heat when it was 110 for a whole week out here, and the bottle was empty. I hit them up and they offered to give me a refund but I had to send it back. It was not worth my time for $10 so I took the L.

Nice! That sounds promising. Who wouldn't want mega gloss after a carwash. My bad in my earlier post I stated we're using Adam's ceramic shampoo...it's actually Chemical Guys ceramic shampoo*. Adam's doesn't have a ceramic shampoo, I just checked :frown: lol. Your car with the ceramic- is that a daily driver? I ask because on non-dailys they say the ceramic can last upto 3 years with proper maintenance. DAMN you're from Hawaii? That's wassup!!! What's life like out there? Probably a year round paradise I imagine. What's the car scene lookin like out there? Mix of everything or more muscle centric? And word, probably A LOT of rain lol. What wax do you use? I like Adam's waterless wash(takes off plenty of water spots & streaks), ceramic boost for added gloss depth. I'm still with old formula as I've got plenty left in the bottle but they now have a new & improved formula. Their towels I LOVE. Dropped $38 on the ultra plush towel frated @ 800 GSM. Used it last time after claying as I didn't have my blower at the time & WOW one wipe & it absorbs all the water panel-by-panel
Yeah mines is a daily driver, no garage queens here!

Hawaii is awesome, the car scene here in Honolulu is pretty diverse, alot of JDM/drift guys here naturally, R35’s are pretty popular out here. Good classic muscle scene out here as well, you get alot of retired vets who have some really nice, well taken care of toys out here. Never seen so many GRAND NATIONALS in one area! Then you have your beach cruisers/islands cars...alot of VW’s, beautiful bugs outs here, busses are super popular too. Then the rich folk with their exotics, I actually see some really neat exotics from the 70’s out here from time to time. Very cool.

Every 3 day weekend out here regardless of the holiday people pull out their toys and cruise....it’s some STUNNING drives out here for sure, perfect place to roll the windows down, turn the radio up and just ride out brothaa 🤙

Cobra looks like a kit car.
Also what a weird location to put a 3rd lift. Looks like a PITA to get a car on and off.
Yeah more than likely it is a kit car. Not many OGs are around. Lol yeah that is an interesting spot to put that lift. It's not that big of a shop so they're probably just trying to use as much space best as possible
the bottle is pretty small. Looks like it’s maybe enough for 2-3 washes. I think it popped open cause of the heat when it was 110 for a whole week out here, and the bottle was empty. I hit them up and they offered to give me a refund but I had to send it back. It was not worth my time for $10 so I took the L.
Yeah that makes sense. 110 degrees? Goddamn! lol

Yeah mines is a daily driver, no garage queens here!

Hawaii is awesome, the car scene here in Honolulu is pretty diverse, alot of JDM/drift guys here naturally, R35’s are pretty popular out here. Good classic muscle scene out here as well, you get alot of retired vets who have some really nice, well taken care of toys out here. Never seen so many GRAND NATIONALS in one area! Then you have your beach cruisers/islands cars...alot of VW’s, beautiful bugs outs here, busses are super popular too. Then the rich folk with their exotics, I actually see some really neat exotics from the 70’s out here from time to time. Very cool.

Every 3 day weekend out here regardless of the holiday people pull out their toys and cruise....it’s some STUNNING drives out here for sure, perfect place to roll the windows down, turn the radio up and just ride out brothaa 🤙
Perfect place for drift/JDM cars with all them twisty roads. Never knew Honolulu was such a hotspot for Grand Nationals, that's pretty dope. Love me a mean VW bug, esp the older ones. Any Magnum P.I. era Ferrari's? You be driving around in dune buggies when out on the beaches or they don't allow that?

I never get sick of cleaning this car. I love using the last coat products on it. It’s shines so nice every time.
3757CC0A-FD80-49B5-A4AA-6333C88C3AD1.jpeg

432D8016-9CF3-4FC9-9B07-0ADF7A06D3F5.jpeg

fairfield973 fairfield973 That is a gorgeous ride you got there bro, wowow :pimp::pimp::pimp:. Dope *** color combo too, phew! You use The Last Coat I see. I used to use F11 but since switched over to the last coat because F11 didn't last long enough. Both products really do add a nice shine I've seen. Have you tracked the Vette?

Got this vid on my youtube recommendations. Cool watch. They've got to be some of the most adorable little cars around. Would love to have that old school Mini & Janus. Smartcars look BIG In that lineup!

M MrClean510 Speaking of kit cars...I always wondered who assigns them VIN numbers? Technically the car is a "fake" for lack of a better word, right? A lot of them no one would even be able to tell are replicas/variants/tributes. All cars that are manufactured in a factory or by car brands are assigned legal VIN #'s through the gov'ts NHTSA dept. but I've seen videos on youtube of guys making insanely accurate Lambos & Batmobiles :lol: that are deemed road legal with legal VIN #'S/registration/inspection all that good stuff

Eo

Wow, thank you so much for all the great info. brother, appreciate you very much :emoji_thumbsup: . Definitely hitting up at least 1 of those farms you mentioned. All sounds soo damn good lol. Yes, this'll be our first visit to the mall so it should be a good time. I always enjoy the drive more than the destination especially if countryside backroads are involved which, thankfully, PA has a plethora of. Most likely going to be a Tues when we go so it should all be open. I read a lot of the cars there are replicas/tributes- is this true? Even if it is, I'm still going but was being curious about it

Hey buddy, your very welcome. 👍 You'll have a good time. As far as cars being replicas? I mean they do have some kit car Cobras for sale. They also have a real CSX2000 Cobra which is roped off. For the most part the cars are great. And plenty of backroads to drive through. Oh, and a Sheetz isn't too far from the collection. Some hate it, I actually like it. Much more selection of food vs a Wawa (which is good but choices are stale, in regards to nothing new). You'll have a good time. 🙏

M MrClean510 Speaking of kit cars...I always wondered who assigns them VIN numbers? Technically the car is a "fake" for lack of a better word, right? A lot of them no one would even be able to tell are replicas/variants/tributes. All cars that are manufactured in a factory or by car brands are assigned legal VIN #'s through the gov'ts NHTSA dept. but I've seen videos on youtube of guys making insanely accurate Lambos & Batmobiles :lol: that are deemed road legal with legal VIN #'S/registration/inspection all that good stuff

When you buy a Factory Five Cobra/Daytona Coupe kit, Superformance, the kit comes with a MSO. Manufacturer's Start of Origin. That will have a VIN which will go to the state so they can register it under the year the replica is supposed to be from. I have ZERO issues with a kit car. I think they are fantastic. Especially ones from FF or Superformance. In reality, a real 289/427 Cobra is just too valuable to drive on the road. And if you ever see a Cobra Daytona Coupe, it's a kit. How do I know? It's because they only made 6. One (the prototype) is in the Simeone museum in Philly, one or two is in the Shelby museum in Boulder Colorado and the last few in private collections.

I've seen a FF Daytona and they are VERY VERY well designed. If I had the room to build one (my garage already has my Mustang & my wife's '69 Camaro in it, so no room) and the tools, I would definitely strive for one. I already have the assembly manual and in reality, it's not that hard, once you read the instructions. It's all about time, cash on hand and having connections to get it done.

It's why SEMA came out with a law that allows small manufacturers to build a kit car with an engine in it, where as in the past it wasn't allowed (built to roller status before the buyer had to take it to a shop to get the motor installed). But a FF Daytona is just beautiful!! And my ultimate dream car is and always be a 2005-2006 Ford GT. But they are now around $300K for lower mileage ones. So that is something I'll never get (which upsets me A LOT, being I've driven them so much and just LOVE IT). So a kit car GT40 is a good second option. Smaller, definitely, and more track oriented, but still street legal and A/C is optional, and depending on the brand of build (ERA, Bailey, etc) some are around $100K used when they come up for sale. It's nice to dream.

Last edited:
I love this website,started to appreciate european cars since i found it.

47EDE523-CC85-4224-B928-43CAC2D909F8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom