\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

50F9D261-4DB6-43A4-B075-D2871E24B210.jpeg

Crazyness

You can actually add another $8 million to the value of Leno's McLaren F1. It's worth approximately $20 million now. Since the one sold at Moneterey Car Week last August for $20.5 M it just increases the value of the other 63 street versions they made of the standard car (no LM, LT or GTR versions). Plus add whatever value Leno owning it brings (it's something, also considering he bought it new is the original owner).

And he drives it a lot. And takes people for rides. Hell Doug reviewed it (but couldn't drive it as he couldn't get insurance for it).

Leno when he was hosting the Tonight Show just after Johnny retired, and did it a full calendar year, they put a camera on his parking spot. He drive a different car EVERY DAY to the studio. Leno can do whatever he wants as he is doing what we all dream of being able to do.

Oh is that why he coudnt? I thought Jay just didnt want him to. :lol:

F1 is such a dope car, it’s even cooler to me it has a bimmer motor in it.

The S70/2 will go down as one of the greatest motors ever created.

Want to know something more interesting? The F1 was supposed to have a HONDA V10 or V12 in it. Gordon Murray was a fan of their engines in the F1 race cars Senna drove, and he went to their research center in Japan and they declined to make one. They weren't interested! Crazy right?!!

Since your a BMW guy, you really should read the book Driving Ambition. It's the story of the entire history from drawings on bar napkins to creation of the F1. It's an amazing story how it came together from 4 individuals (Gordon Murray, Ron Dennis, Mansour Ojjeh (head of Tag group) and Creighton Brown (the person who basically created the McLaren Cars company in '89). If you like cars, you will LOVE the book. Only downside, it's pricey but cheaper copies do exist.

Oh is that why he coudnt? I thought Jay just didnt want him to. :lol:

That too probably, but Doug did answer that lingering question in one of his "more Doug Demuro" videos. It was about how he can afford to drive such expensive cars he doesn't own. He can get a personal insurance policy for a day at a predetermined value. The F1 was off the charts and that's the main reason he wouldn't do it. But probably also that Jay wouldn't let him either.

The S70/2 will go down as one of the greatest motors ever created.

Want to know something more interesting? The F1 was supposed to have a HONDA V10 or V12 in it. Gordon Murray was a fan of their engines in the F1 race cars Senna drove, and he went to their research center in Japan and they declined to make one. They weren't interested! Crazy right?!!

Since your a BMW guy, you really should read the book Driving Ambition. It's the story of the entire history from drawings on bar napkins to creation of the F1. It's an amazing story how it came together from 4 individuals (Gordon Murray, Ron Dennis, Mansour Ojjeh (head of Tag group) and Creighton Brown (the person who basically created the McLaren Cars company in '89). If you like cars, you will LOVE the book. Only downside, it's pricey but cheaper copies do exist.

Thanks for the tip I might be able to find that book actually at my wife’s job. They have tons of books up there about bmw.

People forget Honda used to do some bad *** stuff before they became the boring company we know them as today. I’m surprised they didn’t jump on that opportunity.

With the promotion I got at my job, I’m doing a lot more driving (with mileage paid) but even with my TSX, I spent 100 in gas this past weekend alone. With prices going the way they are and the amount of driving im doing, I’m actually contemplating a Model 3. Did some math and my mileage would pay for the car and I’d still have money in my pocket which is wild.

Was checking for new brake pads and didn’t know they even hit the pads with the inflation 😂. Can’t avoid the terrible market no where you go.

Thanks for the tip I might be able to find that book actually at my wife’s job. They have tons of books up there about bmw.

People forget Honda used to do some bad *** stuff before they became the boring company we know them as today. I’m surprised they didn’t jump on that opportunity.

Nope, they basically said they weren't interested and it wasn't something that interested then. Their loss.

Saw one of those mustang SUVs the other day. Not bad or anything just didn’t stick out at all, if I didn’t notice the taillights I wouldn’t have realized it was a mustang

Saw one of those mustang SUVs the other day. Not bad or anything just didn’t stick out at all, if I didn’t notice the taillights I wouldn’t have realized it was a mustang
Saw the Magnetic gray the other day with tinted out windows,
looked OK just wish it had balls 😈

Back
Top Bottom