\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Detailed it this past Tuesday. Going to be driving it Upstate to Lego Land in couple of weeks. Should be a fun drive.
Screenshot_20220702-015953_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220702-015734_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220702-015846_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220702-015515_Gallery.jpg

idr if you got ppf or just ceramic, but you should try to cover your front bumper for the road trip.

Snapped this pic last night after the curren$y show. Want to swap out the bumpers sometime in the near future 8)
3531339F-83E3-4DDE-8897-416399103653.jpeg

nice. i'm looking for a silver e46 sedan since the b6 wagon i was watching just sold :smh:

idr if you got ppf or just ceramic, but you should try to cover your front bumper for the road trip.

nice. i'm looking for a silver e46 sedan since the b6 wagon i was watching just sold :smh:
Yes sir, all already done. Had the entire car PPF'd & 1 layer of ceramic on top of the ppf back in May minus the stripes & the headlights & tails were tinted years ago.

zmaqbool zmaqbool When are you going to legoland? My friends bar that Im always at is like 2 miles away. If I am around, come have a drink
Good looks brother 😊. We're going Thurs the 21st. I can't drink alcohol because I'm Muslim but I'll take you up on the offer for some water on the rocks :lol: . I'll hit you up that morning when we get into Hudson Valley 👍. You bringing the Kitty?

Anyone with older cars have experience with the very beginnings of clear coat failure?

Overall the paint on my E39 is good, but on the very edges of the rear bumper, and on the very edges of where the taillights are, there is what looks like small beginnings of clear coat failure.

Is it possible to sand down the edges that are bubbling up and then respray a clear coat on it and maybe a protective film?

It looks VERY early into the stages, that's why I was hoping to catch it early so it didn't spread more.

Seen an oldschool Lotus while hanging in Lower East Side. What kinda Lotus is this? Watched hoops @ the Cage on West 4(iconic & legendary NYC basketball court, Dr. J balled here)
20220703_193112.jpg
20220703_193120.jpg
I thought it was a Lambo at first glance. Bonus pics of 🍕 from John's of Bleecker that is in the area. This is the stuff of legends & comes very close to a perfect 10. Top 5 NYC 🍕 joints hands down.

Extra bonus pics of the block getting shut down by the NYPD & ESU because the neighborhood homeless dude pushed a guy & pulled a machete out on a cop- welcome to NYC :lol: . About 18 cop cars showed up & pic of my bro's Max
20220703_204113.jpg
20220703_211617.jpg
20220703_193856.jpg
IMG-20220703-WA0007.jpg
20220703_193235.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve been seeing these Vanderhall 3 wheel cars lately. $26K isn’t bad. Anybody owns one?

D0F962F4-6BC5-48DE-94B8-54C3DACACC23.jpeg

While I don't own one, when I was at the dealership, on a Saturday, I looked out on the lot and my boss (the dealer) had drive one in. It was his friend's Vanderhall. So I asked, could I drive it. Gave me the key and I took it around the route we use for test drives.

Not kidding, I had a freaking BLAST in it. It was an auto, and had the manual "bump shift" mode for the auto trans which made it rather fun. You sit REALLY low, with no door, and the dipped sill, on the model I drove (I got a picture but can't remember when I took it). I could literally put the palm of my hand on the road while at a stoplight, that's how low you are.

It may have 3 wheels, but it's basically a car functionality in the form of a trike. Based on various state regulations, one may NOT need a motorcycle license to drive it, because these and other car bases trikes (Slingshot and a Morgan) are considered Autocycles. It would be a fun thing for sure to have if they weren't so much money. For the prices they are, I'd honestly rather work on importing an original S1 Lotus Elise RHD. The early cars are finally eligible for importing and some are dirt cheap overseas. Super basic, and about 1,600 lbs and super unique.

But if you can one to test drive, DEFINITELY do it, and give it a try. You'll have a blast. 👍👍

Thank you. Late 80's early 90's model?

It's the Peter Stevens designed X180 series car. Hard to tell without seeing the front emblem (it changed from the beginning of this series to the more modern emblem a few years into the X180 series, but it is anywhere from a 1988-1993.5. This is the series from Pretty Woman. Same series I drove to Radwood. Super fun car to drive. Can't tell if this is a regular 2.2 or the Turbo car. Just don't wear regular sneakers if you have anything larger than size 10 feet, lol. Pedal box is super small with no dead pedal. Super cool you saw one. 👍👍

While I don't own one, when I was at the dealership, on a Saturday, I looked out on the lot and my boss (the dealer) had drive one in. It was his friend's Vanderhall. So I asked, could I drive it. Gave me the key and I took it around the route we use for test drives.

Not kidding, I had a freaking BLAST in it. It was an auto, and had the manual "bump shift" mode for the auto trans which made it rather fun. You sit REALLY low, with no door, and the dipped sill, on the model I drove (I got a picture but can't remember when I took it). I could literally put the palm of my hand on the road while at a stoplight, that's how low you are.

It may have 3 wheels, but it's basically a car functionality in the form of a trike. Based on various state regulations, one may NOT need a motorcycle license to drive it, because these and other car bases trikes (Slingshot and a Morgan) are considered Autocycles. It would be a fun thing for sure to have if they weren't so much money. For the prices they are, I'd honestly rather work on importing an original S1 Lotus Elise RHD. The early cars are finally eligible for importing and some are dirt cheap overseas. Super basic, and about 1,600 lbs and super unique.

But if you can one to test drive, DEFINITELY do it, and give it a try. You'll have a blast. 👍👍

Thanks for that stellar feedback. When I get back next week - there’s a shop in Ga - I think I’m going to test drive it. Especially, the bump shift.

Looks like a great weekend toy for my daughter and I.

zmaqbool zmaqbool The Esprit is iconic, it was even a Bond car. Underwater :pimp:

They are pretty reasonably priced even now and there have been a lot of variations over the decades, but IMO the shape has always looked great. Like a little more sophisticated Lambo...Like a lot of British cars of the era they can be a bit quirky, but IMO you can't really go wrong with a Lotus.

170217-lotus-esprit-james-bond-spy-who-loved-me.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom