\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Nothing is for everybody and it is totally understandable that some won’t like them

BUT, I will say that there is a ton of misinformation fueling many of these statements. Which is disappointing, but all too common. It is clear the majority of you have never driven one or took a deep dive into the business - which is fine. But in that case, you are better off not commenting at all.

driving a Tesla and considering the overall package (safety, performance, cargo space, charging, software, etc) leaves very few competitors. Letting people who HATE EV’s/Teslas ride/drive my car has been of of my favorite things since getting my car.

Ps the taycan is by far the best looking EV out. If tesla opens their charging network to everybody as planned, that may be my next car

I think I've earned the right to comment on electric cars in here lol 😉! But I understand what your getting at. Yes, some people just are so anti-EV its downright comical. Good friend of mine. Sold him a Mustang GT many years ago (S197) and he is 100% one lane. Mustang only. All other cars...junk. EVs....TOTAL JUNK!! I kid you not.

Like, nothing else exists, doesn't get excited for any other car, doesn't like sports/exotic cars. Thinks they are blah as he'll never own one. Downright sad. But man, did he get upset about the Mach-E. Holy smokes. And he'll go on a long rant on Tesla. Just crazy.

But yeah, I have my reasons for not liking it. Mainly quality and ho-hum styling. With more and more EVs coming in the circle, more choices are abound. 👍 Oh and I honestly can't stand Elon! Dude's an A-HOLE!

i guess for people that take that into consideration when making a purchase, that is relevant. I’ve never worked there, so I wouldn’t know. When I was offered a job there is the only time i considered his workplace culture. Do you not use Amazon either?

i had a friend just buy a car. They are so “anti elon” that they bought a CHEVY BOLT. Lol

And for the record, yes. I would say that the claim that elon “hates all of his employees” is misinformation. But carry on

Well, he sent employees of Twitter midnight emails insisting on "long hours at high intensity" and asked that only the "hard core" should be working there. Dude installed beds and made it a makeshift hotel (which is against zoning from what I read). And I'm sure this isn't some singular incident. Can't imagine the crap that went down (and still does) at Tesla. Dude has no life and expects his employees to be like him. Yeah FOH. He's never heard of work/life balance. Dude doesn't even spend time with all his kids I'm sure. But hey, that's me. No offense, but there was ZERO way I was ever sleeping at my work and not going home. That's a bunch of BS.

I haven’t been more disappointed in a coal bro than I am of you. What happened bro? We were all sad that Sleppy Joseph runs NT but we never criticize EeeeeeLAWNNN. He bought woke boi Twitter and turned it into what our founding member Ninja always wanted it to be. He is a politician and I for a fact voted for him at least 5 times in 2022. We’ve been hoodwinked, bamboozled, lead astray, run amok and flat out deceived by Meth and Rusty. MAGA LUTHER KING JUNIOR SAID, “We left a marine, hell naw”
i want to give u a hug :lol: <3

i want to give u a hug :lol: <3
Really appreciate it fam.

9EF7D122-F37C-4713-9240-8D2E2AFEA4EF.gif

I think I've earned the right to comment on electric cars in here lol 😉! But I understand what your getting at. Yes, some people just are so anti-EV its downright comical. Good friend of mine. Sold him a Mustang GT many years ago (S197) and he is 100% one lane. Mustang only. All other cars...junk. EVs....TOTAL JUNK!! I kid you not.

Like, nothing else exists, doesn't get excited for any other car, doesn't like sports/exotic cars. Thinks they are blah as he'll never own one. Downright sad. But man, did he get upset about the Mach-E. Holy smokes. And he'll go on a long rant on Tesla. Just crazy.

But yeah, I have my reasons for not liking it. Mainly quality and ho-hum styling. With more and more EVs coming in the circle, more choices are abound. 👍 Oh and I honestly can't stand Elon! Dude's an A-HOLE!
And on the other hand, I despise Mustangs. I’m sure he and I would have a great talk lol. But this plays into my original point - when you post your Mustang for example, I don’t say anything, and may even like the post. People are just weirdos

I can’t defend Elon as a person. I’ve had a dislike for him ever since I was up like $80k on options and the next day he announced he was selling shares

If you ever wanna drive one let me know, we are close enough!

I just don't get the whole "self-driving" excitement. I have absolutely ZERO interest in that! Obviously some do, but not me. I buy cars TO DRIVE!! Because, I like to drive! 👍
My use case is I drive a lot. I have a coworker that has about a 1.5 - 2 hour commute into work. Originally he was driving in exhausted, however since getting the Tesla he downloads the latest shows and watches them on his commute in.
Elon is a douche who treats his employees like trash. I don’t need to do a deep dive to tell me that.

Or is that “misinformation”
Yea I have an Amazon account to watch the grand tour and Clarksons farm. Can’t tell you the last time I ordered anything off there.

We all got priorities. I try to buy labor friendly when I can whether it’s a car, clothes or the grocery store I shop at or whatever. I even cop gas from the stations that use union refineries. :lol:

That’s my reason for never owning anything from him and never will.

I’m not saying it’s a trash car because it isn’t. It’s just not someone I’m giving my money to.
You do know Clarkson isn't so squeaky clean himself yet you watching his farm. Certainly liked Top Gear in the past but stopped watching after all his incidents. A slip of the tonge only happens a couple times, he appears to be an old British guy saying and doing whatever he wants. Article links to many of his inappropriate actions.

The ‘N-word’ row (May 2014)​

In a Top Gear outtake, Clarkson recited the beginning of the children’s nursery rhyme “eeny, meeny, miny, moe” before apparently mumbling: “Catch a ******* by his toe.” He later wrote in the Sun: “I’ve been told by the BBC that if I make one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time, I will be sacked.”

The only point I was making re Ford and other legacy automakers is that most of them had problematic founders in various forms. And it isn’t just automotive-Microsoft was just cleaned up after Balmer/Gates; Jobs was majorly abusive to employees (fired by his own board). Hell Activisions accusations make office beds seem downright appealing for some. And not to chirp on Ford, but the CEO is more of a revolving door than the executive chairman guess what his last name is and who has outlived multiple CEOs-and the hundreds of employees that are fast tracked to executive positions within the company. Not the same.

Some of them have, ah, interesting viewpoints privately. But moving on:

Historically-these things didn’t seem to matter if you ask the average consumer about those brands. Yes Elon is problematic-but par for the course citing historical examples but is in the upper tier in company performance relative to his peers. Sleep on the floor, get treated like ****, make it to IPO, have an opportunity to create a foundation of generational wealth.

Or go to an established company, work in a different kind of toxic environment, and stay on a treadmill of 2-5% pay raises and more subtle forms of racism/non tolerance for LGBTQ etc. To each their own, but I’m not seeing much of a difference other than media programming, and someone who’s free financially and has a twitter account.

To use those bias to focus on hone in on two or three product issues while ignoring any advantages is curious but historically common. Executives and fans of domestic automakers scoffed at Toyota and Honda during the early 80s when whiffs of anti Japanese bias were still tangible in mainstream America society.

Now Toyota is one of the worlds largest automotive companies and has stolen market share from those companies.

Like investing; history may not rhyme but there is reference and reason. Ignore it/apply bias to it of course, but there is precedent outside of that POV.

Never forget his segregated factories either with slurs labeling the stations and I’m not talking “straight white male” and “Karen” slurs.

Fam!

Sold my TSLA stock & refused to buy one as long as Musk is around as soon as that story broke.

His response told me everything I needed to know. His handling of Twitter only reinforced what I already knew.

Fools worshipping this goofball like he built the first Tesla in a garage with his bare hands like Tony Stark in a desert cave or something :lol: :smh:

Sounds like a man who has a great opinion on cars. MUSTANG OR NOTHING.

(Except for Lexus, I love myself a nice IS)

And on the other hand, I despise Mustangs. I’m sure he and I would have a great talk lol. But this plays into my original point - when you post your Mustang for example, I don’t say anything, and may even like the post. People are just weirdos

I can’t defend Elon as a person. I’ve had a dislike for him ever since I was up like $80k on options and the next day he announced he was selling shares

If you ever wanna drive one let me know, we are close enough!

I'd buy popcorn to see you two discuss each other's cars 😂😂 Would be eventful. And I feel you. I don't post replies on everything. But if it's cool, I'll definitely like the reply.

And thanks for the offer, much appreciated. I got to drive a lot of different things all the years selling cars. Drove several Model S cars. Just drove a Mach E GT at a Christmas Party back in January. Friend who owns some SERIOUS cars (Paint to sample 2020 Ford GT and a real Shelby Cobra). He told me to just stomp on it from a standstill. **** really moves, I'll say that. Shame they have had issues.

Sounds like a man who has a great opinion on cars. MUSTANG OR NOTHING.

(Except for Lexus, I love myself a nice IS)

Seriously, lol. I'm not kidding. He asked a while ago, how I've been (he knew I left work but didn't know how bad my health was), and I told him what was going on. Asked if I still had my car. Said yes, and mentioned my wife got a new car (he knew she had a Mustang GT in the past). Showed him a pic of the Lotus (in the garage next to the G) and he was like, "meh, they don't do anything for me". I asked why? Because he'll never be able to afford one 🙄 Such a crappy response. Almost a copout. So you hate special cars because you can't afford them? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

My ultimate dream car is a 2005-2006 Ford GT. I'll never afford one now (worth half a million on average) but I'll always LOVE looking at one, seeing one, hearing them in person. I freak out when someone brings one out (because you don't see them much anymore). Same with a Countach. $600K. But I still go gaga over it because they are RARE. He still was dying on that hill.

Even the Lotus, which is about $100K today for an Evora GT (and my affordable dream car). Totally affordable depending on the individual's situation. Same reply. "That's too much". Yet, he'll go crazy for a new GT500, which is minimum $85K for a base and over $100K for a CFTP model. $100K......FOR.A.MUSTANG!! 🤦🏻‍♂️ I like Mustangs, but for $100K, I ain't buying a Mustang, I'll tell you that (I'm buying the Lotus).

Anybody know how wheel offset affects wear and tear? Gonna throw some bigger tires and new rims on my truck just stuck on what offset. Would be nice to have a little poke (pause) but I plan on keeping my truck forever so I’m torn

Probably gonna tear though ball joints at the minimum if you go too wide.

I’m not 100% sure but just thinking of the suspension it will probably put more strain on them.

Perhaps it’s the fact that I’ve experienced how these things are truly designed and made but I had to separate founders from the company.

When you set aside bias/preconceptions and note things like their models have a high number of USDM parts relative to their ‘domestic’ peers for example (and there is absolutely a need for an American manufacturing revival) technically speaking things become less clear on the whole ‘Should I hate this company?’ bias.

It’s weird watching the evolution full circle. Mass market EVs were a joke in 2018. Rather than benchmark and design a better mousetrap when the Model S was released, GM took it apart for the explicit reason to ‘prove’ to management that EVs weren’t going to be able to be built in mass, and released a huge internal memo outlining why. Whoops.

Then the Taycan was released. Huge deal and beautiful car, but the media made sure to drive home that multiple runs to 60mph was indicative of drivetrain quality. Fords Mach E GT can’t get to 100 mph faster than a base model-and limits power after 5 seconds and throttles back. In the EU market there are videos of diesel Skodas passing in on the autobahn. Can you honestly image if the public’s vía medias reaction would be as muted if that was a Model Y Performance?

No product is perfect, especially via the mass market space (under $160K). But the difference in treatment is super overt.

And speaking of segregation-Henry Ford did much more than create a town for black workers that still bears its gross in context name-he also helped create a school system that teaches the consumerism mindset that has kept certain sectors of this country where there supposed to be-at the bottom of the food chain to buy more products (Shoutout to John D Rockafeller lol). And tweets and erratic behavior are the issues here? Madness.

These people are all trash human beings, but historically that’s what it takes to be ‘great’ in the game of industrialism. I guess it’s no fun when Elon has the gun.

Last edited:
Perhaps it’s the fact that I’ve experienced how these things are truly designed and made but I had to separate founders from the company.

When you set aside bias/preconceptions and note things like their models have a high number of USDM parts relative to their ‘domestic’ peers for example (and there is absolutely a need for an American manufacturing revival) technically speaking things become less clear on the whole ‘Should I like this company?’ bias.

It’s weird watching the evolution full circle. Mass market EVs were a joke in 2018. Rather than benchmark and design a better mousetrap when the Model S was released, GM took it apart for the explicit reason to ‘prove’ to management that EVs weren’t going to be able to be built in mass, and released a huge internal memo outlining why. Whoops.

Then the Taycan was released. Huge deal and beautiful car, but the media made sure to drive home that multiple runs to 60mph was indicative of drivetrain quality. Fords Mach E GT can’t get to 100 mph faster than a base model-and limits power after 5 seconds throttles power back. In the EU market there are videos of diesel Skodas passing in on the autobahn. Can you honestly image if the public’s reaction would be as muted if that was a Model Y Performance?

No product is perfect, especially via the mass market space (under $160K). But the difference in treatment is super overt.

And speaking of segregation-Henry Ford did much more than create a town for black workers that still bears its gross in context name-he also helped create a school system that teaches the consumerism mindset that has kept certain sectors of this country where there supposed to be-at the bottom (Shoutout to John D Rockafeller lol). And tweets and erratic behavior are the issues here. Madness.

These people are all trash human beings, but historically that’s what it takes to be ‘great’ in the game of industrialism. I guess it’s no fun when Elon has the gun.
Well said. The hate for Elon is a convenient way to dismiss the company for many. Then, they turn a blind eye for companies/products they like.

I don’t really get into any of it when I’m making a car purchase. I buy what is best for me. If something better than Tesla comes along, I will be happy to buy that. Currently, their charging infrastructure makes them the sole EV I would consider buying. If they open that up to all EVs, it makes them all instantly more attractive.

Anybody know how wheel offset affects wear and tear? Gonna throw some bigger tires and new rims on my truck just stuck on what offset. Would be nice to have a little poke (pause) but I plan on keeping my truck forever so I’m torn

Wider wheels = more negative offset.

Bearings under stress if you go too hard.

What you're looking for could possibly be achieved with spacers depending on how much negative offset you want,

Use the calculator at this site...

Well said. The hate for Elon is a convenient way to dismiss the company for many. Then, they turn a blind eye for companies/products they like.

I don’t really get into any of it when I’m making a car purchase. I buy what is best for me. If something better than Tesla comes along, I will be happy to buy that. Currently, their charging infrastructure makes them the sole EV I would consider buying. If they open that up to all EVs, it makes them all instantly more attractive.
The infrastructure is huge-but for an everyday roundabout, the software advantage is huge.

When our Z06 gets in, my partner is selling her Polestar 2 and we will mod a M3P for track days. The first gen Google software is good but the rest of car is extremely buggy for a commuter. Until 3rd generation software/hardware hits, there will be more of the same from most legacy lineups.

I also hope the lower priced EVs work with suppliers to get the thermal management issues worked out a lot of them are experiencing-both a Kia EV6 and Mach E GT suffered noticeably reduced performance after a few laps at a track day I attended. I hear GM has largely solved this on its ‘performance’ EV set.

This talk about automakers reminded me on how much the VW Group design influence has spread among the industry.

GM was known as a hotbed of design talent. They would famously overpay for top design talent circa 1991-2000 from other firms under the guidance of Ed Welburn. Ed learned from his mentor-Wayne Cherry-and collected the some of the industries hottest names. But not until Bob Lutz became chairman was GM design truly empowered.

While participating in a design overview for Pontiac, Lutz was struck by key sketches:

Pontiac-Solstice_Concept-2002-1600-15.jpg
Pontiac-Solstice_Concept-2002-1600-13.jpg
Solstice-Sky_D-2002-SOLSTICE-b2bfront2.jpg

Penned by a young designer named Franz von Holzhausen, who previously worked under J Mays at VW (Microbus Concept among other things) the car was brought to production after public reaction. The coupe was elegant, but impossible to ingress.

Pontiac-Solstice_Concept-2002-1600-01.jpg
Pontiac-Solstice_Concept-2002-1600-07.jpg

Holzhausen would go on to work for Mazda-and helped create the Kabura and Furai. The Kabura has overtones of VW era group surfacing plus GM 'stance' (large wheels, shorter overhangs).

tumblr_0716c10828c6610c24baf1187de2d9e6_6c95edb0_1280.jpg
mazda-kabura-2006.jpg
mazda-kabura-side-0-409188.jpg

a6e1a8fdd785ee79e44e88be694d7f8f.jpg

Unfortunately for Mazda, Franz von Holzhausen would be poached by an automotive startup named Tesla. Mazda would awkwardly try to solider on with this design direction until it was canned and Mazda would tap another growing group of former GM designers to usher in a new direction that is still being used today.

Last edited:
a6e1a8fdd785ee79e44e88be694d7f8f.jpg

Unfortunately for Mazda, Franz von Holzhausen would be poached by an automotive startup named Tesla. Mazda would awkwardly try to solider on with this design direction until it was canned and Mazda would tap another growing group of former GM designers to usher in a new direction that is still being used today.
Problem with Mazda is they refuse to go back to what worked for them. They insist in only making family cars and "unique" looking SUVs. I have never seen a recent Mazda and thought I need to have that. I looked at there lineup they essentially only make three different vehicles.

The only point I was making re Ford and other legacy automakers is that most of them had problematic founders in various forms. And it isn’t just automotive-Microsoft was just cleaned up after Balmer/Gates; Jobs was majorly abusive to employees (fired by his own board). Hell Activisions accusations make office beds seem downright appealing for some. And not to chirp on Ford, but the CEO is more of a revolving door than the executive chairman guess what his last name is and who has outlived multiple CEOs-and the hundreds of employees that are fast tracked to executive positions within the company. Not the same.

Some of them have, ah, interesting viewpoints privately. But moving on:

Historically-these things didn’t seem to matter if you ask the average consumer about those brands. Yes Elon is problematic-but par for the course citing historical examples but is in the upper tier in company performance relative to his peers. Sleep on the floor, get treated like ****, make it to IPO, have an opportunity to create a foundation of generational wealth.

Or go to an established company, work in a different kind of toxic environment, and stay on a treadmill of 2-5% pay raises and more subtle forms of racism/non tolerance for LGBTQ etc. To each their own, but I’m not seeing much of a difference other than media programming, and someone who’s free financially and has a twitter account.

To use those bias to focus on hone in on two or three product issues while ignoring any advantages is curious but historically common. Executives and fans of domestic automakers scoffed at Toyota and Honda during the early 80s when whiffs of anti Japanese bias were still tangible in mainstream America society.

Now Toyota is one of the worlds largest automotive companies and has stolen market share from those companies.

Like investing; history may not rhyme but there is reference and reason. Ignore it/apply bias to it of course, but there is precedent outside of that POV.
All virtue signaling, everyday people champion products founded and owned by some of the most immoral and questionable people and suddenly Tesla is where they draw the law line because it’s trendy

When you set aside bias/preconceptions and note things like their models have a high number of USDM parts relative to their ‘domestic’ peers for example (and there is absolutely a need for an American manufacturing revival) technically speaking things become less clear on the whole ‘Should I hate this company?’ bias.

Then the Taycan was released. Huge deal and beautiful car, but the media made sure to drive home that multiple runs to 60mph was indicative of drivetrain quality. Fords Mach E GT can’t get to 100 mph faster than a base model-and limits power after 5 seconds and throttles back. In the EU market there are videos of diesel Skodas passing in on the autobahn. Can you honestly image if the public’s vía medias reaction would be as muted if that was a Model Y Performance?

And speaking of segregation-Henry Ford did much more than create a town for black workers that still bears its gross in context name-he also helped create a school system that teaches the consumerism mindset that has kept certain sectors of this country where there supposed to be-at the bottom of the food chain to buy more products (Shoutout to John D Rockafeller lol). And tweets and erratic behavior are the issues here? Madness.

:lol: if someone is a jerk and an ahole i think its our right as americans to say eff em even if the people before them were the same way

and defending that behaviour in the name of industrialism is funny to ya boy :lol:

:lol: if someone is a jerk and an ahole i think its our right as americans to say eff em even if the people before them were the same way

and defending that behaviour in the name of industrialism is funny to ya boy :lol:
Can you point out the exact sentence in which I ‘defended’ anything? I’m really curious.

Back
Top Bottom