\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Looking to buy a 2006+ Ford Mustang, so has anyone owned one? I would like to know how they drive. I always wanted a coupe as my first car, and I felt like a mustang is a good buy for a first car.

Funny how people @#$% on American cars when these supposed "high class" cars are pieces of @#$@. My mom's 2011 E-Class is a joke :lol:

Yep. With the average age demographic of NTers, I'm just trying to help them out by putting the info out there so they don't buy an unreliable benz as their first car.

To the guy asking about the Mustangs, they are good cars. Reliable, cheap to maintain. I had a 2000 V6 a long time ago and haven't owned a 2006+ though. Since the quality is said to have improved since the 2000 that I owned, I'm going off of that.

Last edited:
My buddy has a 03 CLK55 AMG with i believe 90k miles on it. in the 2 years hes owned it he has done nothing but dump money into maintenance and repairs.  fuel pump has failed, heated seats dont work, power seats failed, cruise contol doesnt work, starter went out, high beams stopped working. i dont even know the rest, but i know its spent at least 5 months of the last 2 years broken down

oh...so your friend has an 11 year old car that likely wasn't maintained by the owner(s) before him so obviously foreign luxury cars are never a good purchase.

Funny how people @#$% on American cars when these supposed "high class" cars are pieces of @#$@. My mom's 2011 E-Class is a joke
laugh.gif
here's a little known fact:

benz merged with Chrysler because it was up to its eyeballs in debt and da merge cleaned Daimler's books.

you're asking for trouble copping a german luxury whip...all da old ones i see i one da streets stay with da check engine light on.

lease em, dont keep em.

My buddy has a 03 CLK55 AMG with i believe 90k miles on it. in the 2 years hes owned it he has done nothing but dump money into maintenance and repairs.  fuel pump has failed, heated seats dont work, power seats failed, cruise contol doesnt work, starter went out, high beams stopped working. i dont even know the rest, but i know its spent at least 5 months of the last 2 years broken down

oh...so your friend has an 11 year old car that likely wasn't maintained by the owner(s) before him so obviously foreign luxury cars are never a good purchase.

Umm, how do you maintain power/heated seats, cruise control, high beams, and the starter? Each of those most likely being $1000 repairs.

Last edited:
Umm, how do you maintain power/heated seats, cruise control, high beams, and the starter? Each of those most likely being $1000 repairs.

Umm, car could have been in an accident for all you know brah. could have had major front end damage which messed up every single one of those systems.

in that case: cheap repair job=lack of maintenance.

Last edited:

Maintenance has nothing to do with most of those repairs.

Umm, car could have been in an accident for all you know brah. could have had major front end damage which messed up every single one of those systems.

in that case: cheap repair job=lack of maintenance.

Your reaching...

exactly, dude got way defensive when i wasn't even talking bad on Mercedes, just sharing my friends experience.

i like Benzes a lot actually. love the supercharged E55 AMGs and the new C63 AMG like pugs. i just could never buy a Benz knowing A) what the repair and maintenence costs are like, and B) how badly the value drops on practically a daily basis.  im not down for losing tens of thousands of dollars on driving a car for a couple years

Last edited:
Like I said my moms 2011 E Class already had a bunch of those problems. It has less than 5K miles on it (she only drives it to her school/grocery shopping, both of which are 5 minutes away). Meanwhile my 03 Honda Accord needs absolutely nothing other than the standard oil change and a battery replacement once in a while, and I've abused it ever since I got it :lol:

Last edited:
you're asking for trouble copping a german luxury whip...all da old ones i see i one da streets stay with da check engine light on.

That's because all your homies are copping these whips with 200k on the odometer off a corner lot.

Cars are junk when you treat them like junk and for every person *****ing about their lemon E-Class, you'll have 10 people raving about theirs.
:lol:

This. Some of these dude's should do a little more homework before throwing-out the typical "reliability" card as if it's an unbeknownst epidemic or plague. I'm not sure if they were bred to look at luxury items as negative due to their financial situation(s) and/or a mix of bitterness. Regardless, it's not difficult to look-up a brief synopsis of domestic brands & their reliability from 7-years ago too...

Funny how people @#$% on American cars when these supposed "high class" cars are pieces of @#$@. My mom's 2011 E-Class is a joke :lol:

Yep. With the average age demographic of NTers, I'm just trying to help them out by putting the info out there so they don't buy an unreliable benz as their first car.

To the guy asking about the Mustangs, they are good cars. Reliable, cheap to maintain. I had a 2000 V6 a long time ago and haven't owned a 2006+ though. Since the quality is said to have improved since the 2000 that I owned, I'm going off of that.
You do realize Mercedes-Benz ranked #3 in most reliable engines for 2013 falling under Honda & Toyota, yes? I believe the failure rate was 1-in-120 where Ford was 1-in-80...

I'd tell you how I really feel as to the reasoning why you are bashing luxury brands, but you probably wouldn't like it...

Yea, you're gonna call us broke/peasants right? Still doesn't change the fact that the cars people pay top dollar for are full of irritating issues.

Personally, I can live with a sub-30K car that runs into problems once in a while. But why should a car that costs 50K plus have all these problems?

Last edited:
Like I said my moms 2011 E Class already had a bunch of those problems. It has less than 5K miles on it (she only drives it to her school/grocery shopping, both of which are 5 minutes away). Meanwhile my 03 Honda Accord needs absolutely nothing other than the standard oil change and a battery replacement once in a while, and I've abused it ever since I got it :lol:
Is this when I search for an isolated problem/incident on an '03 Accord then generalize Honda as a brand deeming it as unreliable too?

You do realize Mercedes-Benz ranked #3 in most reliable engines for 2013 falling under Honda & Toyota, yes? I believe the failure rate was 1-in-120 where Ford was 1-in-80...

Mercedes do have very strong/reliable motors, especially the AMG models.  it seems to be everything else on the car that falls apart.

Yea, you're gonna call us broke/peasants right? Still doesn't change the fact that the cars people pay top dollar for are full of irritating issues.

Personally, I can live with a sub-30K car that runs into problems once in a while. But why should a car that costs 50K plus have all these problems?
I know plenty of well-off people that don't purchase luxury brands & that's based more so on personal preference. I'm not saying everyone should strive for German/European/etc. automobiles, but the ratio of those deciding via personal preference with the actual option to comfortably purchase a luxury vehicle TO that of someone who simply is bias is rather profound...

Is this when I search for an isolated problem/incident on an '03 Accord then generalize Honda as a brand deeming it as unreliable too?

How is it isolated when MANY luxury car owners have the same complaints? Not just Benzes? BMWs are notorious for electrical issues

I'm not saying that these cars will end your life. But I'd be annoyed if I bought a 50K+ car and I had to keep getting ripped off for nonsense repairs every few months. I don't have any bias; I lived with my parents for a bit after college and drove their 5 Series and E Class pretty frequently. I have no reason to hate on anything

Last edited:

How is it isolated when MANY luxury car owners have the same complaints? Not just Benzes? BMWs are notorious for electrical issues

I'm not saying that these cars will end your life. But I'd be annoyed if I bought a 50K+ car and I had to keep getting ripped off for nonsense repairs every few months. I don't have any bias; I lived with my parents for a bit after college and drove their 5 Series and E Class pretty frequently. I have no reason to hate on anything

A BMW in the garage while you're sleeping might actually end you life though....

http://bmwproblems.wordpress.com/

BOCA RATON — A Boca Raton man has been displaced from his home after his car caught on fire, which then caught his garage on fire, according to firefighters.

The BMW in the garage of a home in the 6100 block of North Dixie Highway caught on fire around 9 a.m. and the flames spread from the car to the garage, according to a Boca Raton Fire-Rescue Department report. The owner, who was not identified, was home at the time but was not in the car and was not injured.

The home sustained about $200,000 worth of damage, and the car was severely burned before firefighters put out the blaze. The home was rendered uninhabitable.

The cause has not been determined, and the fire is being investigated by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.

These electrical fires are extremely common in comparison to other brands and to rub salt in a sore wound BMW fights tooth and nail when it comes to lawsuits and payouts.

Last edited:

A BMW in the garage while you're sleeping might actually end you life though....

BOCA RATON — A Boca Raton man has been displaced from his home after his car caught on fire, which then caught his garage on fire, according to firefighters.

The BMW in the garage of a home in the 6100 block of North Dixie Highway caught on fire around 9 a.m. and the flames spread from the car to the garage, according to a Boca Raton Fire-Rescue Department report. The owner, who was not identified, was home at the time but was not in the car and was not injured.

The home sustained about $200,000 worth of damage, and the car was severely burned before firefighters put out the blaze. The home was rendered uninhabitable.

The cause has not been determined, and the fire is being investigated by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.

These electrical fires are extremely common in comparison to other brands and to rub salt in a sore wound BMW fights tooth and nail when it comes to lawsuits and payouts.
I'm not stating BMW is the top-tier automaker, but you guys are severely uninformed. A blog dedicated to specific incidents is of no use to me. This year alone, Dodge had to recall close to 5K Challengers for electrical issues that could potentially cause a fire. Ford had to recall 89K Fusion/Escape models with the reason being noted as "Engine Fires". In 2010, GM had to recall 1.5 million vehicles due to "Engine Fire" concerns...

If you want to get technical, Ford leads the nation in lawsuits/settlements. Ford also leads in most deaths/injuries/accidents as well. From a broader perspective, GM is not far behind...

05 Chevy Aveo

It has treated me well in the 3 years I have been driving it. Looking for new cars at the moment though. Probably a Civic, Integra or Prelude

I'm not stating BMW is the top-tier automaker, but you guys are severely uninformed. A blog dedicated to specific incidents is of no use to me. This year alone, Dodge had to recall close to 5K Challengers for electrical issues that could potentially cause a fire. Ford had to recall 89K Fusion/Escape models with the reason being noted as "Engine Fires". In 2010, GM had to recall 1.5 million vehicles due to "Engine Fire" concerns...

If you want to get technical, Ford leads the nation in lawsuits/settlements. Ford also leads in most deaths/injuries/accidents as well. From a broader perspective, GM is not far behind...

Yeah... but GM and Ford actually address the problem, fix it at their cost and settle financially with family's that were victims of their faulty designs/craftsmanship. BMW not so much >D

When GM had major issues with their S/C 3800 cars catching fire they recalled them all, fixed them at their expense and compensated anyone who's car actually caught fire.

Last edited:
I kind of want to cop a Chevy or Ford, the space inside when I rent cars is amazing. I'm just scared to leave ol reliable Toyota

I kind of want to cop a Chevy or Ford, the space inside when I rent cars is amazing. I'm just scared to leave ol reliable Toyota

Ford makes some nice stuff. I don't know what size car you're in, but I'd take Ford over Chevy/Toyota in pretty much every model category. Only interesting Toyota is the FR-S. The guy at the Scion dealer tried to talk me into the tC when I decided the FR-S was too small, I laughed and said no thanks.

Yeah... but GM and Ford actually address the problem, fix it at their cost and settle financially with family's that were victims of their faulty designs/craftsmanship. BMW not so much >D

When GM had major issues with their S/C 3800 cars catching fire they recalled them all, fixed them at their expense and compensated anyone who's car actually caught fire.
The NHTSA doesn't take recalls lightly. You're basically portraying a multibillion-dollar manufacturer that provides top-notch service (after the fact), but disperses consistent problematic products. Makes sense...:x

I'm not sure if you're trying to insinuate that BMW brushes these apparent & rampant "problems" (that you're proclaiming) to the side in hopes that they go unnoticed. Let's not be naive here, dankenstein. You're better than that...

In all honesty, I think the biggest lawsuit BMW has right now is outside of their product line. GM/Ford/etc. not so much >D

Back
Top Bottom