\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

This guy...

BMW has a history of trying to sweep their problems under the rug.

NHTSA said BMW failed on multiple occasions to promptly report problems in certain motorcycle and vehicle models that led to recalls initiated by the company.

In documents released by NHTSA, investigators noted a "troubling trend" regarding BMW disclosure. They said the company provided little information initially about recalls and then dragged its feet when asked to follow up.

Missing or incomplete information sought by U.S. regulators included plans by the company for addressing defects and details about the number of vehicles potentially affected.

Full article @ Reuters
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/10/usa-bmw-fine-idUSL2E8DAF4220120210
Looks like you're on that aimless Ninjahood Google Quest too...

To be clear, are you insinuating that BMW's "history" of concealing problems is more abundant than that of Ford, GM, etc.?

Please respond...

After hating on them for months and months, I've somehow fallen hopefully in love with the 991 :smh:

Yea, look down on me for paying off student loans. I have a high school mentality for being financially responsible instead of getting rid of my problem free Honda for a money pit luxury car :lol: What a joke ! Either you were born into privilege, or you forgot that you weren't always wealthy and now look down on people who were once in your shoes. Either way it's sad

Last edited:
Yea, look down on me for paying off student loans. I have a high school mentality for being financially responsible instead of getting rid of my problem free Honda for a money pit luxury car :lol: What a joke
I don't look down on people that want to better their lives. I look down on people with adherent bias on something they know very little about. Not my fault that I educated myself on a product that I either was genuinely interested in and/or was comparing. I'd rather appear as if I'm going deep (pause) into a subject than falsely ramble about it. Doesn't take much to verify something before spouting off incorrect knowledge...

You're not in an uncommon financial situation/position regarding student loans so I'm not expecting to you to keep up with the Jones'. I'm not even telling you that you have to buy a BMW, Mercedes-Benz, etc. if or when you are financially stable. I'm simply correcting false information. Albeit, my message/point came across as if I put myself on a pedestal so I do apologize for that...

Yea, look down on me for paying off student loans. I have a high school mentality for being financially responsible instead of getting rid of my problem free Honda for a money pit luxury car :lol: What a joke
I don't look down on people that want to better their lives. I look down on people with adherent bias on something they know very little about. Not my fault that I educated myself on a product that I either was genuinely interested in and/or was comparing. I'd rather appear as if I'm going deep (pause) into a subject than falsely ramble about it. Doesn't take much to verify something before spouting off incorrect knowledge...

You're not in an uncommon financial situation/position regarding student loans so I'm not expecting to you to keep up with the Jones'. I'm not even telling you that you have to buy a BMW, Mercedes-Benz, etc. if or when you are financially stable. I'm simply correcting false information. Albeit, my message/point came across as if I put myself on a pedestal so I do apologize for that...

You say your genuinely interested and informed while accusing others of knowing very little and having a bias yet you completely disregard your own bias (as an owner) and every side to the story except your own. Facts are facts and even the majority of people on the BMW forums can admit there are some serious design flaws in their cars and the way BMW handled the situation was less than admirable. Its the biases of extremely vocal owners like you who defend these brands tooth and nail that allow these company's to churn out disposable cars that can be potentially dangerous and just think they can sweep it under the rug.

Oh, and Ninjahood Google quest ?

Thats laughable coming from the same guy that constantly posts screenshots from JD power.

This is a pretty calm thread with mostly good vibes, but every-time you start to post in here and come across something you dont like; you turn it into a damn pissing contest resorting to insults and personal attacks. You say others are offended but your need to respond to every comment and demand retorts makes it blatantly obvious you are the most worked up over the issue of anyone in the thread. There is no need to get so defensive and go into one of your condescending, pseudo-elitist fits. Dont take it so personally when all we're talking about is cars. Telling people they're stuck in highschool mode, yet your behaving like a bitter little child yourself.

Im done here.

Last edited:

You say your genuinely interested and informed while accusing others of knowing very little and having a bias yet you completely disregard your own bias (as an owner) and every side to the story except your own. Facts are facts and even the majority of people on the BMW forums can admit there are some serious design flaws in their cars and the way BMW handled the situation was less than admirable. Its the biases of extremely vocal owners like you who defend these brands tooth and nail that allow these company's to churn out disposable cars that can be potentially dangerous and just think they can sweep it under the rug.

Thats laughable coming from the same guy that constantly posts screenshots from JD power.

This is a pretty calm thread with mostly good vibes, but every-time you start to post in here and come across something you dont like; you turn it into a damn pissing contest resorting to insults and personal attacks. You say others are offended but your need to respond to every comment and demand retorts makes it blatantly obvious you are the most worked up over the issue of anyone in the thread. There is no need to get so defensive and go into one of your condescending, pseudo-elitist fits. Dont take it so personally when all we're talking about is cars. Telling people they're stuck in highschool mode, yet your behaving like a bitter little child yourself.

Im done here.
Facts are facts yet you've only (for the most part) provided isolated incidents on a blog (Yes, a blog.). For such a conundrum, why aren't there more class-action lawsuits? Sad part is, you only brought-up an allegation. If it was deemed sufficient & within reason, that would have been an open & shut case. While you're on your Googling frenzy, look at where that case stands today. Any deaths with those HPFPs?

Don't get upset that you got caught straw-grabbing. I'd be reaching if I copied & pasted an article without covering all my bases too. So BMW got fined $3 milllion almost 2 years ago? Well Ford was fined $17.4 million 2-months ago. Would you like to know more?

I can post more data outside of J.D. Power that supports their claims if you'd like...

:rofl: [States that I respond to every comment yet is actually responding to all my comments. Contradiction isn't fiction.]

Im done here.
Facts are facts yet you've only (for the most part) provided isolated incidents on a blog (Yes, a blog.). For such a conundrum, why aren't there more class-action lawsuits? Sad part is, you only brought-up an allegation. If it was deemed sufficient & within reason, that would have been an open & shut case. While you're on your Googling frenzy, look at where that case stands today. Any deaths with those HPFPs?

Don't get upset that you got caught straw-grabbing. I'd be reaching if I copied & pasted an article without covering all my bases too. So BMW got fined $3 milllion almost 2 years ago? Well Ford was fined $17.4 million 2-months ago. Would you like to know more?

I can post more data outside of J.D. Power that supports their claims if you'd like...

:rofl: [States that I respond to every comment yet is actually responding to all my comments. Contradiction isn't fiction.]

Your'e the only one grasping for straws and making things up.

Reuters is not a blog. They are completely credible and a mainstream European media source.

Want a US scource ?

Here, 4 part ABC investigation into BMWs practices

For years, BMW did not have a fix and did not clearly warn their customers of the defect, claimed Silverman. "They don't want this story to come out. They can't fix the car for cost reasons or they haven't configured a good fuel pump," he said. "They're playing Russian roulette with the lives and safety of their customers, as well as people in the car and other drivers."

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/bmw-admits-fuel-pump-flaw-turbo-cars/story?id=11968495

Last edited:

Im done here.

Your'e the only one grasping for straws and making things up.

Reuters is not a blog. They are completely credible and a mainstream European media source.

Want a US scource ?

Here, 4 part ABC investigation into BMWs practices

For years, BMW did not have a fix and did not clearly warn their customers of the defect, claimed Silverman. "They don't want this story to come out. They can't fix the car for cost reasons or they haven't configured a good fuel pump," he said. "They're playing Russian roulette with the lives and safety of their customers, as well as people in the car and other drivers."

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/bmw-admits-fuel-pump-flaw-turbo-cars/story?id=11968495
Making things up? Please clarify what I stated as incorrect...

I'm not referring to Reuters. I'm referencing the actual WordPress blog about isolated incidents, my dude. Even then, I addressed your Reuters article. Do you want articles on Ford's payout/fine (including an actual death) or is your search bar no longer working after that frantic search-fest? Let's not act coy as if BMW is the major scheming aspect in all of this. Dude's getting his jimmies rustled for BMW being tardy while Ford's product literally killed someone. As I said, you're better than that...

So about being done here?:lol:
Looks like someone's a bit defensive despite trying to place that burden/moniker solely on me. I know what & why I'm typing. Do you?

Last edited:
Just picked this up last week & have already started with a few minor additions. After letting go of the E70, I realized that I still needed a larger vehicle so I started looking into a Wrangler, 4Runner, etc. Toyota stated a couple of months ago that 2014 would be the last year for the FJ Cruiser & knowing that this model covers such a small, niche market, I made a quick trip to my local dealer more so as an inquiry. After letting the salesman know that I would be willing to drive it off the lot that day provided the price was right, he quickly drew-up an offer & I left with it. As of now, I definitely prefer the Predator step/nerf bars over the OEM sliders. I'm still looking for a bull bar that isn't too ostentatious as well as a few aesthetic add-ons, but other than that, I'm completely content with the overall look. I just sold my rims from the F30 with the intent of ordering a new set, but I think I'll have fun with this one for awhile...

Here's a shot from earlier today after coming from my buddy's shop. I'm having a few interior pieces like the dashboard cluster redone so that the bezels over the temperature, compass & inclinometer gauges are body matched, but I might just buy brushed aluminum bezels if I don't like the finished product...

Nice.

What factors did you take into consideration when choosing this over the wrangler? I would love to own a Rubicon one day. But FJ Cruisers were always dope to me as well.
Thanks, man!

I ended-up choosing the FJ over the Wrangler for several reasons, but the major reason(s) were based purely on availability as well as the price my dealer gave me. Both models equally provide that utilitarian appeal that I want in a larger vehicle. However, it's much easier to attain a Wrangler as it's frame/body is a staple of Jeep. (Meaning, I could more or less purchase one without that many drastic changes from it's predecessors later down the road whereas the FJ would be discontinued after 2014.) It was just a culmination of knowing that if I wanted an FJ, now would be the time as I really couldn't see myself purchasing a used one that would have several miles/years/etc. of wear & tear. As I said before, FJs cover such a small, niche market that it would be slim-to-none to find one that was "babied". Even then & as dankenstein mentioned, they still hold their value. I just preferred to have an FJC on my own terms. Don't get me wrong, the Wrangler is still such a beautiful, all-around vehicle while actually being preferred over the FJ by the majority of consumers. Despite that, the circumstances directed me towards the FJ & I'm actually pleased that I had to make that decision rather quickly. I held-off on attaining one for so long that I truly feel that I would have regretted not purchasing one in their respective production year. The FJC pays homage to the FJ40 & the reason why I like Wranglers so much is due to the FJ40...

Ah ok, makes sense. Well enjoy it man. I love how those things look lifted :x :pimp:

405A8139.jpg

turbometal-fj-cruiser-ccfl-projector-headlights-4.jpg

Go get that thing dirty fam :pimp: :pimp:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

My second S.

:pimp:

After hating on them for months and months, I've somehow fallen hopefully in love with the 991 :smh:

How could anyone ever hate on the 911 :x :smh:
One of the most beautiful cars ever made. Welcome to the 911 lover club :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Ah ok, makes sense. Well enjoy it man. I love how those things look lifted :x :pimp:

405A8139.jpg

turbometal-fj-cruiser-ccfl-projector-headlights-4.jpg

Go get that thing dirty fam :pimp: :pimp:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
Haha! Looks like I'm adding fender flares to the list!

In regards to the Z28, I can easily see that seller reaching his asking price. You'll see more turned-over odometers reading 9.5K than actually coming across one with 9.5K original miles...

I am planning on purchasing a 2013 Ford fusion titanium hybrid next month, cash. I'm thinking either Veterans day or Thanksgiving weekend (Which is better?), what would be the best price/offer should I make if it's all cash?? Msrp:$31,895.

I am planning on purchasing a 2013 Ford fusion titanium hybrid next month, cash. I'm thinking either Veterans day or Thanksgiving weekend (Which is better?), what would be the best price/offer should I make if it's all cash?? Msrp:$31,895.

What a great looking car... I see 5-10 every day, and they still catch my eye.. if they would only put the V6 EcoBoost in it.... and if only I could afford it...

Back
Top Bottom