\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

IMO It depends more on the cop and less about your car.
Little of both.

Modded Evo tinted hard vs stock S550 tinted hard.

Lets see who gets tagged more. 
laugh.gif

i got 30% all around since im in LA i wanna go lower but didnt wanna get harassed :lol:

its kinda dark just not too dark

im surprised with my charger i didnt get ticketed. everyone and their mom assumed with the way my car looked and the tints that id get pulled over without a doubt but it never happened.

getting 20% on the 300 soon once it warms up

im surprised with my charger i didnt get ticketed. everyone and their mom assumed with the way my car looked and the tints that id get pulled over without a doubt but it never happened.

yo I'm curious how many carts do you have?

1 :lol:

got rid of the charger 2 months ago and picked up the 300S. same car basically

next will be the new challenger R/T or if all goes well SRT

So according to the law it says 70% of the light must be able to pass through. So what is that 35% max in the front? Anyone have their front windshield tinted?

1 :lol:

got rid of the charger 2 months ago and picked up the 300S. same car basically

next will be the new challenger R/T or if all goes well SRT
ahhhh ok yes go with the Srt I thought you were the guy here that had a vette

So according to the law it says 70% of the light must be able to pass through. So what is that 35% max in the front? Anyone have their front windshield tinted?

If the law says that 70% light needs to be able to pass through than max tint in your state is 70%. Anything less than that is illegal. Most SUV's come standard with 20 -35% on the rear windows. Id say 15% is the lowest one could go before it starts to distort your sight at night. Limo tint is 5% i beleive.

Most people don't do front windshield. Believe it or not, it's very dangerous to tint your front windshield.

Last edited:
no 35% means only 35% light getting in. 5% is Limo tint.

they need to just let everyone tint them how they want as long as its not limo

my friend got pulled over 4 times in a year over his tint, my brother has 15% and hasnt gotten caught but hes a little girl and when a cop rolls by he lowers his windows down a little to let some light in so they dont look as dark

when a cop rolls by he lowers his windows down a little to let some light in so they dont look as dark
thats idiotic. if you roll them down "a little bit" it makes it so much more obvious that they are tinted and how dark they're tinted.  if you see a cop and you're worried, put them all the way up or all the way down.

they need to just let everyone tint them how they want as long as its not limo

my friend got pulled over 4 times in a year over his tint, my brother has 15% and hasnt gotten caught but hes a little girl and when a cop rolls by he lowers his windows down a little to let some light in so they dont look as dark

bruh when the cops roll by i turn into a senior citizen :lol:

when a cop rolls by he lowers his windows down a little to let some light in so they dont look as dark
thats idiotic. if you roll them down "a little bit" it makes it so much more obvious that they are tinted and how dark they're tinted.  if you see a cop and you're worried, put them all the way up or all the way down.

he does that as well, he did it in the middle of winter with the cop next to him. the cop rolled his window and stated yelling at him, what are you doing? hes like nothing, i cant have my windows down? hes like dont insult my intelligence. my brother just goes ok thanks buddy then the cop goes HEY, IM NOT YOUR BUDDY and just drove off.

No tints so the mother ******* know it's me 
smokin.gif

word to Rich Boy 

I used to have 10% on my first STI.

Last edited:

My Jeep. My money. My mods. The police can go eff off. :smile:

Two thumbs up to you sir!

no 35% means only 35% light getting in. 5% is Limo tint.

For some dumb reason I thought it would be cool to come up with my own reasoning as far as tint percentages go. Thanks for clearing that up.

My Jeep. My money. My mods. The police can go eff off. :smile:

I've been contemplating doing mine for the past few months. Almost set up an appointment a couple times, but figured I'd just wait til it got warm.

What percent are you at? Do you have any trouble seeing at all including at night?

Besides OBVIOUS undercover cop cars (which not all have their front window tinted) ive only seen one car in the Bronx with its front window tinted, and it was dark. Could very well have been a cops personal vehicle, B8 A4. Looked nice.

My boy is a cop and he has the previous gen A4, double 5% tint on the side, 35% windshield took off the front cause he coudnt see **** at night.

Last edited:
I've been contemplating doing mine for the past few months. Almost set up an appointment a couple times, but figured I'd just wait til it got warm.

What percent are you at? Do you have any trouble seeing at all including at night?

I got mine done back in 2010 when it was summer as well. Tint cured fast.

Im at 20 on the front sides and I asked for 50 but I think my tinter put on 35. lol

Not at all. And it cuts glare from brake lights, opposite traffic headlights, and the street lamps. Love this mod. One of my favorite mods that I have done.

Last edited:
Not at all. And it cuts glare from brake lights, opposite traffic headlights, and the street lamps. Love this mod. One of my favorite mods that I have done.
Cmon man, you know this doesnt really bother drivers. 
laugh.gif

I do hate when that one guy with the broke down mid 2000's SUV or old Civic have those SUPER bright headlights. This would help...
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom