\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Send me some NT luck guys. I found a 04 TL with 130k miles that was posted last night for $5900 because thats what he still owes on it. Starter is taking a **** but other than that no problems and it looks very clean. If i get it i can easily flip it for 9k.  Some old couple is driving it right now and if they don't buy it the car is mine.  Pray for me!!!

Send me some NT luck guys. I found a 04 TL with 130k miles that was posted last night for $5900 because thats what he still owes on it. Starter is taking a **** but other than that no problems and it looks very clean. If i get it i can easily flip it for 9k.  Some old couple is driving it right now and if they don't buy it the car is mine.  Pray for me!!!

I need a new Daily/beater. Its one thing after another with the POS and i refuse REFUSE to put another dime into it

That guy is better off parting out that monstrosity, or cutting his price in half :lol:

Good luck brother, you're on a bit of a roll right now :smokin

Thanks caddy. Im on my way right now. The old people said they have another car to look at but would probably be back so he said to hurry. ****kkkkkk

will only buy if car beats torrettos rx7
tumblr_mxkr4hxXz81t2vvrpo1_500.gif

Good luck brother, you're on a bit of a roll right now
smokin.gif
Got it 
pimp.gif

Has brand new 1 week old tires and brakes. Carpets are dirty as hell thanks to his wife driving the car hauling their kid around in it all the time. But god damn what a steal, and the guy was super cool. He's a body builder and has his own clothing line, gave me a sweater and gave my girl some workout pants. 

Oh and it has started perfect every time for me. he said the mechanic told him either the starter relay or starter is starting to go, but it hasn't messed up for me yet. And a starter is like $90 for this car

Flip it for $9k?

You can get that much profit off an 04 TL with that many miles?
Yea man, hopefully like 8500-9000. It's a clean title with clean carfax history

Clean title, 123k, $10800

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4732694850.html

this one is 7900 and it's salvaged

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4720505827.html

salvaged, 131k, $7500

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4733377714.html

Clean title, 148k, $9000

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4733282153.html

Salvaged, 137k, $8000

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4715235987.html

Last edited:
Congrats on the pickup and welcome to the Subaru family. Your pic reminded me that I need to tint my windows ASAP, car looks much cleaner with the tint. It looks like you have the limited trim. Any other mods beside the tint?

Much appreciated fam, nothing besides the tint yet. Looking to buy another house so that comes first.

Something I realized when selling my old car, LOTS of people trade-in when buying a new car, a convenience they pay $1000's for, rather than taking some time to sell private (in my case, I sold for $4500 over trade-in quote, around 60% more)

What if someone puts out a service that will buy someone's car (even go to their work/house) for an amount X% more than their quoted dealer trade-in?

The difference in trade-in and fair market value can be so large that the X% could be calculated to make it worthwhile to the carowner to sell to the service and then profitable for the service to resell on the market.

I know plenty do exactly this on the side, but is there an actual service out there that does this (doubt I'm the first to think this up)?

Last edited:
GLWS nelson999 nelson999 replacing that starter shouldn't be too hard.

Is there a maximum number of cars you can buy/sell privately a year before you're considered a "dealer" to the DMV which then you would need a license to sell cars?

Last edited:
Ahhh man I'm gonna get to post In this thread more often this time next year :lol:

When finish fixing most of my van this week I can start stacking for my impala or foxbody or c4 :lol: :pimp: :pimp:

Cue *birdman handrub action*

GLWS @Nelson999 replacing that starter shouldn't be too hard.

Is there a maximum number of cars you can buy/sell privately a year before you're considered a "dealer" to the DMV which then you would need a license to sell cars?
Thanks man. Car is super nice i don't even want to sell it honestly. 

Yea it's 10. And the ****** thing about getting a dealer license is that you have to have a "storefront". otherwise i would have one. Because you can make huge money off getting cars at the auctions

What if someone puts out a service that will buy someone's car (even go to their work/house) for an amount X% more than their quoted dealer trade-in?

People who get dealer quotes have already made up their mind to trade in. takes a few minutes to check CL/bluebook and see the private market value, so everyone generally knows they're getting ripped off by the $tealer

combination of laziness & convenience, mostly laziness....

when I sold my 94 camry I was contacted multiple times by a guy who offers a service like this, left like 3 voice mails... he offered to help sell my car, yeah right....I sold it for $1.2K the next day, no way i'm cutting anybody 10-15% of that :lol:

Last edited:

People who get dealer quotes have already made up their mind to trade in. takes a few minutes to check CL/bluebook and see the private market value, so everyone generally knows they're getting ripped off by the $tealer

combination of laziness & convenience, mostly laziness....
Yes while this is all true and that's why people take the loss on trading a car in, a service like this guy is talking about would eliminate the hassle/time of selling a car private party.  I think it's a fantastic idea

Thanks man. Car is super nice i don't even want to sell it honestly. 

Yea it's 10. And the ****** thing about getting a dealer license is that you have to have a "storefront". otherwise i would have one. Because you can make huge money off getting cars at the auctions

Yea that is messed up. I know a guy who owns a body shop and he's consistently buying/selling cars he gets from the auction house. Don't know the specifics about if he has a dealers license or not but he makes pretty good money for some of the cars he gets.

My parent's bought a 2008 Altima from him for 12.5 and it had only about 12k miles on it but it was a salvage title because the front bumper was hit. No frame damage at all.

Back
Top Bottom