\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

:x This is a street-driven, FULL INTERIOR, ZERO weight reduction, stock 6-speed trans 2015 STI equipped with the AMS Subaru STI/WRX 950R Turbo Kit, AMS Subaru STI/WRX Front Mount Intercooler and tuned by Junior Barrios (JR Tuned)!

They are battling with the shop CT for the fastest 15 Sti and its a healthy rivalry for drag racing to me

JR set the record like 3 days after this

:x This is a street-driven, FULL INTERIOR, ZERO weight reduction, stock 6-speed trans 2015 STI equipped with the AMS Subaru STI/WRX 950R Turbo Kit, AMS Subaru STI/WRX Front Mount Intercooler and tuned by Junior Barrios (JR Tuned)!

They are battling with the shop CT for the fastest 15 Sti and its a healthy rivalry for drag racing to me

JR set the record like 3 days after this

Wait, this is also from a 15' STI?

How much power was it putting down?

Looks like 681

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2015-me...c-2015-subaru-sti-shop-ct-runs-9-9-142-a.html

idk whats with this fad on STI and EVOS..... Im not seeing them often. I still have my GS sitting in the garage. In the works of picking up a fsport for the misses as our new car soon however I have also been interested in purchasing a bike, Nothing crazy. Just a commuter to and from work. like a cbr600 or a 250. Not sure yet. A buddy of mine has a 2013 Honda cbr250 for 2500 with 8500 miles never dropped. I don't know if that's worth pulling the trigger on.

idk whats with this fad on STI and EVOS..... Im not seeing them often. I still have my GS sitting in the garage. In the works of picking up a fsport for the misses as our new car soon however I have also been interested in purchasing a bike, Nothing crazy. Just a commuter to and from work. like a cbr600 or a 250. Not sure yet. A buddy of mine has a 2013 Honda cbr250 for 2500 with 8500 miles never dropped. I don't know if that's worth pulling the trigger on.

Fad? You just climb from under a rock? :lol:

- Former '08 Evo owner

I see more evos than stis

Evo8 still the best out of the Evo line and between the two

But american at the end of the day :smile:

I'm thinking of wrapping my hood in carbon fiber vinyl, since it's in primer and needs paint. It doesn't really make sense to paint it now, since we're heading into the winter and it doesn't make sense to rock fresh paint through the winter and possibly **** it up.

Thoughts NT? Will it look good on the Sierra (for a couple months) or just leave it as is, and paint it in the spring?

What's a good brand everyone is using? Where's puglife at? :lol:

The only problem with buying STIs and Evos and other cars in the same category is that kids mod and beat them to death, so finding a good used one is sometimes difficult.

Ill never understand these guys drop 10k into a motor build then put XXRs on it
eyes.gif

Always wondered about cars like that.

Do they belong to someone and are rented?

Are they made specifically for the movie and then "disappear" ?

Is that a show car? Can you insurance that and use it as a DD?
Most of the time the movie producers and team commission shops or people to build the cars. They'd then be owned by the movie. As for what happens after, I'm sure every movie team does that differently. It should be fine to DD, as I assume they started with a clean title Integra, and went from there.

Anyone else think it's crazy that it's already at 35g's and there's still 4 days left?! I mean it's clean and all, but you could build a nicer, faster one for cheaper. Being connected to the movie must add a lot of value, I guess it is a popular franchise, but it isn't the car Paul Walker drove, who was the star of the movie, not Ja ******* Rule :lol:

Last edited:
Always wondered about cars like that.

Do they belong to someone and are rented?

Are they made specifically for the movie and then "disappear" ?

Is that a show car? Can you insurance that and use it as a DD?

Depends.

Some movies cars are rented. Some are bought. Some are built specifically for the movie.

The rented ones are either rented from personal owners or companies that specialize in renting out and selling movie cars.

Sometimes a car that is rented initially ends up being bought at a later date. IIRC Jesse Pinkmans Monte Carlo was owned by the same guy who owned the other drug dealers Yellow Regal lowrider. They ended up buying the Monte Carlo off the guy at a later date because it was being used alot, but didnt need to buy the Regal because it was only used for 1 or 2 episodes. The Skyline and Supra in the first F&F were personal cars rented by the studio from their on set vehicle adviser.

Most of the cars in F&F were built specifically for the movie. Lots of the cars were actually kit/clone cars ie Pauls Skyline stuntcar was actually rear engined VW powered kit car. The Orange M5s were sbc 350 powered 528s with a bodykit. Chevy 350s are extremely common in movie cars because theyre very durable and inexpensive. Even The Dukes of Hazard's General Lee was a sbc350, not a Hemi or 440.

Most cars built for a movie are owned by the studio and usually sold/auctioned off afterwards. Sometimes special cars are kept or bought people involved with the movie. Some cars are kept by the studio and re-used in different productions, IIRC Skylers Jeep in Breaking Bad was a background car used in a bunch of other movies that they just happened to have on set and Vince likes it and decided to use it as her daily.

nelson999 nelson999 finnns2003 finnns2003
maybe I should have been more clear... the fad out in the east coast and midwest along with on this thread. climbed under a rock? no but it's true. frs/brz takeover has happen out here. rarely do I ever see evos or stis on the road anymore.
-former 09 mr owner and still current socalevo forum poster since we're throwing identification around. lol

Last edited:
I'm thinking of wrapping my hood in carbon fiber vinyl, since it's in primer and needs paint. It doesn't really make sense to paint it now, since we're heading into the winter and it doesn't make sense to rock fresh paint through the winter and possibly **** it up.

Thoughts NT? Will it look good on the Sierra (for a couple months) or just leave it as is, and paint it in the spring?

What's a good brand everyone is using? Where's puglife at? :lol:

:smile:

there's only one carbon fiber vinyl that i liked the look of. it's made by vvivid. closest thing to actually looking like carbon fiber, because it's got a glossy finish. most other carbon fiber vinyls don't have the glossy finish and therefore don't look as good.

here's a link to it so you can check it out yourself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VViViD8-Glo...car-/161302666237?hash=item258e635bfd&vxp=mtr

i personally never was a fan of carbon fiber hoods or other large body panels (except roofs), but if you like the look, then go for it. actually, if i had a black car, i would have probably gotten a carbon fiber hood, because that's the one color i think it can work with since it's not as blatant and flashy. that's just my opinion though and most people actually probably disagree with me so i hope that doesn't deter you.

:smile:

there's only one carbon fiber vinyl that i liked the look of. it's made by vvivid. closest thing to actually looking like carbon fiber, because it's got a glossy finish. most other carbon fiber vinyls don't have the glossy finish and therefore don't look as good.

here's a link to it so you can check it out yourself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VViViD8-Glo...car-/161302666237?hash=item258e635bfd&vxp=mtr

i personally never was a fan of carbon fiber hoods or other large body panels (except roofs), but if you like the look, then go for it. actually, if i had a black car, i would have probably gotten a carbon fiber hood, because that's the one color i think it can work with since it's not as blatant and flashy. that's just my opinion though and most people actually probably disagree with me so i hope that doesn't deter you.
Thanks bro :smokin. I actually agree with you, if the truck wasn't black I wouldn't even consider doing it. Long term, the hood will be painted black, but I've always been interested in messing with some vinyl and wrapping something, for $100 it's worth a shot. Worst case scenario, the cf vinyl looks tacky and I take it off, rock it in primer through the winter and paint it in the spring.

The only problem with buying STIs and Evos and other cars in the same category is that kids mod and beat them to death, so finding a good used one is sometimes difficult.

Ill never understand these guys drop 10k into a motor build then put XXRs on it :rolleyes

I was actually banned from evom for blasting kids putting $ into big power and then boasting about their rotas. Shame. Worse than the stock Enkei/BBS :lol:

nelson999 nelson999 finnns2003 finnns2003
maybe I should have been more clear... the fad out in the east coast and midwest along with on this thread. climbed under a rock? no but it's true. frs/brz takeover has happen out here. rarely do I ever see evos or stis on the road anymore.
-former 09 mr owner and still current socalevo forum poster since we're throwing identification around. lol

:rofl: u w0t m8

Yo, are you for real? Subaru has dominated the east coast since they brought WRX and STI over. The Evo has been a staple since the VIII. Yes, FRS/BRZ is the new kid on the block but it won't last. The "fad" won't be a fad because the STI and evo's are perfect for the bad weather we get in the winter. My FRS? I got stuck in the snow for 6 hours last year. I live on the East Coast. Can't wait to trade my FRS in for some power.

:x :x

Man, AMS is the reason I got into to Evo's, I've mentioned this before.
I remember watching them run 8's on their VIII years ago.

amazing vid, but that can't be a daily driver car tho lol. 15 STIs are flames tho, i be lookin hard every time i see one.

Thanks bro :smokin. I actually agree with you, if the truck wasn't black I wouldn't even consider doing it. Long term, the hood will be painted black, but I've always been interested in messing with some vinyl and wrapping something, for $100 it's worth a shot. Worst case scenario, the cf vinyl looks tacky and I take it off, rock it in primer through the winter and paint it in the spring.

oh yeah...if the car is black, then i'd say go for it. for some reason i thought you were just posting a generic pic of the type of car it was. only thing i'd recommend is maybe buying some cheap *** vinyl to experiment with...just to see how it works and whatnot. once you think you can do it, then use the real vinyl to do it.

Back
Top Bottom