\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

looking to get some coilovers for the honda. anyone with recommendations? also anyone know any good websites for jdm stuff?

Year/model?

Bout to put some coil overs on my daily 2010 accrd cpe. May go with Koni yellows and Ground control coils

my new ride gonna stick with it for a while

7518680628_580223af7d_z.jpg
I'm supposed to pick up some 20's for mine this weekend (I have 17in factory, not-chrome finish still)... I was seriously considering not getting Vogues, but between you and this one I saw on CarDomain I don't know why I even thought not getting them would be alright.

I'm looking to purchase a used car, here are the three,

09 - 10 Audi a4 Premium Plus (Quattro)
08 - 10 Lexus IS250
09 - 10 BMW 3 Series 328i (Coupe or Sedan)

My price ran is low 20s, preferably under 20k if possible. I have 5k down payment, I want to finance under 15k as much as possible. Im having the hardest of time finding this old *** vehicles for low 20s lol. I would think since the completely redesign 2013 a4 dropped the older models will drop in price, and well, thats just not happening as much. I need PP for the LED fronts, and quattro is preferred but it also bumps the price. I don't know much about the Lexus 250, but it is the cheapest of the bunch, found a 2009 for 18,999, again, don't know much about the 250s. The BMW is the least desired because the interior just are crap looking compare to others in its class. Sorry, dont mean to make BMW owners mad. Would prefer the coupe.

Im located in socal, any help would be great. No private sellers.

Last edited:
Co-sign, get the A4. 328i is a great car as well, fantastic to drive, but you are right about the interior it's more of a sporty feel than a luxury feel which I like but some don't. Lexus is by far my least favorite of the bunch, the 250 engine kinda sucks and it handles like a Camry. Since you're having trouble finding A4s and 3 series in your price range have you considered looking at the 1-series or A3?

sick.gif

in a good way.

Its perfect. Like seriously, perfect.

Anyone have a G37s coupe that could chime in on how they like it? Looking to pick one up in the spring (far ways, but better to do research now).

08 - 10 Lexus IS250
My price ran is low 20s, preferably under 20k if possible. I have 5k down payment, I want to finance under 15k as much as possible. Im having the hardest of time finding this old *** vehicles for low 20s lol. I would think since the completely redesign 2013 a4 dropped the older models will drop in price, and well, thats just not happening as much. I need PP for the LED fronts, and quattro is preferred but it also bumps the price. I don't know much about the Lexus 250, but it is the cheapest of the bunch, found a 2009 for 18,999, again, don't know much about the 250s. The BMW is the least desired because the interior just are crap looking compare to others in its class. Sorry, dont mean to make BMW owners mad. Would prefer the coupe.

The A4 didnt get a complete redesign. The front fascia got a different grill, headlights and bumper. Thats the most noticeable thing. Its still the same B8 chassis as before so you wont see a price drop. As a former Audi owner dont waste your time on a front wheel drive audi. Its Quattro or nothing, besides its not much of a sports sedan if its front wheel drive and a sports sedan seems to be what you're looking at. Additionally you're looking at a year that is out of or about to be out of warranty. You might be paying 20k for a vehicle but you're still paying maintenance on a 40k european car. You might get lucky but once again as a former Audi owner you should be prepared for deep pockets.

The IS250 is underpowered but smooth and more reliable than your other choices. Im in an 08 is250 now and i like it. Its not as much fun as the Audi but it gives me way more peace of mind. Rear wheel drive as well so you've got that going for you. If you can find an IS350 go for it. 100 more HP for only a lil more money. MPG difference between a 250 and 350 is only 1 or 2 MPG. I picked up my 250 with 42k miles for 23k with it being cpo'd and warranty extended 3 years or 100k.

BMW is going to be similar maintenance wise to the Audi but you get RWD drive standard with that.

Last edited:
///M3 E46 on Volks is sexy!! to bad my e46 is just a reguar 3 series . just got the csl carbon trunk though just finished installing it .

Clean M3. Perfect stance.

I wouldn't mind having an IS250. Drove a loaner 09-10 and it had adequate power. Handling was good. Good daily driver if you ask me. Only complaint is the lack of rear headroom and blind spots.

Co-sign, get the A4. 328i is a great car as well, fantastic to drive, but you are right about the interior it's more of a sporty feel than a luxury feel which I like but some don't. Lexus is by far my least favorite of the bunch, the 250 engine kinda sucks and it handles like a Camry. Since you're having trouble finding A4s and 3 series in your price range have you considered looking at the 1-series or A3?
I have looked at those, but too small (1 series), and not a fan of the wagon form (A3).

I guess I will wait it out, never thought it would be THIS difficult to get a 3 - 4 year old car under 20k :lol:

08 - 10 Lexus IS250

Go with the A4 man, I am in love with mine.

crashed the white so i copped the black right after.

got it tinted first day. wheels be on next week.

im just waiting for next spring to cop a new 3 coupe or a hamaan 5.

if u need HRE wheels or Hamaan parts, lmk, my homies run a very prominent/well-known garage so i can bless homies wit great discounts.

I must be the only one who doesn't like the TE37s much, especially on a Euro car. If I had a choice, i'd pick BBS for BMWs over any Volks. Just a personal preference.

With that said, the E46 is simply the best looking generation of 3-series, ever!

Last edited:
lol your right about the engine on the 250, it lacks power but it doesnt handle like a camry 

lol your right about the engine on the 250, it lacks power but it doesnt handle like a camry 

+1. I have an IS250 and my parents had the Camry a year ago and when I drove it, it was nothing like my IS. The IS250s power is very underrated too. I mean it is just as fast as the last gen A4, TSX, G25, C-Class, etc... The only competitor that was really that much faster is the E90 328i. Keep in mind that the current IS250 came out in 2005 and a new C-Class, A4, 3-series, TSX, etc... has come out since then.

Back
Top Bottom