\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So kind of a cool story. In 2010 one of my best buddies bought an immaculate one owner low mile Estoril Blue E36 M3. He put on UUC exhaust, Bear short shifter, coilovers, and completely redid the cooling system and rear suspension which notoriously fail. He sold the car in 2014 and then they started going up in value. He always regretted it. And we always gave him **** for selling it. Well this weekend I found the guy he sold it to selling it on Craigslist, I quickly jumped on it and tried to get my friend to buy it back. As much as he wanted to, he's got too much going on right now. So I just went and bought it this afternoon. She's a dream to drive. And still in incredible shape.

Attach60300_20190505_234737.jpg

IMG_20190507_175656.jpg
That thing is super clean man, congrats! Hella flush too. The irony behind its story lol! Don't do what your friend did & sell it

So kind of a cool story. In 2010 one of my best buddies bought an immaculate one owner low mile Estoril Blue E36 M3. He put on UUC exhaust, Bear short shifter, coilovers, and completely redid the cooling system and rear suspension which notoriously fail. He sold the car in 2014 and then they started going up in value. He always regretted it. And we always gave him **** for selling it. Well this weekend I found the guy he sold it to selling it on Craigslist, I quickly jumped on it and tried to get my friend to buy it back. As much as he wanted to, he's got too much going on right now. So I just went and bought it this afternoon. She's a dream to drive. And still in incredible shape.

Attach60300_20190505_234737.jpg

IMG_20190507_175656.jpg

Coolest story I’ve read on this thread! Congrats man, if you ever decide to sell in the future keep me in mind. That Estoril blue is incredible! Let’s keep it in the NT family

What's up NT familia? FINALLY gotta chance to take the Challenger out for some pics/quickspin. Here are the newly painted rims in natural light. Lotta pics up ahead
20190508_134940.jpg
20190508_134930.jpg
20190508_134836.jpg
20190508_134825.jpg
20190508_134734.jpg
20190508_123735.jpg
20190508_115919.jpg
20190508_112419.jpg
20190508_112334.jpg
20190508_112232.jpg

A drop and some spacers or wider tires would have that thing sitting mean :pimp:

A drop and some spacers or wider tires would have that thing sitting mean :pimp:
You're absolutely right. I'm waiting for the warranty to be up before I touch anything mechanical or stance wise. The stock bicycle tires are the car's weakest point but will def be upgraded in due time. Getting all the cosmetic mods outta the way for now

So I went to my local body shop for a quote on getting the mouldings/rockers/bezels painted...altogether it's about 20 pieces. Here's what they quoted me...what does NT fam think? This price includes removal of all pieces, masking off, painting said pieces, then adding clear-coat to each piece & then re-install of all pieces backed with a lifetime warranty.
20190508_151522.jpg
20190508_151531.jpg

So I went to my local body shop for a quote on getting the mouldings/rockers/bezels painted...altogether it's about 20 pieces. Here's what they quoted me...what does NT fam think? This price includes removal of all pieces, masking off, painting said pieces, then adding clear-coat to each piece & then re-install of all pieces backed with a lifetime warranty.
20190508_151522.jpg
20190508_151531.jpg
Does that price cover the lube or you gonna provide your own?

That's crazy tax

Says insurance pay tho. As he French would say, **** it
Yeah but it's outta my own pocket since I want the pieces to be custom painted. But yeah **** it right? Lol. I tend to go with that approach when it comes to stuff that I want regardless of price

damn!! for some trim pieces

id say try to paint it yourself

at least find like the fog light part on ebay and try it out

sand paper, adhesion promoter, plasti-dip and glossifier

if you have the time to do it that is.

im currently trying to decide if i should order a new rear valance/diffuser(for quad tip exhaust)
or just plasti-dip/gloss the 1 i have(single tip exhaust)

damn!! for some trim pieces

id say try to paint it yourself

at least find like the fog light part on ebay and try it out

sand paper, adhesion promoter, plasti-dip and glossifier

if you have the time to do it that is.

im currently trying to decide if i should order a new rear valance/diffuser(for quad tip exhaust)
or just plasti-dip/gloss the 1 i have(single tip exhaust)
Lol for 20 trim pieces to be exact. Some are small & others pretty large so yeah. I'd love to do it myself if I had the skill set but sadly my painter skills are limited at best. And I'd be pretty pist at myself if I went ahead did it & screwed it up. Plus, It's Ramadan & I'm fasting so I don't have the physical/mental energy for it all lol. I'd say get the quad tip exhaust, I just got it on mine & I love it. And than add that new diffuser. Lmk how it all turns out

Thats about right bro.

The amount of prep needed so it doesnt look crappy and actually holds up, is a lot

I paid 1800 to do all the chrome on my silver wk1 srt.

ok got you, finding the time is the hardest part because it is very very time consuming
your Chally looks good as is tho

oh no doubt pics will be posted, going for this look
BORLA-CAMRO-6-EXHAUST-11931-3.jpg

air spider 777 air spider 777
yea chrome is tricky, esp if its real metal and not that plastic-chrome

Thats about right bro.

The amount of prep needed so it doesnt look crappy and actually holds up, is a lot

I paid 1800 to do all the chrome on my silver wk1 srt.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, $2,100 seems about right. Like you said, plenty of prep required. The removal & reinstallation of all the pieces is going to be tedious. And exactly I want it to look proper not some run-of-the-mill crap paint job...I want this done ONCE & done RIGHT. The +side is that the shop is only like 6-10 blocks from my house so I can always drive by or walk & check up on my baby as opposed to me dropping it off to a shop in Bklyn or Long Island & getting separation anxiety lol. I hear ya 1800 is a big # but it's an investment & you get quality work done from a quality shop & thats what we are paying for. You changed the chrome to black or something different & how's the Hell Kitty?

ok got you, finding the time is the hardest part because it is very very time consuming
your Chally looks good as is tho

oh no doubt pics will be posted, going for this look
BORLA-CAMRO-6-EXHAUST-11931-3.jpg

air spider 777 air spider 777
yea chrome is tricky, esp if its real metal and not that plastic-chrome
Yes very time consuming. Thank you, she looks good but after this mod she'll look great! Lol
That's a fine *** on the Camaro. The quad tips look :pimp::pimp:. How is the visibility? Do you get used to the lack of it overtime? Or is it an exaggeration?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, $2,100 seems about right. Like you said, plenty of prep required. The removal & reinstallation of all the pieces is going to be tedious. And exactly I want it to look proper not some run-of-the-mill crap paint job...I want this done ONCE & done RIGHT. The +side is that the shop is only like 6-10 blocks from my house so I can always drive by or walk & check up on my baby as opposed to me dropping it off to a shop in Bklyn or Long Island & getting separation anxiety lol. I hear ya 1800 is a big # but it's an investment & you get quality work done from a quality shop & thats what we are paying for. You changed the chrome to black or something different & how's the Hell Kitty?

My father always told me you get what you pay for and that especially goes for anything to do with your car and house. Yea its a lot of dough but at the end of the day I dont have to go back to my body shop or my mechanic and be like yo this is not right.

I just color matched all the trim to silver. It looked so dope. Still to this day I regret selling that truck.

Hellcat is good. Sitting in the garage at the moment. Waiting for nice weather on a weekend.

My father always told me you get what you pay for and that especially goes for anything to do with your car and house. Yea its a lot of dough but at the end of the day I dont have to go back to my body shop or my mechanic and be like yo this is not right.

I just color matched all the trim to silver. It looked so dope. Still to this day I regret selling that truck.

Hellcat is good. Sitting in the garage at the moment. Waiting for nice weather on a weekend.
Exactly. I'll pay the extra $ for a job well done. Why did you end up selling it...upgrade or another reason? Post a pic if possible...if not no biggie. I hear ya on the weather...nothing but rain next few days

Back
Top Bottom