\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Hey Z, yup, the 5.2 in the GT is called "Voodoo", the engine in the GT500 is called "Predator" and the new 7.3 gas V8 for the Super Duty will be called "Godzilla".
I sell Ford for a living (been doing it 23 years since I was 20) and the GT350 is the best Mustang they ever built! It's so overbuilt, it can take so much abuse. When Ford invited me to their GT350 Track Tour at Pocono raceway, they give us the cars to drive around the North course infield road course. 5 laps at mostly in 3rd (the torque curve is amazing) the car is simply sensational! Then the pro test drivers take us out and WOW!! WHAT.A.THRILL!!! I even asked what needed to be fixed after the whole trip the prior year (5 tracks). Tires, pads and one rotor. Everything else was fine. It's built to take a beating!

That car new is the best performance bargain around. Just sold a new 2019 to a friend a few months ago who ordered it to spec. He is still blown away with it. The sound the flat-plane crank makes is pure automotive nirvana!! And the exhaust is insane! (You sound like your going 65 at 25 mph when you open up the valves on the exhaust).

If I had the $$$ I would skip the 500 (too pricey for what it is) and get a 2020 GT350 in Grabber Lime, Electronics pkg, Handling Pkg, CF IP, white stripes and it would be PERFECT!! No Recaros unless you plan on tracking it regularly. The standard seats are wonderful!! And now that they are popping up used, even more of a bargain!!
Hows it goin brother? Nice man, 23 years in this cut throat business! You probably seen it all with wacko customers to insane factory builds. You're in the Tri-State area? Indeed, the GT350 is up there on Mustang foodchain. I watched Jay Lenos video on it recently & the rims are made purely out of carbon fiber, is that correct? That track trip you took sounds like a dream & I hear ya, you get what you pay for with these machines. And thats just it! The constant deep rumble even in the lower rpm range is eargasmic lol. What color did your friend get? Please say black lol. Grabber lime sounds loud & sweet. Used is def a bargain but this being a high-performance car & its racecar nature it most likely got beat on so I'd personally stay away from used. The stripes are a must. The only difference between these & the R variant is A/C & rear seat delete? Or is there more to it? GT350s are seldom seen & I always catch myself breaking my neck lookin at these monsters, what a sweet exhaust note...that voodoo sings man! If a car named the Challenger didn't exist I'd def purchase a Mustang for myself, they're dope rides

What was the hassle behind gettin the plates?
Well I have the Chicago Police plates and to be able to get those, you have to be active or retired LEO or family member of one. You also have to make a donation of at least $50 to the Chicago Police Memorial Foundation and fill out a background check and affirmation. So I filled those documents out and sent it to the email on the website. 2 weeks pass and I hear nothing back so I went back to the website and there was a different email on file so I sent my documents to the new email and got them signed by the next day. So either the person with the old email quit or got fired or something but that was two weeks wasted.

Once I got all my documents ready I went to the DMV with the application but they said I couldn't do it because I had to renew my plate sticker and I couldn't do that until I got emissions tested. Since my car is catless I failed emissions and had to make an appointment with a shop to go back to stock. It took a couple of weeks since the shop was booked but once it was back to stock I passed emissions and renewed my plate sticker. Then I took everything back to the DMV and everything seemed good and they said to expect it in four to six weeks. Also had to go to my bank and get a checkbook since the DMV doesn't accept card or cash.

So six weeks pass and I getting a letter in the mail that said my application was denied because I wanted XKXKX and they said that would interfere with law enforcement identification purposes. So I filled out another application and mailed it back to them. A week passes and I get the same exact letter in the mail stating the exact same thing from before so somehow they didn't see my new application but this time they stapled an application in the paperwork so I filled that out and mailed it back. Finally after three weeks I got my plates in the mail. Also my car was back to stock for emissions so once I passed, I made an appointment with my shop to go back to catless. All this happened over a period of four months.

Hey Z, yup, the 5.2 in the GT is called "Voodoo", the engine in the GT500 is called "Predator" and the new 7.3 gas V8 for the Super Duty will be called "Godzilla".
I sell Ford for a living (been doing it 23 years since I was 20) and the GT350 is the best Mustang they ever built! It's so overbuilt, it can take so much abuse. When Ford invited me to their GT350 Track Tour at Pocono raceway, they give us the cars to drive around the North course infield road course. 5 laps at mostly in 3rd (the torque curve is amazing) the car is simply sensational! Then the pro test drivers take us out and WOW!! WHAT.A.THRILL!!! I even asked what needed to be fixed after the whole trip the prior year (5 tracks). Tires, pads and one rotor. Everything else was fine. It's built to take a beating!

That car new is the best performance bargain around. Just sold a new 2019 to a friend a few months ago who ordered it to spec. He is still blown away with it. The sound the flat-plane crank makes is pure automotive nirvana!! And the exhaust is insane! (You sound like your going 65 at 25 mph when you open up the valves on the exhaust).

If I had the $$$ I would skip the 500 (too pricey for what it is) and get a 2020 GT350 in Grabber Lime, Electronics pkg, Handling Pkg, CF IP, white stripes and it would be PERFECT!! No Recaros unless you plan on tracking it regularly. The standard seats are wonderful!! And now that they are popping up used, even more of a bargain!!
Interesting I didn’t know they’re still making the gt350. I thought the gt500 was taking over. Good to hear they’re keeping both!

Hows it goin brother? Nice man, 23 years in this cut throat business! You probably seen it all with wacko customers to insane factory builds. You're in the Tri-State area? Indeed, the GT350 is up there on Mustang foodchain. I watched Jay Lenos video on it recently & the rims are made purely out of carbon fiber, is that correct? That track trip you took sounds like a dream & I hear ya, you get what you pay for with these machines. And thats just it! The constant deep rumble even in the lower rpm range is eargasmic lol. What color did your friend get? Please say black lol. Grabber lime sounds loud & sweet. Used is def a bargain but this being a high-performance car & its racecar nature it most likely got beat on so I'd personally stay away from used. The stripes are a must. The only difference between these & the R variant is A/C & rear seat delete? Or is there more to it? GT350s are seldom seen & I always catch myself breaking my neck lookin at these monsters, what a sweet exhaust note...that voodoo sings man! If a car named the Challenger didn't exist I'd def purchase a Mustang for myself, they're dope rides

What's up buddy. Yup, I'm in the Philly burbs. Selling at the same store the entire 23 years. I've seen A LOT!! Pre-internet and post internet. This business, to be honest, used to be fun. You work with customers and get to know them and you see them routinely. Now, it's just not fun. The people call for a car, come see it, buy it and leave. There is no real personal connection anymore like it was. I have good customers who met me when I sold them a car/truck when I was 21 and they always check in on me and ask how I'm feeling (I got major medical issues since doing this job, with a liver transplant being the biggest and dealing with Crohn's). You don't get that anymore as customers don't seem to care to make a relationship with a dealer. When you do, it does make a difference. Sadly, I feel myself loosing the love of this job. Never thought I would but I am. ?

About the car. The carbon wheels are part of the R along with standard recaros, rear seat delete, the carbon fiber big wing (it's like $7K out of the parts dept) and no resonator and better aero. The wheels are something I would remove, bag and save and get repros. That way, if you ding one you can fix it. Can't fix a carbon fiber wheel and they are EXPENSIVE to replace!

My buddy got Kona blue with white stripes. Kona is a dark Navy. Looks awesome. His 2014 GT500 I sold him is black with black stripes. Not every used 350 is beat on. If I owned one, it would never be tracked. Just driven on the road and to shows. Keep in touch buddy. I'm a car junkie through and through. Maybe I'll post up a pic of something I got to participate in recently. I'm sure everyone would get a kick out of it.

Last edited:
Well I have the Chicago Police plates and to be able to get those, you have to be active or retired LEO or family member of one. You also have to make a donation of at least $50 to the Chicago Police Memorial Foundation and fill out a background check and affirmation. So I filled those documents out and sent it to the email on the website. 2 weeks pass and I hear nothing back so I went back to the website and there was a different email on file so I sent my documents to the new email and got them signed by the next day. So either the person with the old email quit or got fired or something but that was two weeks wasted.

Once I got all my documents ready I went to the DMV with the application but they said I couldn't do it because I had to renew my plate sticker and I couldn't do that until I got emissions tested. Since my car is catless I failed emissions and had to make an appointment with a shop to go back to stock. It took a couple of weeks since the shop was booked but once it was back to stock I passed emissions and renewed my plate sticker. Then I took everything back to the DMV and everything seemed good and they said to expect it in four to six weeks. Also had to go to my bank and get a checkbook since the DMV doesn't accept card or cash.

So six weeks pass and I getting a letter in the mail that said my application was denied because I wanted XKXKX and they said that would interfere with law enforcement identification purposes. So I filled out another application and mailed it back to them. A week passes and I get the same exact letter in the mail stating the exact same thing from before so somehow they didn't see my new application but this time they stapled an application in the paperwork so I filled that out and mailed it back. Finally after three weeks I got my plates in the mail. Also my car was back to stock for emissions so once I passed, I made an appointment with my shop to go back to catless. All this happened over a period of four months.
Damn that is one big hassle for some plates lol. Glad you got what you wanted in the end & as always, she's looking beautiful

What's up buddy. Yup, I'm in the Philly burbs. Selling at the same store the entire 23 years. I've seen A LOT!! Pre-internet and post internet. This business, to be honest, used to be fun. You work with customers and get to know them and you see them routinely. Now, it's just not fun. The people call for a car, come see it, buy it and leave. There is no real personal connection anymore like it was. I have good customers who met me when I sold them a car/truck when I was 21 and they always check in on me and ask how I'm feeling (I got major medical issues since doing this job, with a liver transplant being the biggest and dealing with Crohn's). You don't get that anymore as customers don't seem to care to make a relationship with a dealer. When you do, it does make a difference. Sadly, I feel myself loosing the love of this job. Never thought I would but I am. ?

About the car. The carbon wheels are part of the R along with standard recaros, rear seat delete, the carbon fiber big wing (it's like $7K out of the parts dept) and no resonator and better aero. The wheels are something I would remove, bag and save and get repros. That way, if you ding one you can fix it. Can't fix a carbon fiber wheel and they are EXPENSIVE to replace!

My buddy got Kona blue with white stripes. Kona is a dark Navy. Looks awesome. His 2014 GT500 I sold him is black with black stripes. Not every used 350 is beat on. If I owned one, it would never be tracked. Just driven on the road and to shows. Keep in touch buddy. I'm a car junkie through and through. Maybe I'll post up a pic of something I got to participate in recently. I'm sure everyone would get a kick out of it.
You ought to own the dealership at this point lol. For sure, the personal connection is on the decline. Yeah I remember you mentioned some of those medical issues while back...hope you're doing better & improving daily. Having a relationship with the dealer def helps bigtime! When I went to the Dodge dealership in Bayside, Queens for the 1st time back toward the end of 2015 it was me, my brother & his lady. A dealer approached us & the following convo occurred "Hello, how are you sir, may I help you?" Me:" Hey how's it goin? Yes, I'm in the market for a new NOT used Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker preferably black" dealer: "Oh how wonderful, here we have a slightly USED Navy blue Scat Pack(non-Shaker) with the Harley Davidson package" Me, lookin @ my fam"Bro, Harley Davidson edition Challenger? Wtf is this guy talkin about?"(Later found out it was a special collab they came up with. Just a few tiny little stickers absolutely nothing special...looked like someone ordered em off ebay and stuck it on while being cross eyed). The Dealer: "Shall we sit down & talk numbers sir?" Me: Aight bro, have a good one" & we left. Dude was a HORRIBLE listener even after I stated TWICE I am not interested in used & I want black only! Salesman was trying to push used inventory, I get it. Gave the same dealership one last shot because I didn't want to drive all the way to Manhattan Dodge & hunt for parking for my beater nor did I want to have to drive a while out to deep Long Island, Bayside is conveniently 10 mins from my house so I was willing to give them a 2nd take & luckily this time the salesman was polite,an excellent listener & car enthusiast. And it sucks you're losing that love for your job but that's not your fault, we live in the digital/social media/app age & the entire car buying process can be done over a screen with little to 0 human interaction. I'm old school & prefer human interaction. For all that you get it's $7k well spent in my opinion. CF rims are a beauty & it makes a helluva show car. I think if you got one you should most def track it even if it's only once a year so you get to experience its full potential. You ever go to any of them Carlisle Nationals? Will def keep in touch brother. I'm more of a Dodge fanboy lol but I enjoy all kinds of cars esp the BIG 3 American kinds. Would love to see some more pics of your Mustang and your Ford participation events

Cool cars, but they make you become a mechanic real quick. Been stuck on the side of the road plenty of times.

Attachments

• CB0CDA52-0CE0-4D72-8434-8AF855E45B92.jpeg
    CB0CDA52-0CE0-4D72-8434-8AF855E45B92.jpeg
    839 KB · Views: 112
  • 20DE3960-FF41-400F-AD82-4E15984867CF.jpeg
    20DE3960-FF41-400F-AD82-4E15984867CF.jpeg
    579.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Boss 302 are dope! What about the Boss 429s, cobra jet engine? I think. John Wicks ride...very fitting to his image lol

They said in the movie it was a Boss 9 but it's actually a Mach 1 with stripe delete. The hood scoop is much larger on the Boss 9 and the weight of the 429 makes the stance of the car look lower.

You ought to own the dealership at this point lol. For sure, the personal connection is on the decline. Yeah I remember you mentioned some of those medical issues while back...hope you're doing better & improving daily. Having a relationship with the dealer def helps bigtime! When I went to the Dodge dealership in Bayside, Queens for the 1st time back toward the end of 2015 it was me, my brother & his lady. A dealer approached us & the following convo occurred "Hello, how are you sir, may I help you?" Me:" Hey how's it goin? Yes, I'm in the market for a new NOT used Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker preferably black" dealer: "Oh how wonderful, here we have a slightly USED Navy blue Scat Pack(non-Shaker) with the Harley Davidson package" Me, lookin @ my fam"Bro, Harley Davidson edition Challenger? Wtf is this guy talkin about?"(Later found out it was a special collab they came up with. Just a few tiny little stickers absolutely nothing special...looked like someone ordered em off ebay and stuck it on while being cross eyed). The Dealer: "Shall we sit down & talk numbers sir?" Me: Aight bro, have a good one" & we left. Dude was a HORRIBLE listener even after I stated TWICE I am not interested in used & I want black only! Salesman was trying to push used inventory, I get it. Gave the same dealership one last shot because I didn't want to drive all the way to Manhattan Dodge & hunt for parking for my beater nor did I want to have to drive a while out to deep Long Island, Bayside is conveniently 10 mins from my house so I was willing to give them a 2nd take & luckily this time the salesman was polite,an excellent listener & car enthusiast. And it sucks you're losing that love for your job but that's not your fault, we live in the digital/social media/app age & the entire car buying process can be done over a screen with little to 0 human interaction. I'm old school & prefer human interaction. For all that you get it's $7k well spent in my opinion. CF rims are a beauty & it makes a helluva show car. I think if you got one you should most def track it even if it's only once a year so you get to experience its full potential. You ever go to any of them Carlisle Nationals? Will def keep in touch brother. I'm more of a Dodge fanboy lol but I enjoy all kinds of cars esp the BIG 3 American kinds. Would love to see some more pics of your Mustang and your Ford participation events

Thanks Z. Na, I wouldn't want to own a dealership. Not unless it would be a used exotic car dealer. I used to do Carlisle Ford weekend. Did it 4 straight years. But life changes (met my wife at a car show and don't have time for all day car shows on Sundays).

Sorry you didn't get a good salesperson on your 1st visit. Rule #1 for any salesperson is LISTEN! And he failed! Glad you got someone good and didn't have to go far for your Challenger. Here is something for everyone in my next post! It's rather special!!

Back
Top Bottom