\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Got my windows tinted today... ceramic tint throught out the car including the windshield which is 50%. 30% on the fronts and 5% in the rear.

how much did the ceramic tint run you?

I want ceramic for my tint as well but the local shop I called for a quote said its not necessary and the material that he uses is just as good as ceramic and I'll be over paying but it does come with lifetime warranty at least

Yeahhh 40 minutes isn't go to cut it on a Ford GT! I guess she wasn't educated on cars & her husbands in particular. Sounds very intricate underneath the GT. She probably thought she'll be in & out in no time. It takes 10 mins just for it to properly fit into the bay, that's how low it is?

Yeah, dealers back when the car released, had the older lifts that were for normal cars that weren't so low to the ground. Our lifts wouldn't fit under the car unless the car was higher off the ground to start. Hence the need for several wide wooden planks nailed together to drive up on. That have enough clearance for the lift legs to get under it.👍

Dude who owned the car sold it about 8 years ago. Before they really took off value wise. Stupid decision.

Even tho they're lucky to make 270 to the wheels the 3vs are known to be very reliable. The Ford 8.8s are stout as hell and can hold alot of power with axles and a brace. The only issue with them are junk Ford transmission.

The 4.6 3v gets NO credit or love from lots of people who just don't know. My 2006, has been stupid reliable. Granted it only has 45K on the odometer, and all I ever did was constant oil changes with full synthetic every 5K or so (myself using my dad's 2-post lift) And it's been tuned since 2008 from a local shop who did it in-house.

Only performance mods my car has are an Airaid CAI (with the insert still in use so it doesn't have to most air going to the MAF sensor) and American Racing Longtubes! At the time, I had a hi-flow H-Pipe& it has Borla out the back (I now run an off-road or no cats H-Pipe). I know dyno numbers are subjective, but it made 302/323. Add back in the drivetrain loss (which is about 17% on these) I'm at 350/375 crank. Not bad numbers at all. For a car that is about 3,350 to 3,400 lbs! That's great. And 50 (crank) hp from longtubes and a tune is fantastic! And it sounds beautiful!! Not obnoxious at all. Like an old-school muscle car! Gosh I still love this car!!

My Mustang (1).JPG

how much did the ceramic tint run you?

I want ceramic for my tint as well but the local shop I called for a quote said its not necessary and the material that he uses is just as good as ceramic and I'll be over paying but it does come with lifetime warranty at least

Well I had bought a groupon for $90 at first but I paid an extra $380 for the upgrade... so just under $500 after tax altogether, retail would have been $750 before tax because I also had my windshield tinted.

The 4.6 3v gets NO credit or love from lots of people who just don't know. My 2006, has been stupid reliable. Granted it only has 45K on the odometer, and all I ever did was constant oil changes with full synthetic every 5K or so (myself using my dad's 2-post lift) And it's been tuned since 2008 from a local shop who did it in-house.

Only performance mods my car has are an Airaid CAI (with the insert still in use so it doesn't have to most air going to the MAF sensor) and American Racing Longtubes! At the time, I had a hi-flow H-Pipe& it has Borla out the back (I now run an off-road or no cats H-Pipe). I know dyno numbers are subjective, but it made 302/323. Add back in the drivetrain loss (which is about 17% on these) I'm at 350/375 crank. Not bad numbers at all. For a car that is about 3,350 to 3,400 lbs! That's great. And 50 (crank) hp from longtubes and a tune is fantastic! And it sounds beautiful!! Not obnoxious at all. Like an old-school muscle car! Gosh I still love this car!!

My Mustang (1).JPG
Mine had 99k when I sold it and it was super reliable as well. Loved that car you’re right about the weight it makes up for the lower power. I had a few bolt ons but the biggest difference I noticed was when I did all the suspension mods. Ford racing 1.5” lowering springs on koni yellow adjustable shocks, Gt500 strut mounts, boss 302 rear lower control arms really made a difference with grip too. I raced cars more powerful than mine and was surprised at how well I’d hook. Underrated cars imo

Well I had bought a groupon for $90 at first but I paid an extra $380 for the upgrade... so just under $500 after tax altogether, retail would have been $750 before tax because I also had my windshield tinted.
I've never spent more than 180 on 5% tints all around on any car but I've never had a need for ceramic tints.....

Mine had 99k when I sold it and it was super reliable as well. Loved that car you’re right about the weight it makes up for the lower power. I had a few bolt ons but the biggest difference I noticed was when I did all the suspension mods. Ford racing 1.5” lowering springs on koni yellow adjustable shocks, Gt500 strut mounts, boss 302 rear lower control arms really made a difference with grip too. I raced cars more powerful than mine and was surprised at how well I’d hook. Underrated cars imo
u think a blower would be useful wortht he bang for buck

05fordgt 05fordgt was just down in kennet at the range and there was a f type svr like yours but a dark charcoal color. It was beautiful but your color definitely tops that. There was a new e63s right next to it too. :smokin

Any of you ever mess with pumping helium or nitrogen in your tires? Some people I've met on gas stations swear by it

Sheeesh. I got a quote from another shop that looks legit for $200 non ceramic $550 with ceramic. Might end up rolling with non ceramic.

Yeah I would say expect to pay at least $400... and that probably won't include the windshield. If you can find it for less then I would say go for it, I am happy with it.

u think a blower would be useful wortht he bang for buck

If you can find one reasonable enough. Just keep rwhp to around 450 or so unless you want internal issues! Stock 3v is good with a s/c as long as it's tuned on the conservative side. Of not, it's either a rod or piston that goes.

I never did it as at the time a good s/c went for around $6K and that's just nuts. Spent $2K on a full long tube setup and never regretted it as it sounds glorious!!!

05fordgt 05fordgt was just down in kennet at the range and there was a f type svr like yours but a dark charcoal color. It was beautiful but your color definitely tops that. There was a new e63s right next to it too. :smokin

Really? A Grey SVR around here? Kennett Square? No kidding!! The car is rare. We found out that they did only bring in 47 total cars (coupe & convertible) for 2018. Car is a little different. But overall, an F-Type SVR is more rate than a 600LT & even a Senna. Kinda cool! Next time you happen to see it, snap me a few pics if you could? 👍👍

Thanks for the compliment on the color! 👍👍 We love it every day we drive it. But the interior is what we love the best. The all red is just beautiful!! Oh, and remember, the car isn't mine, it's my wife's daily driver!! 👍👍 She researched it, found it, and bought it! 🙏🙏

Last edited:
Really? A Grey SVR around here? Kennett Square? No kidding!! The car is rare. We found out that they did only bring in 47 total cars (coupe & convertible) for 2018. Car is a little different. But overall, an F-Type SVR is more rate than a 600LT & even a Senna. Kinda cool! Next time you happen to see it, snap me a few pics if you could? 👍👍

Thanks for the compliment on the color! 👍👍 We love it every day we drive it. But the interior is what we love the best. The all red is just beautiful!! Oh, and remember, the car isn't mine, it's my wife's daily driver!! 👍👍 She researched it, found it, and bought it! 🙏🙏
If I see it again I’ll get a pic. Both had Delaware tags.

Legit question about those IS Lexus it's not as simple as a turbo kit installed right? My friend looked into it when he was doing a manual swap on his is wagon but said it was to expensive and alot of work so he just did bolt ons.
I don't think they have many 2J variants out, so it shouldn't be that expensive. Probably just the routing of the piping and connections.

If I see it again I’ll get a pic. Both had Delaware tags.

Ah, no wonder I never seen it around the Phoenixville area. Thanks buddy. I'd like to grab the VIN as there is a F-Type SVR Registry on Instagram. Guy has almost all the years done.

Back
Top Bottom