POST YOUR DESKTOP VOL. 2010

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

I have been absolutely addicted to this for the last 24 hours...
laugh.gif

I got my layout all figured out, now it's just the functionality of it all.

Is there a way to override the Windows taskbar with the XWindows Dock?

When I get a new IM, the AIM icon on my Windows taskbar still flashes. Can I make the AIM icon on my Dock flash or bounce instead? Or is that not possible with this particular dock?

Also, what do you guys do for your Firefox Download Window? Because whenever I d/l something, I have to go through the Windows taskbar again to access the Download Window. I am about to try making the Firefox icon a stack, and see if I can add the Firefox Download Window to an icon within the stack.

Basically, I want EVERYTHING ran through my XWindows Dock. It LOOKS cool, but it's not functioning quite as I had hoped. Any suggestions/tips? Is there a better dock that does what I'm wanting?
I just moved my windows taskbar to the top, and set it to autohide, so it only shows when I scroll over it.
You can create stack for the downloads folder, and set it to "Monitor", this way, whatever you download, if you save it to the downloads folder itwill show up in the stack.
Also make sure you set everything to Minimize to dock. Right click, preferences, Capture Windows...
Monitoring a Stack
Right Click on Xwindows Dock
Choose create stack from folder
Select the folder you use for your downloads.
Right Click on the new stack you've created and check MONITORING
Now Right Click on the dock, and go to Preferences
Choose the Miscellaneous option on the right
Check all the boxes under "trigger an event when monitoring"

My desktop
1212water2.jpg

Originally Posted by mrshadow

I'm gonna be greedy and ask where you got that Dock, Battery Icon, AND calendar in the upper right..
laugh.gif

I haven't customized a desktop in years. Finally got a new laptop and now I wanna get back into the sleek look.

Anyone else with Dock suggestions or popular websites, please help me out, too! Thanks.
the battery and weather thing are from yahoo widget

as for the dock im using objectdock.

the clock is from rainmeter a link to it was posted like 2 pages back

this website is where i got all my dockicons http://www.deviantart.com/ take a look around

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

I have been absolutely addicted to this for the last 24 hours...
laugh.gif

I got my layout all figured out, now it's just the functionality of it all.

Is there a way to override the Windows taskbar with the XWindows Dock?

When I get a new IM, the AIM icon on my Windows taskbar still flashes. Can I make the AIM icon on my Dock flash or bounce instead? Or is that not possible with this particular dock?

Also, what do you guys do for your Firefox Download Window? Because whenever I d/l something, I have to go through the Windows taskbar again to access the Download Window. I am about to try making the Firefox icon a stack, and see if I can add the Firefox Download Window to an icon within the stack.

Basically, I want EVERYTHING ran through my XWindows Dock. It LOOKS cool, but it's not functioning quite as I had hoped. Any suggestions/tips? Is there a better dock that does what I'm wanting?
I just moved my windows taskbar to the top, and set it to autohide, so it only shows when I scroll over it.
You can create stack for the downloads folder, and set it to "Monitor", this way, whatever you download, if you save it to the downloads folder it will show up in the stack.
Also make sure you set everything to Minimize to dock. Right click, preferences, Capture Windows...

Monitoring a Stack
Right Click on Xwindows Dock
Choose create stack from folder
Select the folder you use for your downloads.
Right Click on the new stack you've created and check MONITORING
Now Right Click on the dock, and go to Preferences
Choose the Miscellaneous option on the right
Check all the boxes under "trigger an event when monitoring"
MUCH appreciated, dude! Toggled with the settings you suggested along with some other trial and error solutions, and I've basically got it setnow.

I just wish there was a way to permanently hide away that taskbar, and not just on Auto-Hide. I swear, when I had Docks back in the day on Windows XP, that thetaskbar had the ability to minimize completely into an edge of your screen so that it never appeared, even on scrollover. That's about my last irk with thenew setup now.

But out of curiosity, are there any Rainmeter AIM skins? That way, maybe I could eliminate it's Windows taskbar icon...?

Originally Posted by NyZiNFaMoUs

^^^^ are you going for the clutter theme with that wallpaper & ur icons?

nah not really... ive been wanting to clean up my desktop just been lazy... so i just reorganized instead
laugh.gif

can anyone pleeaaaaaase find me some rashida jones wallpapers??? can't find no decent ones only one from the other thread

Originally Posted by you go boy

1128umr.jpg

Ok two things

1. Good lord clean up that desktop cluttered as hell

2. You had Bang Bros open how do you watch pron then say "oh wait let me post my desktop"

Originally Posted by 3onPar5

Originally Posted by you go boy

1128umr.jpg

Ok two things

1. Good lord clean up that desktop cluttered as hell

2. You had Bang Bros open how do you watch pron then say "oh wait let me post my desktop"
good point, however, you forgot to comment on the fact that ole boy is using America Online. Didn't even know that @*% even existed nemore.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

xwindowsdock is better visually than stardock, but it crashes freezes every two minutes on win 7
Mine has been working very smoothly on Windows 7... *knocks on wood*

Not sure what the problem could be with yours. Try re-installing!

Originally Posted by sole vintage

xwindowsdock is better visually than stardock, but it crashes freezes every two minutes on win 7
Mine has been working very smoothly on Windows 7... *knocks on wood*

Not sure what the problem could be with yours. Try re-installing!
ok will give it another go.

before i would get error messages or failed to execute

Back
Top Bottom