Post Your Motorcycle

Love the weather in NYC right now (not yesterday).

Perfect weather for riding with a jacket.

Going to try and get another month in before i store my bike for the winter.

I agree. Vests are very minimal in protection. Are they better than no vest? Absolutely. I prefer a leather armored jacket myself but i dont live in the hellish southern heat. 

Agreed. I live in Florida, during most of the year in wearing my textile jacket. It sucks wearing full gear, I sweat my *** off, but I would honestly rather sweat than need skin grafts and need someone else too feed me, bathe me, and clean me while recovering from road rash.

In the cooler months I wear my leather jacket, which is really the best option.

I will say, I wear regular jeans, I need to get some Kevlar riding pants smh

Walter..

Agreed. I live in Florida, during most of the year in wearing my textile jacket. It sucks wearing full gear, I sweat my *** off, but I would honestly rather sweat than need skin grafts and need someone else too feed me, bathe me, and clean me while recovering from road rash.

Walter..
Yeah me too. Ive got my armored leather jacket, leather gloves, and armored boots. I need good kevlar jeans with armor. Anyone no of any nice pairs that fit like modern jeans (aka not so huge im swimming in them like my pops)?

Yeah me too. Ive got my armored leather jacket, leather gloves, and armored boots. I need good kevlar jeans with armor. Anyone no of any nice pairs that fit like modern jeans (aka not so huge im swimming in them like my pops)?

I haven't looked in a while, I know there are a few on Revzilla. Check them out.

I need new boots, my Puma boots are now a bit worn. I've been eyeing those new Sidi ST boots.

Walter..

That's one of the positives of being in Florida. Even though it rains a lot and it's stupid hot during the summer months, riding season is pretty much year long.

Enjoy it while you still can!

Walter..

Last edited:

Walter..

:lol: :lol:

WHEN I WENT TO CYCLE GEAR THEY HAD SOME JEANS IN THERE THAT WOULD MAKE TIM DUNCAN AND JORDAN FEEL RIGHT AT HOME.

That's one of the positives of being in Florida. Even though it rains a lot and it's stupid hot during the summer months, riding season is pretty much year long.

Enjoy it while you still can!

Walter..

HERE IN TEXAS I REFUSE TO RIDE DURING THE MONTHS OF JULY AND AUGUST. THAT HEAT :x :x :x . I DON'T SEE HOW GUYS DO IT DOWN HERE AND ON TOP OF THAT I SEE SOME IN FULL GEAR AS WELL. WHEN I WAS IN OHIO, THE SUMMER WAS MUCH MUCH ENJOYABLE LOL

can't imagine you texas dudes riding in the summer..the heat must be :x

i wore a light mesh jacket for the summer and my shirt would be soaked by the time i got to work (5 mile ride).

Most of the time, i'm fully geared..boots, gloves, jacket, and some kevlar jeans. Got a really sweet deal from lawless denim before they decided to scam their customers. :smh:

it was made to my measurements and i believe the cost was under $99.

Listen man, I've been riding long enough to see some very nasty stuff happen to good riders. If someone asks for gear advise, I'll provide my recommendation. Vests are pretty low on that list, and I would never recommend them to anyone. If you want to argue with someone, please do so somewhere else.
I'm not telling anyone what to wear or what not to wear. I'm merely providing my opinion and recommendations. If you or anyone want to go out riding looking cool riding with no gear, that's fine with me, it won't affect me. But when someone asks for advise or opinions, I'll gladly provide mine.

Walter..
Ur still missing the point.
U said vest provide ZERO PROTECTION!!
U hard headed af.
I never said textiles are better :lol:
I said they do what they are intended to do.
I'm here to provide info and help others
YOU PROVIDING YOUR OWN OPINIONS (that are not accurate) IS NOT HELPING NO ONE.
N no I'm not goin away cuz I provide useful info unlike u :pimp:

http://www.uglybrosusa.com/shop/featherbed/
Uglybros motorcycle pants. Kinda pricey but I've read some good reviews.

ANYBODY HERE EVER RIDDEN MULHOLLAND HWY "THE SNAKE" ? ME AND THE WIFE HAVE A TRIP PLANNED NEXT YEAR OVER THAT WAY AND IM THINKING OF HAULING THE BIKE DOWN TO TRY IT OUT.

ANYBODY HERE EVER RIDDEN MULHOLLAND HWY "THE SNAKE" ? ME AND THE WIFE HAVE A TRIP PLANNED NEXT YEAR OVER THAT WAY AND IM THINKING OF HAULING THE BIKE DOWN TO TRY IT OUT.
yea

go during the wknd and early 7-11 am.
go easy first. dudes go down all day over there.
There are alot of diff type of riders there.
Most recreational and some that smash those twisties.
Most are pretty aggresive and will pass you (even dual sports and old heads :lol:). Just be humble and realize that most these dues ride this route ALL the time and get their rocks off by being the MAN here.
take a causal ride and you should be good. If you ride with a back pack (your ol' lady) be carefull.
You may see cops off to the side. But as long as you aint dragging knee or rocking a kut they wont mess with you.
Enjoy and have fun 8)

yea

go during the wknd and early 7-11 am.
go easy first. dudes go down all day over there.
There are alot of diff type of riders there.
Most recreational and some that smash those twisties.
Most are pretty aggresive and will pass you (even dual sports and old heads :lol:). Just be humble and realize that most these dues ride this route ALL the time and get their rocks off by being the MAN here.
take a causal ride and you should be good. If you ride with a back pack (your ol' lady) be carefull.
You may see cops off to the side. But as long as you aint dragging knee or rocking a kut they wont mess with you.
Enjoy and have fun 8)

MAN I'M NOT TRYNA GO NUTS. JUST TAKING IT EASY FOR THE MOST PART MAYBE A LITTLE BIT OF FUN NEAR THE END. MY WIFE DEF WON'T GO ON THE RIDE WITH ME. SHE'S SCARED ENOUGH BACKPACKING ON REGULAR CRUISES AS IT IS :lol:

I FOLLOW THIS GUY ON YOUTUBE AND MAN SOME OF THESE GUYS GO HARD ON THIS JOINT. :x :x :x :pimp:

THIS GUY ON THE STREETFIGHTER :x . THAT EXHAUST IS GODLY. I NEED TO RIDE MY STREETFIGHTER LIKE THAT. THOSE POWER WHEELIES :pimp: . I DID SEE SOME THINGS I WOULDN'T DO. I WOULD NEVER DOWNSHIFT IN THE MIDDLE OF A TURN WHICH SOUNDED LIKE HE DID ONCE.

Last edited:
MAN I'M NOT TRYNA GO NUTS. JUST TAKING IT EASY FOR THE MOST PART MAYBE A LITTLE BIT OF FUN NEAR THE END. MY WIFE DEF WON'T GO ON THE RIDE WITH ME. SHE'S SCARED ENOUGH BACKPACKING ON REGULAR CRUISES AS IT IS :lol:

I FOLLOW THIS GUY ON YOUTUBE AND MAN SOME OF THESE GUYS GO HARD ON THIS JOINT. :x :x :x :pimp:

THIS GUY ON THE STREETFIGHTER :x . THAT EXHAUST IS GODLY. I NEED TO RIDE MY STREETFIGHTER LIKE THAT. THOSE POWER WHEELIES :pimp: . I DID SEE SOME THINGS I WOULDN'T DO. I WOULD NEVER DOWNSHIFT IN THE MIDDLE OF A TURN WHICH SOUNDED LIKE HE DID ONCE.

I feel on not tryna go nuts but when u have those ponies under u....
just watch out for riders like that u just posted cuz they will rip past u n get anyone shook.
Enjoy and have fun :pimp:

Listen man, I've been riding long enough to see some very nasty stuff happen to good riders. If someone asks for gear advise, I'll provide my recommendation. Vests are pretty low on that list, and I would never recommend them to anyone. If you want to argue with someone, please do so somewhere else.
I'm not telling anyone what to wear or what not to wear. I'm merely providing my opinion and recommendations. If you or anyone want to go out riding looking cool riding with no gear, that's fine with me, it won't affect me. But when someone asks for advise or opinions, I'll gladly provide mine.

Walter..
Ur still missing the point.
U said vest provide ZERO PROTECTION!!
U hard headed af.
I never said textiles are better :lol:
I said they do what they are intended to do.
I'm here to provide info and help others
YOU PROVIDING YOUR OWN OPINIONS (that are not accurate) IS NOT HELPING NO ONE.
N no I'm not goin away cuz I provide useful info unlike u :pimp:

for what its worth i've always heard that vest aren't all that effective for the street, given the type of accidents/collisions one is likely to encounter...at the least it seems that it could be money better spent if protection is the goal..we're all just providing opinions based on our individual experiences, we all know this is a risky endeavor, each makes certain concessions and has different standards; the intention was to help...

I love watching rnickeymouse's videos.

This. His IG is dope too.

nice! been on his youtube for a minute now, any other 2 wheel related grams people check for?

What should be done to the bike when storing for the winter ?

this was what i did when i stored my bike for 4 months:

1) wash bike
2) change oil & filter
3) top off fuel and add fuel stabilizer
4) took off battery
5) covered exhaust holes
6) left bike on stands
7) cover over

didn't have any issues starting it back up, but my battery was fully charged before i put it back on.

this was what i did when i stored my bike for 4 months:

1) wash bike
2) change oil & filter
3) top off fuel and add fuel stabilizer
4) took off battery
5) covered exhaust holes
6) left bike on stands
7) cover over

didn't have any issues starting it back up, but my battery was fully charged before i put it back on.

Thanks man.

for what its worth i've always heard that vest aren't all that effective for the street, given the type of accidents/collisions one is likely to encounter...at the least it seems that it could be money better spent if protection is the goal..we're all just providing opinions based on our individual experiences, we all know this is a risky endeavor, each makes certain concessions and has different standards; the intention was to help...
nice! been on his youtube for a minute now, any other 2 wheel related grams people check for?
I dig what you and voomin say and I consign with the full jacket vs vest argument but I don't agree with people giving vest a bum wrap.
They do what they are intended to do. by protecting the chest and spine.
I seen vest provide great protection and I also had it protect me when I went down. (I slide like a turtle on my back for about 10 feet :lol: ) so yes! They do work. There are pros and cons to it and I wan to voice them for the people that are gonna go the vest route and give them an honest opinion.

Last edited:
Figured I'd ask this here:

Rode my bike today and immediately felt weird. When going low speeds, the bike felt wobbly and unstable. The steering would tighten up when I'm making a turn and it felt like I needed to fight it to turn where I wanted. Managed to get the bike back to my apartment, but trying to diagnose the problem. Did some research online and it seems to be tire pressure. Unfortunately, the bike is too unstable right now for me to ride to the gas station. Just figured I'd ask if any nt bros had a similar issue.

Have you tried looking for a leak? Or push in the tire with your foot? What part of the bike feels wobbly?

Back
Top Bottom