Post Your Motorcycle

I was wild uncomfortable in the armored shirt. Red lights were the worst. Couldnt look anybody in the eyes :lol: :smh: Definitely was a tinted visor kinda week. That breeze tho :pimp:

My current jacket is a Axo Byway leather. Bought it from my mechanic. He had one left from like 2-3 years ago in his storage. Just my size.

JUST WENT ON MY FIRST RIDE..............

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

THIS JOINT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN MY CBR. THE MIDRANGE IS A STRAIGHT UP MONSTER. SCARES ME ACTUALLY :lol: . ALL THAT DOWN LOW TORQUE :x :x . THE BIKE DOESN'T LIKE TO BE DOWN LOW VERY LONG AS IT KIND OF CHUGS AROUND WITH THE SAME SOUND MY MUSTANG MAKES WHEN I DOWNSHIFT FROM 3RD TO 2ND WITH THE ENGINE BRAKING GURGLE BUT WHEN 3RD GEAR HITS. HOLY SHEET...THAT POWERBAND IS MUCH DIFFERENT THAN MY OLD CBR. WASN'T EXPECTING IT.

I'VE ALWAYS OWNED AND RIDDEN JAPANESE BIKES. THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME ON ONE THAT WASN'T. I'M CURIOUS ABOUT HOW KTM, APRILLIA AND TRIUMPH BIKES ARE NOW.

ALSO CONTEMPLATING PUTTING TERMIS ON NOW. THAT STOCK EXAHUST WAS LOUD AF ALREADY......

ONE COMPLAINT I CAN SAY IS, MAN MY COINPURSE :lol: WAS HOT AS HELL. GONNA HAVE TO LOOK INTO SOME HEATWRAPS ASAP.

OVERALL, :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

THIS JOINT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN MY CBR. THE MIDRANGE IS A STRAIGHT UP MONSTER. SCARES ME ACTUALLY
laugh.gif
. ALL THAT DOWN LOW TORQUE
sick.gif
sick.gif
. THE BIKE DOESN'T LIKE TO BE DOWN LOW VERY LONG AS IT KIND OF CHUGS AROUND WITH THE SAME SOUND MY MUSTANG MAKES WHEN I DOWNSHIFT FROM 3RD TO 2ND WITH THE ENGINE BRAKING GURGLE BUT WHEN 3RD GEAR HITS. HOLY SHEET...THAT POWERBAND IS MUCH DIFFERENT THAN MY OLD CBR. WASN'T EXPECTING IT.

I'VE ALWAYS OWNED AND RIDDEN JAPANESE BIKES. THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME ON ONE THAT WASN'T. I'M CURIOUS ABOUT HOW KTM, APRILLIA AND TRIUMPH BIKES ARE NOW.

ALSO CONTEMPLATING PUTTING TERMIS ON NOW. THAT STOCK EXAHUST WAS LOUD AF ALREADY......

ONE COMPLAINT I CAN SAY IS, MAN MY COINPURSE
laugh.gif
WAS HOT AS HELL. GONNA HAVE TO LOOK INTO SOME HEATWRAPS ASAP.

OVERALL,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Good to hear you enjoyed her! Most Ducatis are geared super tall...meaning they chug (like you said) down low. Some people swap the front sprocket for one with less teeth to get a gearing thats more similar to asian bikes. It gives a much smother take off (and you loose a few mph off the top end) but to me the tall gearing is how it should be. Anything past 2nd gear and 6000 rpm and shes a rocket. The power band is so fun. It will really sling shot you out of curves. Hold on, have fun, and be safe fam! 

THIS JOINT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN MY CBR. THE MIDRANGE IS A STRAIGHT UP MONSTER. SCARES ME ACTUALLY :lol: . ALL THAT DOWN LOW TORQUE :x :x . THE BIKE DOESN'T LIKE TO BE DOWN LOW VERY LONG AS IT KIND OF CHUGS AROUND WITH THE SAME SOUND MY MUSTANG MAKES WHEN I DOWNSHIFT FROM 3RD TO 2ND WITH THE ENGINE BRAKING GURGLE BUT WHEN 3RD GEAR HITS. HOLY SHEET...THAT POWERBAND IS MUCH DIFFERENT THAN MY OLD CBR. WASN'T EXPECTING IT.

ONE COMPLAINT I CAN SAY IS, MAN MY COINPURSE :lol: WAS HOT AS HELL. GONNA HAVE TO LOOK INTO SOME HEATWRAPS ASAP.

OVERALL, :pimp: :pimp:
Good to hear you enjoyed her! Most Ducatis are geared super tall...meaning they chug (like you said) down low. Some people swap the front sprocket for one with less teeth to get a gearing thats more similar to asian bikes. It gives a much smother take off (and you loose a few mph off the top end) but to me the tall gearing is how it should be. Anything past 2nd gear and 6000 rpm and shes a rocket. The power band is so fun. It will really sling shot you out of curves. Hold on, have fun, and be safe fam! 

YEA MAN IT WAS A BLAST! NO SPROCKET SWAPPING OVER HERE FOR ME. I LOVE IT.

GLAD ALL THESE MIDNIGHT RELEASES GOING ON TONIGHT. GIVES ME A REASON TO TAKE HER OUT FOR A SPIN AGAIN LATER.

Last edited:
I was going to be beyond pissed if that robot hit a wheelie.

Another season down and I still can't get her up. :smh:

I've tried both. Gina just isn't ******* with me. I've ridden her at top speed, hit some crazy turns, and have a feeling that I've gotten her mastered at least 90%. Just can't lift her up and it pisses me off. :lol: :smh:

I hate wheelie Wednesday's on Instagram. Got girls out here hitting that wheelie for a mile straight and I'm here looking limp in these streets. :smh:

Welcome to the Duc life memphissfinest memphissfinest !

Like fine wines aren't meant to be kept in a wine cellar, they are meant to be savored and enjoyed, don't let this beauty become a garage queen, let her throaty growl penetrate your every sense on twisty roads.

Congrats brother!

Walter..

Welcome to the Duc life memphissfinest memphissfinest !

Like fine wines aren't meant to be kept in a wine cellar, they are meant to be savored and enjoyed, don't let this beauty become a garage queen, let her throaty growl penetrate your every sense on twisty roads.

Congrats brother!

Walter..

DEFINITELY, WON'T BE A GARAGE QUEEN.

I RODE HER TO WORK TODAY. I STILL CAN'T GET OVER THE SOUND. :wow: . IT'S SO THROATY AND DEEP. CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE THE SOUND WITH TERMIS.

I THINK I LOVE IT SO MUCH BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE MY MACH.

Last edited:
Im not a Duc guy but damn that 848 look right :pimp:

As for vest, check this one out.
My buddy copped this last season for the low.
Its on closeout for $115 at STG.
http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/icon-stryker-battlescar-vest/

Blk/red for $130

OR since you got that Duc money...
Spidi Airbag Vest -$600

http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/spidi-neck-dps-airbag-vest/
Never tried one but i would be mad tempted to wear it around the crib and throw mad Macho Man elbows off ish to see how it go off.

Alpinestars also has a decent selection of vests.

If youre looking for max protection but cant deal with a full jacket due to heat or whatever id suggest an armored shirt.
I had one a few years ago made by Knox that was mesh but had CE padding in all the high impact areas (back, shoulders, elbows)
Only thing is you gotta ride around looking like a hot boy in a mesh shirt.
It was prob a bad call to wear it without a shirt under it but damn it was hot in Biloxi.
Kept me cool yet protected.
They usually run around $170-270 range.

I JUST COPPED THAT ICON VEST IN ALL BLACK ON MY LUNCH BREAK :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
I've watched countless videos and I've basically given up on it, when I ride by the kids they yell out pull it up and I ride by[emoji]128529[/emoji]

I RODE HER TO WORK TODAY. I STILL CAN'T GET OVER THE SOUND. :wow: . IT'S SO THROATY AND DEEP. CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE THE SOUND WITH TERMIS.

I THINK I LOVE IT SO MUCH BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE MACH.

Haha glad to hear! That sound will forever make you smile! Four years later I still grin from ear to ear when I pull back on that throttle. Stock is actually very tame, put some termis on, you'll really see how she growls, and they're worth every penny!

For the 848 I went with slip ons. No point in the full system as it won't be much of a difference. On a 1098, 1198, 1199, and 1299 the full system opens the exhaust pipes to 70mm, on the 848 it only goes from a 51mm (I think) to 54mm, so not much difference.

Slip ons alone will run you a pretty penny, and they sound just as good as a full system.

Walter..

The embarrassment every time. I imagine it's like the difficult conversation a man has with his wife when he hits 60 and they've been drinking wine coolers and she's in the mood but he can't get it up and he has to tell her "it's not as easy as you think :frown:"

And honestly guys...a vest will do you ZERO good in an event of a wreck. At the very minimum go with a textile jacket, leather is really the way to go.

And memphissfinest memphissfinest you have a Ducati now, gotta step it up to Dainese gear lol

Walter..

And honestly guys...a vest will do you ZERO good in an event of a wreck. At the very minimum go with a textile jacket, leather is really the way to go.

And memphissfinest memphissfinest you have a Ducati now, gotta step it up to Dainese gear lol

Walter..
100% wrong.
While it won't protected the ur upper extremities it will do what it's intended to and that's protect ur spine and chest. Most textixtle jackets provide lil support for ur back.
And I've seen at least 4 dudes paralyzed from motorcycle wrecks.
So it's up to the rider.

The embarrassment every time. I imagine it's like the difficult conversation a man has with his wife when he hits 60 and they've been drinking wine coolers and she's in the mood but he can't get it up and he has to tell her "it's not as easy as you think :frown:"
No balls :lol:
Just gotta get around some dudes that yank and practice in a safe area.
All u need to do is just inch ur way up and COVER UR FOOT BREAK!!

100% wrong.
While it won't protected the ur upper extremities it will do what it's intended to and that's protect ur spine and chest. Most textixtle jackets provide lil support for ur back.
And I've seen at least 4 dudes paralyzed from motorcycle wrecks.
So it's up to the rider.

Idk about you, but jackets I use (Dainese in particular) have inserts for chest and back protectors to do just that. Road rash is a terrible thing for anyone, and vests do nothing to protect you from it.

Of course it's up to the individual to choose what they wear when they ride, no one here is demanding they do anything.

So no, I'm not 100% wrong.

Walter..

perfect analogy

I THINK I LOVE IT SO MUCH BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE MACH.

Haha glad to hear! That sound will forever make you smile! Four years later I still grin from ear to ear when I pull back on that throttle. Stock is actually very tame, put some termis on, you'll really see how she growls, and they're worth every penny!

For the 848 I went with slip ons. No point in the full system as it won't be much of a difference. On a 1098, 1198, 1199, and 1299 the full system opens the exhaust pipes to 70mm, on the 848 it only goes from a 51mm (I think) to 54mm, so not much difference.

Slip ons alone will run you a pretty penny, and they sound just as good as a full system.

Walter..

YEA, I'M DEF GOING TO GET TERMIS. I'M ALREADY LOOKING TO CATCH SOMEONE SLIPPING ON EBAY FOR A SET OF THE TERMI SLIP ONS. DID YOU GET THE ECU AND FILTER AS WELL? I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING JUST THE SLIP ONS THEN GETTING MY STOCK ECU REMAPPED AND FORGOING THE FILTER ALTOGETHER.

Walter..

I'M GONNA BE HONEST, I GOT THE VEST MORE FOR THE "COOL" FACTOR :lol: AND ALSO BECAUSE THE TEXAS HEAT IS SO PUNISHING (100+ TEMPS FOR WEEKS STRAIGHT) . I ALREADY OWN A TEXTILE JACKET AND LEATHER JACKET FROM WHEN I HAD MY CBR.

And honestly guys... a vest will do you ZERO good in an event of a wreck.[U/] At the very minimum go with a textile jacket, leather is really the way to go.

Walter..

Idk about you, but jackets I use (Dainese in particular) have inserts for chest and back protectors to do just that. Road rash is a terrible thing for anyone, and vests do nothing to protect you from it.

Of course it's up to the individual to choose what they wear when they ride, no one here is demanding they do anything.

So no, I'm not 100% wrong.

Walter..
:lol:

Stop renigging on ur words.
I'm just arguing with u on the icon vest cuz ur giving them a bum rap.

Last edited:
:lol:

Stop renigging on ur words.
I'm just arguing with u on the icon vest cuz ur giving them a bum rap.

Listen man, I've been riding long enough to see some very nasty stuff happen to good riders. If someone asks for gear advise, I'll provide my recommendation. Vests are pretty low on that list, and I would never recommend them to anyone. If you want to argue with someone, please do so somewhere else.
I'm not telling anyone what to wear or what not to wear. I'm merely providing my opinion and recommendations. If you or anyone want to go out riding looking cool riding with no gear, that's fine with me, it won't affect me. But when someone asks for advise or opinions, I'll gladly provide mine.

Walter..

I agree. Vests are very minimal in protection. Are they better than no vest? Absolutely. I prefer a leather armored jacket myself but i dont live in the hellish southern heat. 

Back
Top Bottom