Post Your Motorcycle

IS THAT HOW THAT BIKE LOOKS STOCK? LOOKS A TRANSFORMER
laugh.gif
Lol nah looks like this stock. To each his own. By the way talking about accessories has anyone here put leds on their bike. I tried once to put a few strips but they ended up not holding very well. 

Just got off the phone with Geico. Got the most basic coverage with only liability. Comes out to $40/month.

How long would I have to wait to get a great rate with full-coverage?
With cars the cut off is 25. The company sees you as a bigger liability so I'd say after that. Now I'm not sure of the same principle with a bike though.

By the way talking about accessories has anyone here put leds on their bike. I tried once to put a few strips but they ended up not holding very well. 

I put some LEDs under my fairings and they've held up pretty well. Going on 3+ seasons.

I bought some on eBay and they came with some adhesive patches.

I don't do much night riding though but I wanted the added visibility. Doesn't look too bad either IMO.

By the way talking about accessories has anyone here put leds on their bike. I tried once to put a few strips but they ended up not holding very well. 

I put some LEDs under my fairings and they've held up pretty well. Going on 3+ seasons.

I bought some on eBay and they came with some adhesive patches.

I don't do much night riding though but I wanted the added visibility. Doesn't look too bad either IMO.

are these always on or wired to a switch?

How do y'all go about cleaning your chain? I just got a new one last year but I want to keep right.

Went to the shop a few days ago to buy some oil to do my ****. Battery died right there at the shop. Went from just buying oil to adding a new battery. Got some Motul oil, joint wasn't cheap either. Cleaned my air filters too. Bike is ready.

My boy copped a brand new 750. Under sticker price out the door and at 0% financing. **** was crazy. He copped the red and plastic black. Nice as hell.

Last edited:
Looking to add some high intensity reflective tape to the rims of my bike. Anyone have some recommendations?
http://www.customtaylor33.com/story/
How do y'all go about cleaning your chain? I just got a new one last year but I want to keep right.

Went to the shop a few days ago to buy some oil to do my ****. Battery died right there at the shop. Went from just buying oil to adding a new battery. Got some Motul oil, joint wasn't cheap either. Cleaned my air filters too. Bike is ready.

My boy copped a brand new 750. Under sticker price out the door and at 0% financing. **** was crazy. He copped the red and plastic black. Nice as hell.
Clean and lube it every 500 miles. Here's a great video 

Remember to adjust and align your chains frequently to help with wear on both your chain, sprocket, as well as your tires.

Yeah the video shared is pretty good. I definitely can attest to the effectiveness of kerosene over other cleaners. I've tried both and the kerosene is SO MUCH BETTER (cheaper too). That Grunge Brush is pretty convenient too.

As for what lube to use. I personally use DuPont Chain Saver. I used Maxima Chain Wax before too and I liked it, but DuPont was easier to find and cheaper ($7 at WalMart vs. $10+ for Maxima).

Whats up guys. Ive fallen into the habit of dipping my helmet every month or so. Really love how this one turned out. 

Anybody here living in an apartment without a garage and owning a bike? How do you keep it safe? I think that's the only thing holding me back from purchasing a bike.

I'm in a 2nd floor apartment with one parking spot belonging to me, I feel like I could park my car in a guest spot and keep the bike in my regular spot but it doesn't seem like a permanent solution.

I live in lower Manhattan and I just park my bike on the street. I'm very lucky that my block has quite a few amount of bikes parked so i feel a little safer. It does suck when some cars tries to squeeze and knock the bike down. If I know I won't be riding for a few days, I just park on the sidewalk and chain it up. No problems so far.

I just park on the sidewalk and chain it up. No problems so far.

i chain my bike to a concrete streetlight er'day and put it under a motorcycle cover...its like a routine i do more for my peace of mind than a serious security measure, parking on the street where i stay is almost an invitation for it to get knocked over

^ that looks pretty cool. What kinda paint did you use?

Im tempted to dip my helmet as well as it is bright orange.
That helmet looks real good. What did you use?
Thanks guys! Just used a few different colors of Plasti dip from my local Lowes. If you dont like the results you can just pull it off. I actually just spray it with the face shield on and then remove the dip from the shield after its dry. Kinda fun for me to switch it up every coupple months. 

Anybody here living in an apartment without a garage and owning a bike? How do you keep it safe? I think that's the only thing holding me back from purchasing a bike.

I'm in a 2nd floor apartment with one parking spot belonging to me, I feel like I could park my car in a guest spot and keep the bike in my regular spot but it doesn't seem like a permanent solution.
I live on the 10th floor, when I first got my bike I parked it next to my TV

Now its outside with a Kryptonite wheel lock on each wheel under a bike cover. Can't wait to get a house with a garage.

Last edited:

I live on the 10th floor, when I first got my bike I parked it next to my TV

Now its outside with a Kryptonite wheel lock on each wheel under a bike cover. Can't wait to get a house with a garage.

HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET IT UP TO THE 10TH FLOOR? :lol:

MY CBR600RR WAS STOLEN FROM MY APARTMENT COMPLEX. THAT FEELING WHEN YOU GETTING READY TO GO RIDE WITH YOUR BOYS AND SEE YOUR BIKE IS GONE :frown:

WAITED UNTIL I BOUGHT MY HOUSE TO GET THE DUCATI. :pimp: :pimp:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, son. I'm dying. Hahahaha. That's mad work doing that every time. I can't even imagine. Hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom