Post Your Motorcycle

anyone already prepping for this upcoming season? I have a few items im looking to buy for the upcoming season which will be my 3rd

Looking to cop
-bluetooth helmet
-heated jacket or liner
-heated gloves or liner
-battery tender
-slip on exhaust

Extras
-leather racing jacket
-heated pants
-rear fender eliminator

But in amped for a good riding season going to attempt to take more trips and do more then just circling around hit up meets and see more bikes

Last edited:
oh man, i should've posted more in this thread. i had a Gsxr 750 last year. I rode my bike almost every day here in wisconsin. limited bike season here , i envy you cali and fl ridders. i put close 6k miles during the season. my baby was stolen in September. insurance paid it off. finally looking into grabbing another used bike, going tomorrow to buy this. it has 17k miles, dealer asking 4999. hopefully i can get at 4-4500

Last edited:
oh man, i should've posted more in this thread. i had a Gsxr 750 last year. I rode my bike almost every day here in wisconsin. limited bike season here , i envy you cali and fl ridders. i put close 6k miles during the season. my baby was stolen in September. insurance paid it off. finally looking into grabbing another used bike, going tomorrow to buy this. it has 17k miles, dealer asking 4999. hopefully i can get at 4-4500
Good call on the mostly stock bike.
Less likely hood of issues.
#GixxerNation

Last edited:
Taking the MSF course for spring break.

How hard is the riding test? Any tips?

Is balancing/turning on a motorcycle anything like a bike? Someone wrote that here before...

I rode a lot of bicycles when I was younger so my sense of balance is really good in terms of bicycles.

Is balancing/turning on a motorcycle anything like a bike? Someone wrote that here before...

I rode a lot of bicycles when I was younger so my sense of balance is really good in terms of bicycles.
I think it's pretty similar. I've actually heard of courses that make you prove your skills on a bicycle before you can even get on a motorcycle. I didn't think the test was hard at all. If I remember correctly no one in my group failed.

Good luck!

I think it's pretty similar. I've actually heard of courses that make you prove your skills on a bicycle before you can even get on a motorcycle. I didn't think the test was hard at all. If I remember correctly no one in my group failed.

when i took the msf it was a 2 day course, half the days in class, the other halves on the course...the test was not super difficult, in fact i've been told the msf test is substantially easier than what they make you do @ a dmv to get your license...may not be true though

it is a little bit like riding a bicycle, but faster & with the added complexity of a throttle control (probably the thing you most have to get used to) & shifting gears...similar to a bicycle a motorcycle behaves differently at slow speed than at faster speeds...

being smooth (no chopping or stuttering) and confident with everything is something i remember being good advice

i've been thinking about moving to FL or TX just so I can ride year round. Bike looks nice too.

Just copped a 2007 CBR600RR today. Never ridden a bike in my life and that trip from Herndon to Upper Marlboro was real...My wrists are sore and after awhile it hurt to even pull in the clutch so I mainly stayed in 3rd gear and avoided routes with the most stoplights. Is this normal, or something I'd get used to? That one hour trip took me almost 3 hours because I stopped twice to rest a bit. Also, how long did it take you all to get comfortable on your bike?

Last edited:
Just copped a 2007 CBR600RR today. Never ridden a bike in my life and that trip from Herndon to Upper Marlboro was real...My wrists are sore and after awhile it hurt to even pull in the clutch so I mainly stayed in 3rd gear and avoided routes with the most stoplights. Is this normal, or something I'd get used to? That one hour trip took me almost 3 hours because I stopped twice to rest a bit. Also, how long did it take you all to get comfortable on your bike?
Happens to erryone when they begin. It's nervousnes of the body n being tense while riding. Add the use of the wrist n u get beat real quick. After gettin confident on the bike u will be less tense. Ur wrist will get stronger also. To this day I still get wrist fatigue n cramps from riding all day.

Dope bike btw
N props for erryone cawpin a bike during the winter n saving guap :pimp:

Last edited:
Holla.  I expect to see you out and about when it warms up champ.  I'm right here by the Court House in Upper Marlboro.  

Damn, from Herndon to Upper Marlboro. That's a hike for this weather. You brave for that. You were on 66 and 495?

07 is my favorite year for the CBR

congrats on the cbr :smokin

try using your legs to grip the tank to support you rather than putting all the weight on your wrist

get some stomp grip too, it helps

Happens to erryone when they begin. It's nervousnes of the body n being tense while riding. Add the use of the wrist n u get beat real quick. After gettin confident on the bike u will be less tense. Ur wrist will get stronger also. To this day I still get wrist fatigue n cramps from riding all day.

Dope bike btw

This man knows the deal!!!...

Dope bike btw
Thx bruh :smokin

Holla.  I expect to see you out and about when it warms up champ.  I'm right here by the Court House in Upper Marlboro.  
Mos def..I'll be out every chance I get, even took it to work today. I'm right off dowerhouse rd.

Damn, from Herndon to Upper Marlboro. That's a hike for this weather. You brave for that. You were on 66 and 495?

07 is my favorite year for the CBR
I took 66 to Rosslyn to stop at my old job and rest for awhile. I wanted to take 495 but I missed the exit.

congrats on the cbr :smokin

try using your legs to grip the tank to support you rather than putting all the weight on your wrist

get some stomp grip too, it helps
Will do...I'll be purchasing some decent gear also with some of this tax money coming in.

Last edited:
Thx bruh:smokin
Mos def..I'll be out every chance I get, even took it to work today. I'm right off dowerhouse rd.
I took 66 to Rosslyn to stop at my old job and rest for awhile. I wanted to take 495 but I missed the exit.
Will do...I'll be purchasing some decent gear also with some of this tax money coming in.
you can have some fun today too since little no traffic for the holiday 

Last edited:
I'm planning on taking my permit exam either this week or next week. Anyone have any recommendations on when I should take my MSF course. I live in NYC the cold is what I'm trying to avoid. Also is it true that during the MSF course if you drop one of their bikes they can kick you out the class.

I'm planning on taking my permit exam either this week or next week. Anyone have any recommendations on when I should take my MSF course. I live in NYC the cold is what I'm trying to avoid. Also is it true that during the MSF course if you drop one of their bikes they can kick you out the class.

I'd suggest taking it in the spring if you can. I'm in NJ and I took it in August and it was too HOT. My class required long sleeves and full gloves at all times so that didn't help. They also never have you go much faster than 30mph and that was only for maybe 10 minutes for me.

As for dropping the bike, a few guys in my group put the bike down and one guy even had his bike slide about 10 feet. Luckily dude was alright and he even passed. My instructors seemed more concerned about the student's safety than the condition of the bike. Dude that lay the bike down just had to sign a waiver.

That's just my personal experience, YMMV. I took the course through my local Harley dealer if that helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom