Post Your Motorcycle

I trust myself in the rain, it's other drivers I don't trust.

If I know it's gonna rain I don't take the bike out. If I get caught I. The rain, the only time I'll stop is if it's really pouring. It is a little refreshing to be in the rain.

Rain riding is cool. Had a lot of fish tail moments though. It sucks if you are going to work and have no change of clothes smh.

Don't the rain be hurting like pin needles/bb pellets? I rode with no gear on that day so maybe that's why.

I trust myself in the rain, it's other drivers I don't trust.

If I know it's gonna rain I don't take the bike out. If I get caught I. The rain, the only time I'll stop is if it's really pouring. It is a little refreshing to be in the rain.

definitely understand that, it is hard enough outchea when the conditions are great! i just love being on 2 wheels no matter the weather, if i had a suitable bike i'd prolly ride through the winter

Rain riding is cool. Had a lot of fish tail moments though. It sucks if you are going to work and have no change of clothes smh.

Don't the rain be hurting like pin needles/bb pellets? I rode with no gear on that day so maybe that's why.

yea, definitely have to be careful with that rear brake in the wet, being too generous with it can make fishtailing more likely...yup, no gear and a bit of speed and and the raindrops feel like getting nicked by a bunch pebbles...

definitely understand that, it is hard enough outchea when the conditions are great! i just love being on 2 wheels no matter the weather, if i had a suitable bike i'd prolly ride through the winter
yea, definitely have to be careful with that rear brake in the wet, being too generous with it can make fishtailing more likely...yup, no gear and a bit of speed and and the raindrops feel like getting nicked by a bunch pebbles...
Along these lines...I got stuck behind a dump truck full of salt on the highway and that **** hurt bad until i could pass. Admittedly i was just wearing a tshirt and jeans. Ive been riding fall ready ever since. 

Went for my first ride today fambs

t0ngx3.jpg

20qgex3.jpg

Really diggin the new XRS900. Hope the XRS700 makes it to the states too.
Yes the xrs are a dope bike! Im a sucker for naked Ducatis and the XRS definitely have that feel. I have a Monster now but i was a Yamaha fan back in the day...might have to switch back in the future. 

Really diggin the new XRS900. Hope the XRS700 makes it to the states too.
We're just getting the XSR900. If you REALLY want an XSR700 you might have to get an FZ-07 and mod it lol. Yamaha makes some dumb decisions. Im just hoping we get the MT-10 which would be the FZ-10

Yes the xrs are a dope bike! Im a sucker for naked Ducatis and the XRS definitely have that feel. I have a Monster now but i was a Yamaha fan back in the day...might have to switch back in the future. 

Yeah it would be a struggle Ducati for me, but I would not be complaining.

We're just getting the XSR900. If you REALLY want an XSR700 you might have to get an FZ-07 and mod it lol. Yamaha makes some dumb decisions. Im just hoping we get the MT-10 which would be the FZ-10

I like the FZ-07 as it is. Just looking at the reviews on the XSR900 and it appears to take FZ-09 and make it much better. I feel like Yamaha would do the same with the FZ-07 into an XSR700.

Still can't believe there isn't a FZ6R rework. It's going on 6+ years with no changes.

Weather has been  
nthat.gif
 here in Jersey the past couple days.

Unfortunately drivers still suck.

Almost got hit by a semi on I-80 and he was driving without a mirror 
mean.gif

Then while I was making a left turn some guy decides he can "lane split" with his Chevy Equinox and he pulls up extremely close to me on my right. This was at a one lane intersection. Guy had the nerve to honk at me and flip me off too...
mean.gif

Felt good to be back on two wheels though

Last edited:
^ :wow: what year is that? Clean!

Thanks!

It started off as an '04 GS500F but I lowsided after having the bike for 2 weeks :smile:{). I believe the fairings and gas tank I found on eBay are from a 2007. I also put on a Delkevic exhaust last year. I know it's a beginner bike, but I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon.

Before:

After:

Last edited:
Although I pretty much just started, a couple of recent YouTube vids & stories are really making me consider strictly track riding. I know you can still get hurt/killed, but at least you won't have to worry about cars. Might have to try out a beginner course this summer and see how I like it.

Yeah it would be a struggle Ducati for me, but I would not be complaining.

I like the FZ-07 as it is. Just looking at the reviews on the XSR900 and it appears to take FZ-09 and make it much better. I feel like Yamaha would do the same with the FZ-07 into an XSR700.

Still can't believe there isn't a FZ6R rework. It's going on 6+ years with no changes.

saw one of these the other day, with this dope color scheme, hadn't seen one in person up until then, the fz-07 is nice to look at

Although I pretty much just started, a couple of recent YouTube vids & stories are really making me consider strictly track riding. I know you can still get hurt/killed, but at least you won't have to worry about cars. Might have to try out a beginner course this summer and see how I like it.

definitely understand why some decide they'd rather keep the two riding to track days, the streets can be really chaotic & unpredictable, especially compared the the more controlled environment of the track, i would think it gets expensive if done on a regular basis though it is the best place/way to test your own limits, if so inclined, on the bike.

it is all about how much risk you are willing to take, though anything can happen out on the streets with people in their armored shells of cars, things like riding attentively, within your limits, wearing all your gear, with an emphasis to being as visible as possible to the people you share the road with, you maybe lower the chance that something bad happens...of course it doesn't eliminate that chance but...c'est la vie, eh?

What kind of gear is everyone wearing? My Alpinestars SMX2 gloves just ripped on me. How do you guys like Icon Jackets?

What kind of gear is everyone wearing? My Alpinestars SMX2 gloves just ripped on me. How do you guys like Icon Jackets?

Using A-Stars SMX-1 Air Gloves. They're great for warm weather riding, but the materials are made of mostly fabrics. Which over time will fray and create many visible lint balls.

Riding with the Icon HyperSport Prime jacket. I absolutely LOVE this jacket. Had a fall not too long ago and the jacket held up VERY well. Doesn't even look like I took a fall to be honest. It has an aggressive look/cut. I've gotten many compliments on it. Very happy with the purchase.

As for my helmet, I'm using the Shoei RF-1200 in Matte Black. Honestly, what's there to say about this helmet that hasn't already been said? One of the best premium helmets out there.

Last edited:
^what about those posers who don't race?
It's a look.
Everyone likes there bike a certain way.
When i see a stretched busa with ground effects n a fat *** tire stretch... :wow: :pimp: I get a chub :lol:
It has its benefits... Not much in street but it does.

Back
Top Bottom