Post your NCAA Tournament Selections..(Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final 4, Nat'l 'Ship, Cinderellas, Upsets)

dre, that's it. every year, tons of people chalk that thing up, it's "March MADNESS" for a reason. i may tweak it a little, but itwon't be much different. takes me about 1 minute to fill it out, "think long, think wrong."

i've always put Kentucky in the middle since i was a kid, it's tradition.
laugh.gif
i'm not a big bracket nerd, i watch the tourney for the games and hope for all upsets. i don't care about my bracket, i don't needto win my pool to validate anything.

besides:

2cy2q80.jpg

i picked Kentucky to win it all that year too, we were an 8 seed and lost to Kansas in the second round.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

yeah, the Pitt love, hell the Big East period, is getting a little out of control.

i'm not so sure Pitt will even make it past MSU (assuming they don't lose to Temple)

LOL. Theyre pound for pound the BEST conference in america.

smh.gif
at me for just putting Pitt in the final four for all 3 of my brackets. Nowim really relying on them

Gooo PITTTTTT!

PLZ?

frown.gif

56% of people on facebook have UNC in the title game...
laugh.gif

not that I think it's wrong or a bad pick. Just an absurd percentage.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

laugh.gif

I want to put Tennessee or Uconn.

Allen, you honestly think Dorsey is better than Blair? Blair may be undersized as a center but skill wise he's better than Dorsey. Maybe if Dorsey shut upand focused on the game, he'll be a factor but I just don't see him doing anything.

Take what I'm saying for what you want.

I think they're pretty much the same player..

except Dorsey's strength and athleticism negates Blairs stregths (strength and rebounding)...Dorsey is a better defender.

Blair has a better offensive game, although nothing to write home about at this point.

Complaints around Dorsey are inconsistency...which Blair is inconsistent too...but it isn't talked about because he's a freshmen.

Blair will be a better college player down the road, but not right now.

Biggs development has been good for Pitt's frontline tho

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Some thoughts i got going on

Arizona to the elite 8

The Arizona pick is making me think so much. I like how they match up against WVU and Duke. I think Xavier might struggle to even get past Purdue.

Arizona matches up VERY well with Duke if they can get past WVU. Elite 8 is not out of the question

Sweet 16-
UNC
Wash St
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Kansas
Clemson
Wisconson
Georgetown
Memphis
Pittsburgh
Marquette
Texas
UCLA
UConn
Xavier
Duke

Elite 8-
UNC
Tennessee
Kansas
Georgetown
Memphis
Marquette
UConn
Xavier

Final 4-
Tennesse
Georgetown
Memphis
Xavier

Championship-
Memphis over Tennessee

YO!
laugh.gif
Well they're the #1 favorited team. And ESPN is pretty high, too. That's why it was incomprehensible to me that this thread went like 4 or5 pages with no one picking them. They're certainly no lock... but they're among only about 5 teams that I can seriously see winning it all. DF!!!

Put Jay Bilas down for the Siena bandwagon.

My dude saw them in the barbershop today...they're ready to go
pimp.gif

Can someone school me on Siena.

I already picked Vandy but i can change it..... I just want to know what Siena is all about

I have them beating Vandy and right now I think they have a legit chance at beating Clemson as well.

They are a sleeper team if there ever was one

Siena is good.....they won me some money this season gambling so i'm familiar with them

you brainwashed me, allen ...
laugh.gif
...they got this
pimp.gif

jville...

From the CBB post (first craftsy then my write up)

Siena (MAAC - 17/32)

RPI - 78
10-6 Road/neutral
Only real noteworthy win is vs Stanford - albeit, that's a pretty good win for anybody.
Over half their wins are vs teams ranked 200+, which is to be expected from a lower tier conference I suppose.
Won't go into much about their actual players, i'd be doing a bad job of it and insulting their biggest fan here (allen, wanna help me out with a quick overview for the people?)
This team protects the ball as well as anybody in the country, 4th in turnovers.. They don't shoot a ton of 3's, but they make a high percentage of the ones they take...
on the other end of that, they cause a lot of turnovers defensively.
Their defense however, is not all that impressive overall - they give up a TON of offensive rebounds, and don't defend the 3 ball well at all. They don't foul much though, so that's another positive for them.. just seems teams shoot really well against them in general.
Height-wise - this is one of the smaller teams in the country.

Fill in the gaps there Allen
wink.gif

I don't know what Boise State is with RPI or anything, but they went out there and smacked them during the Bracket Buster...beginning thenthey've hit their stride....and they are fully healthy now

Edwin Ubiles, only a sophomore has NBA potential, maybe I say that being biased, but I truly think so. 6'7 with a full offensive game.

Alex Franklin is their undersized post player...he battles and has some big time games. He can put the ball on the floor and create some match up problems.

Josh Duell, experienced...was on the UVM team that beat Cuse...skilled for his size, what he lacks in ability and athleticism he makes up for in smarts.

Ronald Moore...probably the X factor at PG...when he takes care of the ball and doesn't force things, they're great. An odd looking jumper but gets okresults

Kenny Hasbrouck....the go to guy...you're prototypical 6'4 scoring 2 guard.

Tay Fisher....like I said, when he gets open looks...count it.

IF they want to knock someone off, the matchup will have to be favorable in the frontcourt. As you said the rebounding and defense can be atrocious at times

On the perimeter and in the open court, they'll hang with a high seed. Hasbrouck and Ubiles are Big East caliber players;

Fran is a pretty good coach, it's a group that only has one senior but after some big games this year and making the MAAC final last year has someseasoning.

I've been sayin they'll pull an upset all year, so no reason to back off that....just yet, unless the matchup is not a good one

And I think Vandy ended up being a good match up...away from home, they are quite different. Only won at Georgia and SC on the road in conference play. Sienawent out to Boise State in the bracket buster and won, a good sign.

The game will be high scoring, and should be close.

Damn a lot of love for Siena!! Couple of my friends go there... i party there sometimes on the weekend... its like 5 minutes from my apt.

I have them going to the Elite 8... theyre my big risk... if they can get by Vandy, i dont think Clemson is good enough from the line to compete more than around or 2 into the tourney... as for Kansas... well, that will be a little bit harder.......

Can anybody see Xavier winning it all? I like teams that can shoot FTs and threes. They are one of the best at both.

need a big favor...can someone give me a photoshop of tyler hansburger with the "did you mean: Overrated?"....cause thats exactly what DJ White isgonna prove on saturday

I can't. No go to guy. Josh Duncan is a nice player on the frontline, but..

to get out of that region they'd either have to deal with UCLA or in a long shot..Uconn. Too much size. IMO.

I can see them in the Elite 8 tho.

Nice how Duke got a 2 seed and they don't have any size on their half of the bracket.

Back
Top Bottom