Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Sunny D Orange

Attachments

• 1FD15AB6-6CE2-43F6-BEE4-CE9A5BB55A82.jpeg
    1FD15AB6-6CE2-43F6-BEE4-CE9A5BB55A82.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 52
  • C9BBBDCE-8353-44B6-9E46-B5A2EF2278B8.jpeg
    C9BBBDCE-8353-44B6-9E46-B5A2EF2278B8.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 97
The two tone tigers gone in 60 seconds. Why can’t they make more of these hats? I guess there’s a thin line between too many and just enough for that sellout allure.

Maybe New Era is limiting retailers the quantities they get? Unless, your store is “tier zero” of hats, then you’d probably get more stock than smaller ones. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Size 7 was gone in less than 10 sec smh.

The thing I learned about custom shops like Hatclub or whatever other site is they pay for the orders in advance. So let's say they get charged $5 a hat to produce 1000 of them, they gotta shell out the $5k when the production order is placed. So if hatclub has a week with 30 hats releasing, they're paying in the ball park of $150k for that weeks drop. Obviously they make that back instantly since everything sells out but it would be hard for them to double inventory because their cost of operation would be way more.

And then years ago, stuff that does sit, you’re stuck with it. They’re also ordering in advance of 2-4 months out too. Pre orders appear to be the way to go honestly. They haven’t done it in awhile though. Years ago, many of the HC inventory went on sale to $19.99 so they could get in new inventory as they dumped the old. They still sort of do that but not at the same level.

I hit on the two tone but wonder if my process is efficient enough. Is Apple Pay the way to go? I tend to take 20-45 seconds to check out, apply coupon code, hit PayPal, enter password, and then change the shipping method. So far I’ve been lucky no one likes the size I choose.
Does Apple Pay use your finger print for an instant checkout? Seems like I need to be quicker.
Lots of Ny area shops tend to sit on the grey unders. I feel they buy in bulk at a better discount but don’t want to go too crazy. HC may be the same way. Not sure they have perfected their method. They could offer pre orders same day as their sell outs. They’re missing out on a lot of impulse buyers.

The issue is theyre focused too much on the quantity of releases.

Last edited:
The issue is theyre focused too much on the quantity of releases.
duh HC is a business. they felt what it was like during the snapback/dad hat era

they know fitted are the wave right now and wanna cash out as much as they can

preorders are going away due to charge backs. then they cry about not being able to cop

why should they focus on anything but quantity when ppl are eating up any slop they drop and ask for seconds

duh HC is a business. they felt what it was like during the snapback/dad hat era

they know fitted are the wave right now and wanna cash out as much as they can

preorders are going away due to charge backs. then they cry about not being able to cop

why should they focus on anything but quantity when ppl are eating up any slop they drop and ask for seconds

I get that. You’re right to a certain extent. But, they can scale back the variety a bit, and still sellout, by focusing on stocking more of the quality hats at once. Just because you’re a business and trying to cash out, doesn’t meant you have to release a bunch of junk.

I get that. You’re right to a certain extent. But, they can scale back the variety a bit, and still sellout, by focusing on stocking more of the quality hats at once. Just because you’re a business and trying to cash out, doesn’t meant you have to release a bunch of junk.
i wish i lived in a world where businesses did for the love, but instead i live in a world of fast and the furious 19
HC like a wife w two kids. giving u the bare min and cashing checks. nothing personal just bidnazz

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 10.44.17 PM.png

:rofl:

easy money. remember how much better nikes got when ye jumped ship and came with that yeezy/ultra boost wave

Last edited:
HC used to have 6 caps that released and nearly lasted 3-4 hours, with many sizes sitting for weeks. We’re coming up on a year from when fitteds became super popular. Not sure they want to change anything. These sites like what they have apparently.

although I did call it. It seemed like some releases were set lower than others. I wish quantities available was a thing they shared.

Last edited:
it may to HC advantage to keep that close to the vest
True. I didn’t think resellers would look at that but they would.

You can actually add 25 hats of each size and then see updated inventory of their lesser desirable releases. Some that sit for days have 5-16 available in a variety of sizes. I’m wondering if these quick sellouts have less of that? I swear they only ever have one or two 7 7/8s. It’s just funny some of their grey under general releases sit for 12 months, but other releases are gone within 2 minutes. It doesn’t exactly make sense.

I didn’t realize the city connect Red Sox merchandise and caps were rare. I’m seeing upwards of $200 on sold caps. I’m hustling backwards. Those sat for 2-5 days.

Watch, the city connect Nike city series wave is about to be worse than HC here in a month or two. And then HC is about to make Red Sox UCLA bruins customs here in a month or two

I’m all for a Red Sox fitted but that light blue and yellow combo ain’t doing it for me.
All Carolina blue, yes
All yellow, mostly yes.
Mix the 2, no thanks.

New pickup

Here’s a classic example of the mess up and ultimate failure of the lids retro classic lineup from a few years back.

Here’s what should’ve been a 1997 era Anaheim angels Disney look
8AECB136-8781-40C5-A438-ADFF43C6F4E8.jpeg

Seems decent enough until you compare with the real thing

36FCC0C9-9600-45D8-8DD3-D713F51F76BD.jpeg

At least try.
The logo is too small
They use the wrong shade of baby blue outline
It shouldn’t be a completely flat replicated logo
It’s missing a top light blue button.
The damn hat should be light navy (it’s dark navy or straight up black).

I should’ve just bought the mickeys place custom. I can’t find one of these in original form to save my life.

Just got this.
HH lists it as 100% Wool. It is actually Poly crown/Wool Visor. Kinda disappointed in that, but the hat looks and fits great. So, it is what it is.
ED4D5AB3-64F5-4169-93A7-23BC0904D4FA.jpeg
Yeah
This ones a weird one too

I have two different retros

one is listed as 86% poly/14% wool. I think it’s older so it doesn’t list the crown or visor differences. My guess is 84% poly crown/ 16% wool visor. But the older retros are vague.
The other lists crown as poly, and visor as wool. I wanna say the Mariners two tone is like this along many others. It’s fairly common and sellers don’t look at what they’re selling. It’s all imported or MUSA marked and no one questions it.

HC used to list when their caps were made in the USA.
But then it all shifted away and they stopped posting any of that as sales went up 8000% lol.

Last edited:
New pickup

Here’s a classic example of the mess up and ultimate failure of the lids retro classic lineup from a few years back.

Here’s what should’ve been a 1997 era Anaheim angels Disney look
8AECB136-8781-40C5-A438-ADFF43C6F4E8.jpeg

Seems decent enough until you compare with the real thing

36FCC0C9-9600-45D8-8DD3-D713F51F76BD.jpeg

At least try.
The logo is too small
They use the wrong shade of baby blue outline
It shouldn’t be a completely flat replicated logo
It’s missing a top light blue button.
The damn hat should be light navy (it’s dark navy or straight up black).

I should’ve just bought the mickeys place custom. I can’t find one of these in original form to save my life.

Too bad you're nowhere near my size. Had an original that I sent to donations years ago.

HC low key dropped some more more colored unders including a 94 tigers with 05 asg and orange under. They actually sat for longer than 6 minutes. No one told anyone they were releasing apparently.

Back
Top Bottom