Post your small world stories

Cant sleep for some reason, keep thinking bout life and stuff nahmean. Well i got to thinking bout instances where i just had to say "wow what a small world" in response to learning about certain people.

For example, and this is just a local tale, but in first grade one of my good friends was some trick name cristal. we shared prepubescent laughs , mostly about crayola and glue or whatever but then she moved. Fast forward 10 years im in gym class with my boy (hes from da bx, i stay in bk) and we were talking bout bitties and he shows me his current piece. im like wth she looks familiar and sure enough it is her. Sorry this isnt a tale bout how i smashed, Just a funny little small world moment.

Might be the lack of sleep but what really fascinates me about all this is when i start to think deeply about the different paths we are all on, all tbe people ive met in my life. We are all on a different path, but ever so often do our paths cross. This thing called life is so interesting and unpredictable. Stay with me, but think about this. In 5 years from now, you might be having a conversation with someone you walked by 5 years ago, and never know it. Isnt life amazing in that sense ?

means you gotta be nice to ppl really. never know who knows who and what they have to say about you to them...

i lived in vancouver for a year. i was in grade 5 @ the time. years later i see one of my classmates at a buffet in my current city. she was visiting but i didnt know. was cool that we were at the same place at the same time.

boring yes.

I have two.
Working at best buy I meet people all the time. A lady and her husband are looking around so I ask if I could help them. They said they were just looking but as soon as I start walking off the says that I look really familiar. She ask who my dad , so I tell her. Come to find out her dad is my half brother's godfather. After talking for a little while I find out she is one of my best friends cousin.

Now.this one is crazy but it involves my dad ,not me.
We vacationed in Disneyworld about two years ago. Having a great time with the family. We were at the nightly parade trying to find a goodspot. My dad (who is a car salesman) bumps into an older Mexican dude with his family. While watching my dad begins to make small talk with this stranger. After about an hour I hear my dad curse in amazement. Come to find out this guy who he randomly bumped into was a friend he hasn't seen in 40 years. They're both from a very small town in Mexico . The guy lives in Orlando and after disneyworld the guy invited us to his house for some.good food.

Went to visit my friend at college and turns out the dude next door to him is someone I used to be friends with at the first high school I went to. It was so weird/random seein him walk through the door

This ones pretty nuts. When i lived in England I had this teacer, Mr. Jones. He had a very feminine voice. Fast forward 5 years and I'm living in Michigan. There's this kid and his last name is also Jones. We're talkin one day and I mention that I had a teacher with that name and they kinda do look alike. He tells me his mom's brother is a teacher in England and that he's his nephew. I believed him but kids always lie so I dunno. If it is true, its pretty crazy.

im a waiter. one night i started small talking with one of my guests. we find out we're from the same city, then the same neighborhood, then the same street, then THE SAME HOUSE!. her parents built the house i currently live in. her childhood handprints are still on the sidewalk in the backyard and she's over 50 now. she could describe everything about my house. was pretty cool story and RANDOM.

I started to hook up with this one girl in thailand outside a club Just touchy feely stuff nothing major. She didnt want to come back to my place cuz it was 20 mins away and she was leaving in morning. Never got her contact info or anything and then 3 months later I am in the airport in london and I see this girl staring at me. Then It takes me minute or two then I am like AHHH, and then we say what up and stuff and exchange info and what not.

My ex's mother and my older sister both worked together and didn't know about eachother until a couple months after we broke up. My ex's mom walked into my sisters office to get some paper work signed and saw a pic of me and her on her desk.

Originally Posted by jubril

I started to hook up with this one girl in thailand outside a club Just touchy feely stuff nothing major. She didnt want to come back to my place cuz it was 20 mins away and she was leaving in morning. Never got her contact info or anything and then 3 months later I am in the airport in london and I see this girl staring at me. Then It takes me minute or two then I am like AHHH, and then we say what up and stuff and exchange info and what not.
Did she whip her penis out?

When I was a freshman in HS in the BX, there was this one kid i always seen around then he randomly disappeared. Fast forward 2 years, I moved to Massachusetts and while walking around the school over there I see the same kid. I had a class with him the following year and it really did turn out to be the same dude. Small world.

Calvin Johnson's dads works for me. yeah, he still works. Hardest worker i've got. I tell him all the time, that if I was him, i would have retired long time ago. And what's even crazier, I was talking to him one day and found out that I used to date his nephew.

talked to a random chick in high school, thought she was dope. found out she's my distant cousin. all bad got outta there

EDIT: plus i think there was another thread like this

Back
Top Bottom