Post Your Unpopular Opinions Vol. Sports & Training

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

-Mark Sanchez will NOT be the Jets starter by week 10.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

People who don't like baseball have short attention spans and aren't as intelligent as those who do.
my man
pimp.gif

mine:

- ken griffey jr is likely dirty (it kills me to say this)
- in general, basketball players are overrated as elite athletes
- golf would be an easy sport to make a living off of (not dominate, but make a living) if people could afford to not work and not go to school so they could just practice all day, every day for a couple years
- sam adams octoberfest is the goat seasonal beer
- MLS isn't nearly as bad as the average "box score watching, ESPN headline reading" sports fan thinks

I don't know if this is necessarily unpopular on NT, but I've been wanting to say this for awhile.

How the fuh do people watch Nascar? You literally turn left for two hours.

Tiger Woods' ex-caddy is the most annoying SOB ever, he acts like Tiger cheated on him too. You're a damn caddy, shut up.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

You payed attention to that?
OK...when Jones gets his 2nd GG, then what?  What will that tell you about advanced stats?  Trust me....I've seen this dude raked thru the coals by O's fans because of his defense.  I love everything he brings to the table.  If he wins a GG, so be it....advanced stats be damned. 

Adam is elite. I wasnt saying anything different. I was just curious as to why you paid attention to O's fans spewing the garbage thinking that their FO operates with.

Ahh....ok, gotcha. 

(and I agree w. you)

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

Tiger Woods' ex-caddy is the most annoying SOB ever, he acts like Tiger cheated on him too. You're a damn caddy, shut up.

good lord, this dude.. first off how the hell do caddies get 10%?

secondly, how much money did this dude win off of tiger?

Originally Posted by Statis22

As of August 16, 2011, Novak Djokovic is the most dominant athlete on the planet.

Rafa is still better. #!%@ a ranking..

OK...when Jones gets his 2nd GG, then what?  What will that tell you about advanced stats?  Trust me....I've seen this dude raked thru the coals by O's fans because of his defense.  I love everything he brings to the table.  If he wins a GG, so be it....advanced stats be damned. 

Adam is elite. I wasnt saying anything different. I was just curious as to why you paid attention to O's fans spewing the garbage thinking that their FO operates with.

Ahh....ok, gotcha. 

(and I agree w. you)

Macphail was in Chicago for 14 years believe me I know, although the Vets were prob more Buck's idea
I got another one. If actually clean Bonds between 1990 and 1998 was the best run were ever going to see of the prior 20 years and the post 20 years.
Think about it averaged 36 hr's 36 steals 305 ba 436 ob% 600 slugging.

drose is overrated...he is good but i dont get why everyone is all up on his sack like he is the best EVER!!

here in chicago drose everything...i even heard ppl say that he is better then MJ

Originally Posted by Caerus

As of August 16, 2011, Novak Djokovic is the most dominant athlete on the planet.

If im not mistaken he hasnt lost to him this year.

Using a Super Bowl win when comparing two players is a complete cop-out. A Super Bowl MVP is one thing, but a Super Bowl ring shouldn't be brought into the equation. The teams are too large, and they have too many pieces. The NFL isn't the NBA.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

soccer>>>>>>
I hate the term soccer. I never use it IRL (I would get my face smashed in), and try very hard to not use it on the internet. I also hate the title "Ultimate Soccer Thread".... it's football (footy or futbol if you really don't want to confuse others). It's not like anyone would think it's about American football anyway.

Anyways, soccer = wack.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by LA KB24

.i even heard ppl say that he is better then MJ

Aight now you're just making +%+# up... 
laugh.gif

im not really. there are ppl here in chicago who dont know nothing about basketball which just jump on the bulls because they had a great season say that he is the best ever in chicago to play and that United Center is the home of Drose.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Using a Super Bowl win when comparing two players is a complete cop-out. A Super Bowl MVP is one thing, but a Super Bowl ring shouldn't be brought into the equation. The teams are too large, and they have too many pieces. The NFL isn't the NBA.
Agreed 100%.

Originally Posted by Caerus

I'm a big Rafa fan but Djoker is better RIGHT NOW. Dude's meteoric rise to #1 during this past year hasn't been seen since, well Nadal.

Anyways,

-Alex Morgan will be better than Mia Hamm.
-DeMarcus Cousins will be an all-star within the next 2 (playable) seasons.

Here are some of my more unpopular ones since the first ones I made weren't
laugh.gif

-OKC will not win a title in the next ten years. They will crumble, and will have to rebuild and trade Durant/Westbrook
-Colin Kaepernick will be the best QB in the 2011 draft class when it's all said and done.
-Soccer WILL be more popular in the US in ten years
-TO>>>>>> Moss (this one, don't know if it's necessarily unpopular here...)
-Under Armour will be the undisputed #2 basketball brand in 5 years and will be a legit challenge to Nike's stranglehold on the basketball footwear market
-Monta Ellis is vastly underrated instead of overrated as people claim, people think he's just a scorer and that's it but he brings a lot more to the table than casual observers realize
-Jahvid Best will be a Pro Bowler in the next few years
-As much as I'm a Steph Curry fan, I think he's a little bit overrated.

There will be a global basketball league of some kind in 5 years or less.
Kobe is top 3 all-time. Dead Serious.
Bron has potential to be the 2nd best ever.
Shaun Alexander was one of the most overrated rb's ever.
Calvin Johnson will be better than R. Moss
Penny Hardaway was overrated/underrated at the same time.
AAU Circuit is ruining basketball.
If Griffey was juicing he would have been the GOAT
Fantasy Football >>>> any other fantasy game
If Kobe wasn't with the lake show. He would still have 3+ rings.

Come at me bro

Not in all instances....but many.  Case in point....

Adam Jones' defense has been a point of ridicule ALL season amongst O's fans.  I've seen charts, stats, graphs, etc that all illustrate how horrid he is defensively.  These stats are all advanced.  You poll the managers and they can give 2 !*+@% about these stats.  They go off of what they see as opposed to what a graph would tell them about how Jones tracks baseballs when the wind is between 8-12 knots.  These managers have these stats at their disposal, but honestly...I think AT TIMES, intuition and observation can be a greater measure of talent/ability than what some ridiculous advanced stat may say. 

just my .02

You payed attention to that?
laugh.gif
 Jeter wins Gold Gloves too, I don't see how winning that award discounts the value of advanced stats at all. I've seen plenty of Adam these past few years, and his reads just aren't good. His athleticism allows him some margin for error, and his arm is decent, but overall he isn't a great outfielder. Besides, most of these managers are from a different era, and wouldn't understand advanced stats, much less know how to implement them. Doesn't mean they aren't extremely valuable considering that in all likelihood those stats are being heavily utilized by the front office and scouting department. 

Originally Posted by acidicality

Here are some of my more unpopular ones since the first ones I made weren't
laugh.gif

-Monta Ellis is vastly underrated instead of overrated as people claim, people think he's just a scorer and that's it but he brings a lot more to the table than casual observers realize
I don't see how more people don't realize that. I'll bring up Monta in a random convo, and people will be like "who's that?"
I'm like "he's better than your favorite point guard".

Just to add to that one dude's talking about rings, for the NBA, having more rings doesn't than somebody who doesn't does not make you
a better player. If that was the case, Adam Morrison, Derek Fisher, Darko Milicic >>>>> Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, Shawn Kemp 

Back
Top Bottom