POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Can someone recommend a site where I can look at luxury watches. I know about jomashop but are there any others. Or would someone recommend a place to go I live in NYC but I also won't be paying tourneau prices.

Looking for either a rolex or an AP

Go to Rolex and AP website and use store locator to located authorized dealers near you. Call some/everyone on the list and ask for their best price, do the same for out of state authorized dealers (helps to avoid sales tax). Compare prices and buy from the authorized dealer that gives you the cheapest price.

Don't buy from Jomashop, they are grey market dealers with no manufacturer warranty, meaning you will be using their own warranty if the watch has any problems within the warranty period. Same goes with authenticwatches. Also, more popular brands/models are not as heavily discounted compared to others especially subs and daytonas. Also pay in cash if you can by negotiating the price first, then negotiating the cash price if you are buying in store.

so my dad just bought a pre owned rolex yesterday at a shop that sells pre owned watches (rolex, breitling, etc).

hoping to have a possible legit check on these cause my dad didn't care to check :smh: ( even if i know its too late since he bought it already) and knowing there are tons of fake rolex watches out there, and he got this without the box.. just "papers" that i still need to see

had no interest with rolex until i wore this yesterday, its just so simple and beautiful.

i only own a nixon :wow:

Can someone recommend a site where I can look at luxury watches. I know about jomashop but are there any others. Or would someone recommend a place to go I live in NYC but I also won't be paying tourneau prices.

Go to Rolex and AP website and use store locator to located authorized dealers near you. Call some/everyone on the list and ask for their best price, do the same for out of state authorized dealers (helps to avoid sales tax). Compare prices and buy from the authorized dealer that gives you the cheapest price.

Don't buy from Jomashop, they are grey market dealers with no manufacturer warranty, meaning you will be using their own warranty if the watch has any problems within the warranty period. Same goes with authenticwatches. Also, more popular brands/models are not as heavily discounted compared to others especially subs and daytonas. Also pay in cash if you can by negotiating the price first, then negotiating the cash price if you are buying in store.

It's been a while since I bought from them, but my understanding was that, at least AuthenticWatches, did honor the manufacturers warranty.

I thought they kept the warranty, and if you had an issue with the watch, you'd send it to them, they would engage the manufacturers warranty on your behalf so it's serviced properly and with manufacturer parts etc., then send it back to you.

Is that not the case as far as you know?

I think the YMII is the most beautiful Rolex ever made. In fact, I personally feel like it's the only Rolex that exists :lol:

The Gold & Blue is just perfect to me. But this black :smokin :x

Serious? I think it's one of, if not the ugliest Rolexes ever made. OD big, garish... I really can't think of an uglier Rolex.

yallayalla: Looks good to me, but don't take my word for it.

It's been a while since I bought from them, but my understanding was that, at least AuthenticWatches, did honor the manufacturers warranty.

I thought they kept the warranty, and if you had an issue with the watch, you'd send it to them, they would engage the manufacturers warranty on your behalf so it's serviced properly and with manufacturer parts etc., then send it back to you.

Is that not the case as far as you know?

I was talking about grey market dealers in general. If that is your experience with authenticwatches, please excuse my comment, I have yet to order from them.

so my dad just bought a pre owned rolex yesterday at a shop that sells pre owned watches (rolex, breitling, etc).

hoping to have a possible legit check on these cause my dad didn't care to check :smh: ( even if i know its too late since he bought it already) and knowing there are tons of fake rolex watches out there, and he got this without the box.. just "papers" that i still need to see

had no interest with rolex until i wore this yesterday, its just so simple and beautiful.

i only own a nixon :wow:

Go to a replica watch forum, they should be able to tell you if it is legit or not. I go there from time to time, to tell the difference between real and fake watches, plenty of knowledgeable people. You might have to open the caseback to a get a picture of the movement, that is usually the biggest tell, along with the Rehaut.

I think the YMII is the most beautiful Rolex ever made. In fact, I personally feel like it's the only Rolex that exists :lol:

The Gold & Blue is just perfect to me. But this black :smokin :x

Serious? I think it's one of, if not the ugliest Rolexes ever made. OD big, garish... I really can't think of an uglier Rolex.

yallayalla: Looks good to me, but don't take my word for it.

Yup, to me it's absolutely beautiful. There's not a single thing i would change on that yellow gold and blue one.

To me most Roli's are boring. The YMII is just flawless.

Hello, found an Orient M177s on ebay and would like to know if it is legit, seller states that it is only the watch, no papers or box so I am somewhat hesitant
EDIT: also the going rate for these?

Last edited:
Hello, found an Orient M177s on ebay and would like to know if it is legit, seller states that it is only the watch, no papers or box so I am somewhat hesitant

I wouldn't worry about a fake Sea-Gull. Its a copy of a JLC Master Control. I wouldn't pay more than $150-200 for it. Over that, I would pony up and buy something from the Seiko SARB like the SARB033/Sarb035/SARB065 or the Orient Star like the Standard Date, Classic, Classic Date, etc.

I wouldn't worry about a fake Sea-Gull. Its a copy of a JLC Master Control. I wouldn't pay more than $150-200 for it. Over that, I would pony up and buy something from the Seiko SARB like the SARB033/Sarb035/SARB065 or the Orient Star like the Standard Date, Classic, Classic Date, etc.
This is good advice.

What do you guys think about me starting a new thread? I think this thread has run its course, not enough information for noobs or non-WIS members. I would like to go over a couple new things in the opening thread that I might be helpful to members like the basics of the watch (movement, crystal, etc), buying guide, brand guide, collection guide, etc. Too many of the same questions being asked over and over again, better to have all that info in the beginning of the thread to cut down the trash.

What do you guys think about me starting a new thread? I think this thread has run its course, not enough information for noobs or non-WIS members. I would like to go over a couple new things in the opening thread that I might be helpful to members like the basics of the watch (movement, crystal, etc), buying guide, brand guide, collection guide, etc. Too many of the same questions being asked over and over again, better to have all that info in the beginning of the thread to cut down the trash.

Great idea. Repped

yeah man, def need to hit the reset button on this thread...hoping to have some new stuff to post and i'll just wait until then

Sold the Vacheron and bought this from popz.
Bored, making sure I graduate on time.
Blue Surf, Rose Gold, Limited Edition (500)

Back
Top Bottom