POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

My sister won a watch tonight at a charity event and they said it was worth 1500 , on its card it says " motion swiss made Petrol fasion watches, anyone ever heard of them ?

Tag Heuer Carreras are sick :smokin

Too bad they're out of my budget at the moment. Only looking to spend under $1500 on my first watch.

Last edited:
As a grad student, I don't have much funds, but I need a watch since pulling out my phone isn't always the best thing to do when seeing patients. I plan to get a nice watch (automatic) when I graduate in 2 years as a gift to myself after 8 years of college lol. But for now, a quartz will do. I am looking for something in the $500 range, and as of now, two ideas are two various Tissot's but if anyone has any other suggestions, please post them, all I am looking for is a SS bracelet as I can change out the straps and something over 40mm. Here are two choices, LMK your thoughts please:
oughts and opinions?
Thanks!

With that budget, look at Steinhart. It's a "boutique" watchmaker in Germany (watches are Swiss made w/ ETA movements)

Regarded as one of the best "bang for your buck" watches on the market with tons of great reviews, even from high-end watch owners and sellers.

I've had one for about 2 months and LOVE it. Sturdy/solid feel, good size, great finish and very accurate movement. Only catch is you must order direct from Germany, but I got my watch in under 2 weeks. (I have a Ocean One black, SS, 42mm, ceramic bezel, ETA 2824-2, looks great on NATO straps)

Last edited:
Cheap.

57396ba00a6111e28d8622000a1cbf33_7.jpg

this is the watch Felix Baumgartner was wearing during his jump from space.

Zenith Stratos Flyback Striking 10th

Not posting a watch at the moment, but wanted to know if any of you have experiences with:

1. Oris watches. Been looking at the TT1 Chronograph for a minute now, but haven't talked to anyone who could attest to the quality of the brand.

2. Vintage watches from the 1950s/60s. I found a vintage Oris Pointer on eBay from the fifties for

Great posts from everybody thus far.

Last edited:
With that budget, look at Steinhart. It's a "boutique" watchmaker in Germany (watches are Swiss made w/ ETA movements)
Regarded as one of the best "bang for your buck" watches on the market with tons of great reviews, even from high-end watch owners and sellers.
I've had one for about 2 months and LOVE it. Sturdy/solid feel, good size, great finish and very accurate movement. Only catch is you must order direct from Germany, but I got my watch in under 2 weeks. (I have a Ocean One black, SS, 42mm, ceramic bezel, ETA 2824-2, looks great on NATO straps)

Thanks! Looking it up now, anywhere else that sells this? Or is it only though the Steinhart site?

Back
Top Bottom