POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by injennz

^That Hublot is drooling but I've got my eye on the Manchester United x Hublot watch. However $12k? $%!.

I just got my Gucci 101 Chronograph back from Gucci. You've got to love Warranty.
happy.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Home Sweet Home[/color]

What's the model number of the one in the bottom?

I've been looking for a similar style, only in white face and a green or red strap. I passed up on one from E-bay before. Now I'm regretting of notgetting it.

Originally Posted by l Silky Johnston l

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Had my 3.0 Benny since '04 and it still in perfect condition. It's a really nice watch without looking so damn gaudy.
mens30_1_zm-395x565.jpg
I like this watch...flashy but not too flashy.
I must be missing something, this thing is a freezer. don't get me wrong, I love this watch, but there's not much understated in thispiece of shine

Some beautiful watches posted in here. Obviously the Hublots are
smokin.gif

Here are a couple of my timepieces. I know the Nixon is a love/hate thing.

Here are some watches I'm lookin at. I gotta ball on a budget though til I get enough to snag a Jazzmaster. (not my pics)

Rolex Sub Homage

Can't decide which color if I were gonna get this one. I really want a watch with a white face, but that yellow hand on the black is dope.

spaceball.gif

I'd love to hear any opinions.
spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif

That Sea-Gull with the blue hands are beautiful. I would get that one if I had to choose.

As for the Orient Sub "Homage," to be honest I would prefer the real thing.
Personally, I do not really want to wear something that looks to similar to the iconic Submariner, especially from a brand the public isn't aware of.
People will consider it a fake and I know, don't worry about what others think but I also kind of feel the same way so... take that with a grain of salt.

As for the Tissot, you can't go wrong for either one. I am sucker for black dialed watches so I would go with the first one but I hate how the date has awhite background and black number.
If the color on the date were inverted, the black one would have been much better.

Originally Posted by RFX45

That Sea-Gull with the blue hands are beautiful. I would get that one if I had to choose.

Personally, I do not really want to wear something that looks to similar to the iconic Submariner, especially from a brand the public isn't aware of.
People will consider it a fake and I know, don't worry about what others think but I also kind of feel the same way so... take that with a grain of salt.

As for the Tissot, you can't go wrong for either one. I am sucker for black dialed watches so I would go with the first one but I hate how the date has a white background and black number.
If the color on the date were inverted, the black one would have been much better.

Thanks for the advice my dude. I always kinda wondered how real watch enthusiasts felt about "homages." Seems like the dudes over at WUS are allover the Marina Militare homages.
Being in grad school isn't conducive to buying nice watches like that sweet Rolex submariner you posted a little before, but I'll take your word for itthat buying that Orient would be whack. I'll post up some pics of the Sea Gull when I get it. Decided to go with that one over the Tissot for now.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

As for the Tissot, you can't go wrong for either one. I am sucker for black dialed watches so I would go with the first one but I hate how the date has a white background and black number.

Thanks for the advice my dude. I always kinda wondered how real watch enthusiasts felt about "homages." Seems like the dudes over at WUS are all over the Marina Militare homages.
Being in grad school isn't conducive to buying nice watches like that sweet Rolex submariner you posted a little before, but I'll take your word for it that buying that Orient would be whack. I'll post up some pics of the Sea Gull when I get it. Decided to go with that one over the Tissot for now.
smokin.gif

Good call, i would go with that one for sure.
WISers (Watch Idiot Savants) actually like Orient because it is automatic and well built.
The same goes for Pam homages, I honestly really would rather have the real one but that's is entirely me.
WISers, just like people here on NT and SF could be snobs at times.
Some would praise and glorify in-house movements even if it is less accurate and reliable than a proven workhorse ETA movements that lasts and are time-tested.
Like Rolex, it is a love and hate relationship. It is an in-house movement sure but it is so mass produced it might as well be the same as an ETA movement.
The same with Omega and their co-axial movement, they declare it to be an in-house movement when it is just a modified ETA as well but people clamour Omega(more than Rolex too) about their movement and some, not all, owners believe it is the best in the world.

Sorry, got carried away there for a second.
Please post pic when you get it.

More watches that won't fit in my puny wrist:

The new Earl Grey Big Bang:

I still want one of these, the Big Bang Classic All Black!
Pure Batman watch!

First watch pickup.. Hopefully it'll do me real well for the next 2-3 yrs until I get that "Big Check" aka career J.O.B..

50% off..

d7d15deb54384e0a68a6ff073b1675c3d31f9ab.jpg

8d7158e95630470a8b8e293faf208d7b632a6f2.jpg

Bulova isn't really for the older crowd, it has the same niche as Movado I guess since they use a lot of gold tones in their watches.
Just a suggestion though, I would suggest moving away from Bulova though, they aren't the best out there for the price.

lilpro4u, Nice pickup.

I knew this prick will post all this crap again.
You forgot the Ted Baker watches too.

But damn dude, stop with that %%%* already.
Get a $$%%+*# job if your so desperate to make/get money.

sircsetroc, nice collection you got going.

A nice and simple watch by Louis Erard:
louis-erard-watch-00.jpg
louis-erard-watch-03.jpg

sircsetroc, nice collection you got going.

A nice and simple watch by Louis Erard:
louis-erard-watch-00.jpg
louis-erard-watch-03.jpg

nice clean watch. RFX45 what watch forums do you recommend. i love watches. dont have anything close to what you have but i like simple.

Two watch forums I frequently visit are Timezone.com and watchuseek.com.
Timezone is very informational and there are plenty of knowledgeable people but their system and format is very outdated.
I hate it. They also have a lot of rules.

Watchuseek.com is more laid back and fun, they are also knowledgeable but not to the same extent as Timezone.

Two watch forums I frequently visit are Timezone.com and watchuseek.com.
Timezone is very informational and there are plenty of knowledgeable people but their system and format is very outdated.
I hate it. They also have a lot of rules.

Watchuseek.com is more laid back and fun, they are also knowledgeable but not to the same extent as Timezone.
ok thanks RFX45, you really have some heat. i have like 7 watches the breitling SA, Tag heur, and other like D&G, INVICTA AND OTHERS. i willpost later.

RFX45 or anyone else for that matter, how do you deal with scratches on the steel band of the watch? do you polish or any other tips?

Originally Posted by boywiththeshoes

RFX45 or anyone else for that matter, how do you deal with scratches on the steel band of the watch? do you polish or any other tips?

I would suggest living with it for a while since there is a very high chance it would get scratched again.
But if you really want to fix it, it should be easy for a watchmaker that has a polishing tool.
If it is polished, there is also a polishing cloths that will remove or at least make the scratches less visible.
This will probably work for brushed metal as well, it just needs to be re-brushed.
Here's a link to the polishing cloths and some info on it: http://forums.timezone.co...=tree&goto=4499492&rid=0 .

I hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom