Posters 25 and up...Drop some lesson's you've learned about life for the younger NTer's

Originally Posted by solidsnake

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Procrastination is the first step to a missed opportunity

Everyone is an expert about things they haven't tried themselves, follow your heart

There isn't one second of your life that is meaningless, observe life as a classroom with a constant flow of experiences in which you evolve knowingly even if it hurts

Everything gets old of material and as your back account ballons this fact doesnt change and it's all relative

Ignore the girl that throws herself at you because she saw you driving a ferrari, yea you can smash but she doesn't deserve it

Perfect the art of words and become fluent in the English language, you'd be surprised with how many people you can fool with a silver tongue

Doors will be slammed continuously and you will be told your ideas or talents aren't good enough, this is lifes way of testing whether or not you really want it

God isn't a seperate entity outside of you judging and watching your every move, the greatest human error is our mistake of demeaning God into a self absorbed Egotist with human faults

Love is never as good as the first time, enjoy being naive because once you know better the magic loses its luster

Don't assume people are what they present themselves to be

Wisdom trumps intelligence

The difference between success and failure is action

Try a psychoactive or psychedelic substance atleast once in your life you might have a life altering trip, there are bad trips though........

Don't become a slave to your legacy despite your illusions of grandeur no one will fully appreciate you

Everyone you know is going to die, some horribly and most peacefully, please don't forget that

Don't try to figure life out, that's not the point

You wouldn't know that you were alive if you hadn't been dead before *really think about that*
Had to quote

Pretty much sums everything up.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

pay your bills on time...
worth quoting and reiterating

PAY YOUR DAMN BILLS ON TIME.

i do subprime lending/leasing for a living.  you dont want your credit to fall to such levels where i am your only option for money.  the rates i charge would make some loansharks blush.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

pay your bills on time...
worth quoting and reiterating

PAY YOUR DAMN BILLS ON TIME.

i do subprime lending/leasing for a living.  you dont want your credit to fall to such levels where i am your only option for money.  the rates i charge would make some loansharks blush.

From personal experience -

Experience everything that you can.

Don't be closed minded, and don't be afraid, become cultured and take chances. My only regret from college is that I didn't go study abroad (even though I was given the opportunity, I tried to justify my saying no at the time but I should have taken advantage).

DO NOT put sneakers and clothing on your credit card (card as in singular, not plural - you don't need more than 1 CC)....UNLESS it's a good suit that you need for interviewing. Seriously, don't do it. In a few years (hell maybe sooner than that) you'll be telling yourself, Man I was trippin.

Be courteous and treat everyone with respect. Karma is so real.

Network, network, and network some more....and if you're not good at networking google tips on how to network better. I'm serious. I'm a friendly guy but my networking skills are rather subpar so I've had to do research on how to improve in certain areas.

If your heart isn't in something, especially a relationship be honest with yourself and the other person. Sticking around when you've already checked out mentally is a waste time for all concerned parties.

With that being said, nothing good ever comes easy. A lot of the time you have to put in a TON of work before you start to see results but it's usually worth it.

Be happy, be positive, be appreciative, and find a way to enjoy life.

Oh and life is a marathon, not a sprint. Focus on yourself, keep working hard and make your own path.

I had friends growing up that, after high school took very different paths than I did. Made money a lot quicker than me, if you will. I'm tellin you bruh, stay on your grind and do you. It WILL pay off.

And when you're lucky enough to find somebody that you truly love, make sure you compromise.

"Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

From personal experience -

Experience everything that you can.

Don't be closed minded, and don't be afraid, become cultured and take chances. My only regret from college is that I didn't go study abroad (even though I was given the opportunity, I tried to justify my saying no at the time but I should have taken advantage).

DO NOT put sneakers and clothing on your credit card (card as in singular, not plural - you don't need more than 1 CC)....UNLESS it's a good suit that you need for interviewing. Seriously, don't do it. In a few years (hell maybe sooner than that) you'll be telling yourself, Man I was trippin.

Be courteous and treat everyone with respect. Karma is so real.

Network, network, and network some more....and if you're not good at networking google tips on how to network better. I'm serious. I'm a friendly guy but my networking skills are rather subpar so I've had to do research on how to improve in certain areas.

If your heart isn't in something, especially a relationship be honest with yourself and the other person. Sticking around when you've already checked out mentally is a waste time for all concerned parties.

With that being said, nothing good ever comes easy. A lot of the time you have to put in a TON of work before you start to see results but it's usually worth it.

Be happy, be positive, be appreciative, and find a way to enjoy life.

Oh and life is a marathon, not a sprint. Focus on yourself, keep working hard and make your own path.

I had friends growing up that, after high school took very different paths than I did. Made money a lot quicker than me, if you will. I'm tellin you bruh, stay on your grind and do you. It WILL pay off.

And when you're lucky enough to find somebody that you truly love, make sure you compromise.

"Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

26 ans.
Never waste another man's time or money. Time= Money

Study Abroad to study lots of broadss, and other shh (Specifically my brothers, we're the rarest of commodities outside the U.S., it's only done wonders for me)

Love exist, but it's mostly for the birds and other sucka'n..

Nice guys finish last in a lot of instances in life, find that balance between genuinely nice, and douche baggery

Experiences . Material possessions 

I could go on an on

26 ans.
Never waste another man's time or money. Time= Money

Study Abroad to study lots of broadss, and other shh (Specifically my brothers, we're the rarest of commodities outside the U.S., it's only done wonders for me)

Love exist, but it's mostly for the birds and other sucka'n..

Nice guys finish last in a lot of instances in life, find that balance between genuinely nice, and douche baggery

Experiences . Material possessions 

I could go on an on

Don't play with girls emotions. It may seem cool when you're younger that you're playing multiple girls and it's all good. 
You may end up truly caring about one of the girls and you'll lose her because she will never trust you.

Don't play with girls emotions. It may seem cool when you're younger that you're playing multiple girls and it's all good. 
You may end up truly caring about one of the girls and you'll lose her because she will never trust you.

I feel I'm going to post more but here's one:

Stop dating for other people. So many people pick a partner based on how they think others will react (which explains so many "no pics, no response" rule which makes no sense to me in all seriousness). Once you date who YOU like, it won't matter what others think.

I agree this is a great thread, but some of still have a way to go
tired.gif

I feel I'm going to post more but here's one:

Stop dating for other people. So many people pick a partner based on how they think others will react (which explains so many "no pics, no response" rule which makes no sense to me in all seriousness). Once you date who YOU like, it won't matter what others think.

I agree this is a great thread, but some of still have a way to go
tired.gif

Great post!!!

I'm 28 and I have to say make sure you wife up and have children with Mrs. RIGHT and not Mrs. RIGHT NOW!!!

Great post!!!

I'm 28 and I have to say make sure you wife up and have children with Mrs. RIGHT and not Mrs. RIGHT NOW!!!

Damn thats my only regret about college too.

Damn thats my only regret about college too.

Being on your own paying your own bills etc. > spending foolishly

That person you think will never let you down ...... will then that is when the relationship is truly trsted and you find out if it is worth it

Move in with your significant other before marriage

Being on your own paying your own bills etc. > spending foolishly

That person you think will never let you down ...... will then that is when the relationship is truly trsted and you find out if it is worth it

Move in with your significant other before marriage

Material things are just that in life. As much as you enjoy having them at a young age and it looks good to show off, it's all empty, it's nice to enjoy but ultimately, it's filling a void in your life.

- (I know a lot of people won't agree, but so what) Being a "player" and dating around is good for so long. After a certain age, you do want one woman. Trouble is, people don't always know how to express that sentiment. No guy that's 45 wants to have one night stands and be happy. Even those who say they do are lying to themselves.

- That being said, you should only want to be in a committed relationship until you know what you're looking for in a mate. If you're not sure don't handcuff nobody no matter how "right" it might seem.

Material things are just that in life. As much as you enjoy having them at a young age and it looks good to show off, it's all empty, it's nice to enjoy but ultimately, it's filling a void in your life.

- (I know a lot of people won't agree, but so what) Being a "player" and dating around is good for so long. After a certain age, you do want one woman. Trouble is, people don't always know how to express that sentiment. No guy that's 45 wants to have one night stands and be happy. Even those who say they do are lying to themselves.

- That being said, you should only want to be in a committed relationship until you know what you're looking for in a mate. If you're not sure don't handcuff nobody no matter how "right" it might seem.

Glad to see this thread... I'm 19 right now and i can feel the weight on ever decision i make get heavier. The words of wisdom in here are definitely helping me out

Glad to see this thread... I'm 19 right now and i can feel the weight on ever decision i make get heavier. The words of wisdom in here are definitely helping me out

Back
Top Bottom