POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

The district attorney check pretty much said this. Everyone they have who has come forward against Ghost is a criminal, known accomplice or has motive to bring him down. That's why the judge didn't give them the arrest warrant. Dre isn't exactly a reliable witness. He's a known drug dealer who's turned snitch multiple times.

I seen him say it and at the end I thought Blanca was running game saying it was over but maybe it really was.

The whole mystery of who shot Ghost is funny because I honestly don’t give a ****. Maybe a few seasons ago I would but it’s whatever.

We gonna talk about Tasha’s wig and Ghost with that turf on his face and head? The ish was lumpy in some scenes then the next it was smooth, also was pushed back further. Then you had the symbiote growing on his face, looked like his lower part of his face was going to start looking like Venom by the end of the episode.

Dre knows too much. Zero justification for sending him to jail & trying to hit him in there vs doing it yourself before he can utter another word to the police.

Also I don’t understand how the judge was shutting down EVERYTHING but signed the arrest warrant based on a witness that’s a known criminal.

Courtney going with the "Who shot JR?" angle. :rolleyes

That whole ending scene with all of them marching towards Ghost like some bootleg Avengers was all types of cringe.

Ghost was feeling himself the whole episode; talking slick to everybody. :lol: You know he was gonna get hemmed up somehow.

Why is this Ray-Ray murder a thing now? Blanca asked Tasha about it episodes ago and in true #BecausePower fashion it wasn't brought up again. :lol:

Tasha said the Feds are watching Riq, so why does she have him outchea moving weight? She forgot about that but memba'd all of a sudden this episode.

Where the **** did Tommy go after the shootout? Who was shooting them anyway, BG's ghost?

Tariq was talking greasy to Ghost all season, but showed his true BA nature when Ghost told him to turn himself in.

"Daddy pls help me! :emoji_cry:"

This is with home you wanna place your faith wavycrocket wavycrocket ?

Watching the episode I was like "Courtney doubling down with Ghost Angie and Ghost Raina minus whale have Ghost Kanaan to complete the trifecta" and lo and behold. :lol:

Ghost really use Ghost Raina to rationalize turning his son in to the Feds. Man is a sociopath.

This show definitely ain’t what it used to be,

but how we all keep watching it?!?!
Walking dead turned trash and I have it up a long time ago

I stopped watching Walking Dead during the season dude from Everyone Hates Chris was on it when it looked like the same plot points kept getting regurgited. If I was smarter, I would have stopped at Season 3. A Twitter follower of mine stopped watching years ago because he said Ghost got out of situations way too easily.

How many shows end with the same quality of episodes as they began with? I can bully name a handful. Breaking Bad, The Wire and The Sopranos come to mind.

Succession is currently my favorite show on TV and I would hate for the quality to dip as the seasons go on

I don't get the insistence from James on Tariq turning himself in and then going to military school should the case get tossed out. While he's always been self serving, he's never been delusional. To throw this wrench in his character is a cheap deus ex machina.

Would y’all say that was drunk ghost that was showing face even though he was sober while he was talking slick to everyone?

I don't get the insistence from James on Tariq turning himself in and then going to military school should the case get tossed out. While he's always been self serving, he's never been delusional. To throw this wrench in his character is a cheap deus ex machina.

This. I don't nitpick on Power the way I do other shows because I don't expect it to be that smart or nuanced but this storyline with Tyriq turning himself in is especially dumb.

It's too much of a reach for me to believe that Ghost, someone who has had so many run-ins and issues with the legal system (the police have tried to frame him multiple times), would believe that the prosecutors would go easy on his son is laughable.

Not only is Riq a young black man, Federal and local law enforcement have been trying to build a case against Ghost for years and Riq would be admitting to killing a cop and he thinks they'd go easy on him? What!

Ghost has to know that they would try and throw his son under the jail just to get back at him or they would try and flip Riq against Ghost.

This. didn't they find tariq's blood at the scene like two seasons ago? Why is this becoming a plot point now?

You know why... #BecausePower

Also did anyone recognize the dead guy at the impromptu shootout? They showed the face as if we're supposed to know. It was a black dude but as far as I know all the black crews that were enemies of Ghost and Tommy have been dealt with. Only ones left are the Serbians and Italians.

The ending was so damn corny

giphy.gif

This show definitely ain’t what it used to be,

but how we all keep watching it?!?!
Walking dead turned trash and I have it up a long time ago
Probably timing. After a good S1 folks recognized it was gonna be repetitive trash early. Power showed a little later, and never really kicked in the door amazing so the expectation is a little lower. Plus that feeling of being so close to the end you may as well finish. Reminds me of SOA, those last seasons were super trash.

Ghost whole energy this episode was something else. Feeling himself the the max :lol:

Dude reminds me of some West Indian people be when they just hit on a Green Card. They telling all their enemies how they ain't ****, and how they moving onto bigger better things, before they board that Caribbean Airlines flight off the island.

Last edited:
Ghost whole energy this episode was something else. Feeling himself the the max :lol:

Dude reminds me of some West Indian people be when they just hit on a Green Card. They telling all their enemies how they ain't ****, and how they moving onto bigger better things, before they board that Caribbean Airlines flight off the island.
When they get citizenship even worst lolol

No one:
Absolutely no one:

Tasha: you're trying send Tariq to jail for Ray Ray murder.
? When she said this I literally thought to myself “did I miss an episode? Where did this theory come from?” Like, this theory never even crossed my mind ?. Also, am I missing something? Don’t the Feds know that Dre used to work for Ghost? Wouldn’t that make him an acquaintance? Even if they didn’t know, wouldn’t him testifying that he was with Ghost when Terry was killed, even saying that he tried to stop Ghost from doing it, implicate him as an acquaintance?

So if Ghost somehow someway ends up going to prison, who would be his attorney? Both of his are already dead. Very odd episode, very odd #headscratcher. I'll watch again tonight so see if I missed anything.

Back
Top Bottom