Price Raises On Upcoming Jordans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Canadian retail is already way too high 
mad.gif

Lol you do realize that replicas or "fakes" as you call them are made in the same Chinese factories as the "authentics" right? Ignorance these days. Who's the dumbass again? The one paying 200 dollars for a chinese sneaker or the one paying 50 dollars for the same sneaker that just isn't authorized by Nike/Jordan? I'll wait.

Keep funding Nike executive vacations brah.

View media item 212295

Yeah keep telling yourself that so you can feel good about the
FAKES you're copping. Nothing that costs 50 dollars. Is made in the same factory as legit pairs.

Lol you do realize that replicas or "fakes" as you call them are made in the same Chinese factories as the "authentics" right? Ignorance these days. Who's the dumbass again? The one paying 200 dollars for a chinese sneaker or the one paying 50 dollars for the same sneaker that just isn't authorized by Nike/Jordan? I'll wait.

Keep funding Nike executive vacations brah.

View media item 212295

Yeah keep telling yourself that so you can feel good about the
FAKES you're copping. Nothing that costs 50 dollars. Is made in the same factory as legit pairs.

You ever heard of third shifts in chinese factories?

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/05/01/8375455/

How do you think fakes are getting more realistic in a matter of weeks after the release of the official product? (See the Yeezy II thread. Some dude even posted a pair of fakes J28 that is pretty similar to the real thing)

The fact is, by making the shoes overseas, Nike and other shoes manufacturers have to supply the factories with the blueprints of the designs, the materials, etc. Some factory owners take advantage of that information to create additional pairs (not ordered by the manufacturer) that they'll push on the local market. Those are your fakes. They may not use the same materials as the ones supplied by the brand, but the construction is not as shoddy as it used to be because they don't have to reverse engineer authentic shoes anymore.

Last edited:
I don't know what the hell they are thinking about raising the prices, I mean from any logical standpoint there's ZERO reason too. It's not like there's enough inflation to create a $10 jump in MSRP, and we're sure as hell not getting any premium quality leather or suede and etc on these shoes. I kind of want to quit because at this point it's clear that it's just about making money. I mean they know there's kids getting killed over these shoes and all they can do is raise prices and make them even harder to come by? I just don't know what they're thinking, don't they have a group of people who deal with company ethics? /rant

You ever heard of third shifts in chinese factories?

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/05/01/8375455/

How do you think fakes are getting more realistic in a matter of weeks after the release of the official product? (See the Yeezy II thread. Some dude even posted a pair of fakes J28 that is pretty similar to the real thing)

The fact is, by making the shoes overseas, Nike and other shoes manufacturers have to supply the factories with the blueprints of the designs, the materials, etc. Some factory owners take advantage of that information to create additional pairs (not ordered by the manufacturer) that they'll push on the local market. Those are your fakes. They may not use the same materials as the ones supplied by the brand, but the construction is not as shoddy as it used to be because they don't have to reverse engineer authentic shoes anymore.

Yeah I know all about that but they don't cost 50 dollars
That's what I was getting at. And if they don't use the same materials as the ones supplied
By the brand then in my book they are fake and I don't want them.

IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS FAKES OR BUY FAKES THEN NIKETALK ISNT THE SITE FOR YOU.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PROMOTING THESE ILLEGAL ITEMS.

thanks

I didn't read through this thread becuase I'm sure it is the same crap we've been talking about for years. I'm not even mad, all I can say is it's a business. Can you be mad at cheating spouse if the wife/husband keeps taking them back time and time again? We've shown JB/Nike that we are willing to pay whatever price they ask us to pay. They test the waters to see how far we will go, and the response we give them is no limit. Even if all the member on this site refuse to buy, there are millions of people outside of this forum who will.

I've gracefully bowed out, due to the shenanigans involved in buying a pair of sneakers, and the price associated with it. I can't justify paying that much for shoes anymore, despite how much I like them. And have to deal with the games. No hate to JB or anyone who still buys their favorite shoes, we just can't be mad at them for doing what they are dong.

Last edited:
Same situation as the poster above, but most people will buy no matter what, what you need to do is quit and let nike suffer and by losing buyers, they will lose profit and have to decrease the price. Either that or they will go out of business if they can't lower the price any further. Can't anyone here that get tempted just say no? That will also stop the reseller from buying probably. Since there's so many of the shoes in stock and no one is buying them.

roll.gif
at nike ever going out of business. they won't lose buyers. if they haven't by now with the sweatshops, quality, etc., they won't lose buyers sadly
grin.gif
 if you like jordans, you are pretty much at the company's mercy for a longgg time. there is definitely no change in sight of the next decade at least, other than to benefit this company.
eyes.gif

Last edited:
The price increase may ruffle feathers, but when Nike sees their shoes selling for $50+ more in the grey market, they might want a bigger piece of that pie.

Damn Concords flipped up the shoe game for sure lol...funny thing is while I do like the Concords im not head over heels crazy for them like many are. This is crazy to actually think about one damn retro bringing more attention to this hobby than it had in years, and probably changing it forever. Back when I was younger and starting to get into shoes, you could usually walk into Footlocker and pick up some J's, but they'd be out of all white Air Force Ones. Things change fast. 
exactly. this leads me to believe they might hold off on colombias until this "game" needs another bump.. which won't be for quite awhile now imo. I smell a rapid increase in the next 2-5 years up to 225 ish normal price, lose some hype at that price, drop these, prices skyrocket from there on and we move even higher as the years go after that
mean.gif

As quickly as things got crazy (it's only been 18 months) they will die out too. They can keep raising prices, but the floor will fall out from this market in the next couple years. I think that's why we're seeing such a huge number of releases right now. Floodgates are open, but Nike knows it's temporary. By the end of 2014 they'll have retro'd 80% of the Jordan collection over a 5 year period. Just simple numbers mean that buying will go down from the current group. And the next group of buyers will probably have moved on to some other sneakers or fashion trend in general. It's hard to defend the ridiculous prices you see today as having any legitimate leg to stand on in the long run. Schmucks paying $350 for "limited" retro+ colorways of IX's and such... those shoes are going to maintain that kind of value for a decade to come?! Ha! In 2010 you had shoes that were going for $150-$180 resale that are now reselling for $300+. Those kind of jumps in just a couple years are artificial and have no chance of maintaining in the long run. Market saturation alone will curtail a lot of the craziness we've seen the past two years.

As quickly as things got crazy (it's only been 18 months) they will die out too. They can keep raising prices, but the floor will fall out from this market in the next couple years. I think that's why we're seeing such a huge number of releases right now. Floodgates are open, but Nike knows it's temporary. By the end of 2014 they'll have retro'd 80% of the Jordan collection over a 5 year period. Just simple numbers mean that buying will go down from the current group. And the next group of buyers will probably have moved on to some other sneakers or fashion trend in general. It's hard to defend the ridiculous prices you see today as having any legitimate leg to stand on in the long run. Schmucks paying $350 for "limited" retro+ colorways of IX's and such... those shoes are going to maintain that kind of value for a decade to come?! Ha! In 2010 you had shoes that were going for $150-$180 resale that are now reselling for $300+. Those kind of jumps in just a couple years are artificial and have no chance of maintaining in the long run. Market saturation alone will curtail a lot of the craziness we've seen the past two years.

I agree.

What happened to AF1 and Nike SB will eventually happen to JB.

I just came in here to say it's hilarious how the sheep will just call it inflation.

Dudes obviously don't know the difference between retail price and cost. If a sneaker costs $10 to make in 1988 and costs double by 2012, it now costs $20 to make. Ya'll think retail prices should go from $100 to $200 because of maybe a $10 increase in cost. :lol:

Whatever helps ya'll sheep justify paying those prices.

JB/NIke doesn't get my money anymore so I don't really care, it's just entertaining to hear about ya'll dudes talk about "it's just inflation" and that you "got a good deal at $1000 for some corks/galaxies/yeezy's".

Last edited:
People have shown Nike that they are willing to pay over 200+ to a reseller to get a Sneaker that they want. So sadly they will probably keep increasing the prices. 
ohwell.gif

Exactly
Yup.
I wish JB would only bump up price on their very limited sneakers, instead of the GR's too

thats how it used to be.

The LS, or Life Style, releases were bumped up a few years ago.
Then they did the premio line too.

I cant remember if the flip 3s were considered a LS but they definitely got a bump for both colorways that dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom