Prince, Passes Away at 57.

mean.gif

Last edited:
This ain't even going to let his spirit rest well. :smh:

Wish he would've wrote a will so this couldn't happen.

The man wasn't even supposed to die b :smh:

They gonna ***** the **** out of his music.

All his music is now streaming on every music service now. Damn.

Honestly, this is the best thing for his legacy. His refusal to allow streaming (especially YouTube) was asinine. He was missing an enormous demographic that will eventually replace the demographic that actually remembers him.

Maybe Prince wasn't obsessed or even concerned with his legacy or being remembered/forgotten by the next generation?

All his music is now streaming on every music service now. Damn.

Honestly, this is the best thing for his legacy. His refusal to allow streaming (especially YouTube) was asinine. He was missing an enormous demographic that will eventually replace the demographic that actually remembers him.

After what he went through with Warner, what did you expect? His music was HIS art and he wanted the ultimate control of it. I see no issue with his stance on streaming and especially YouTube.

As far as his legacy, it was cemented long ago. I don't think he was concerned about that anyways. Seems like he really just cared about creating music because that's what he loved to do.

That was great.

As soon as Russell’s phone hits the cradle, another phone rings. From out of nowhere Prince produces a gold phone, cord and all, and answers it. After some whispering, Prince hangs up. Russell’s phone rings again.

“Tomorrow you’re getting more Mylar,” says the handler in Houston. “Fill in the cracks, take it down, try a different design. Just don’t make it look broken.”

“OK, what about the blue?” asks Russell. “Do you like the blue? Because I have lots of blue Mylar around the red.”

“Hold on a sec.”

Prince’s phone rings again, an inaudible conversation is had, then Russell’s rings.

“Yes, we like the blue,” the man says and then pauses. “But could you add some purple?”

Classic, I wouldn't even know where to start to keep people that unbalanced.

89.3 The Current, a local Minnesota radio station is broadcasting live from Paisley Park at the Celebration event, and playing his music all day. His band The Revolution is on now speaking on the man and telling personal stories behind a lot of songs they're choosing to play now. Check it out online. If I had the funds, I would've made the 13-hr drive just to soak in the atmosphere.

http://www.thecurrent.org/

I was watching something the other day and they played Sussudio by Phil Collins and I noticed for the first time that it's jacks 1999 completely

I was watching something the other day and they played Sussudio by Phil Collins and I noticed for the first time that it's jacks 1999 completely
eek.gif
why have i never realized this? i caught the prince inspiration in TLC's waterfalls but somehow missed this. damn, good ear '81.

First time hearing the studio version. Why he ain't put this on Purple Rain? :smh: :pimp: This shoulda been right after When Doves Cry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom