PS3 BLINKING RED LIGHTS

I have a release day fat PS3 she purrs when she runs but no problems just turn up TV volume lol

I still play tony hawk pro skater with friends. A slim will crush me

I have a release day fat PS3 she purrs when she runs but no problems just turn up TV volume lol

This just happen to mines on Saturday, couldn't believe it. I just sat there for 15 minutes staring at my PS3. It would cost $180 to send it to Sony and have them fix it. There's a guy on youtube that has 3 videos of how to fix it. I followed the videos and took it apart, put it back together and it's working again 

This just happen to mines on Saturday, couldn't believe it. I just sat there for 15 minutes staring at my PS3. It would cost $180 to send it to Sony and have them fix it. There's a guy on youtube that has 3 videos of how to fix it. I followed the videos and took it apart, put it back together and it's working again 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

*sigh* I got it on the second saturday. still can't believe i dropped $600+ on this thing.
Originally Posted by Ballerific703

links?

Originally Posted by Jking0821

*sigh* I got it on the second saturday. still can't believe i dropped $600+ on this thing.
Originally Posted by Ballerific703

links?

oh I know what video you're talking about. The thing is, like hellahiphop said, all of the fat ps3's are different in the inside. So you need to be careful what you do.

oh I know what video you're talking about. The thing is, like hellahiphop said, all of the fat ps3's are different in the inside. So you need to be careful what you do.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

360 > PS3
laugh.gif

Yea with you fail rate at over 50% huh?
eyes.gif
Made up statistics are made up.

My ps3 (a first generation) is starting to run extremely loud. At first I thought it was just the heat but now its loud in the dead of winter (in CLEVELAND) so IDK whats really good. Honestly I been thinking bout gettin an Xbox for a while now so this aint exactly hurting me anymore

My ps3 (a first generation) is starting to run extremely loud. At first I thought it was just the heat but now its loud in the dead of winter (in CLEVELAND) so IDK whats really good. Honestly I been thinking bout gettin an Xbox for a while now so this aint exactly hurting me anymore

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

it's probably alot of dust inside

it's probably alot of dust inside

How do u get the dust out?
i think the only way is to open it up. i opened my 60GB and my cousin's 40GB and 60GB i was able to clean the heatsink fan and all the ports.

if your ps3 fat ever gives you the YLOD look up the blow dryer trick on youtube, it will give you enough time to boot you system to back up your saves on a usb or HD and to eject any stuck disk

How do u get the dust out?
i think the only way is to open it up. i opened my 60GB and my cousin's 40GB and 60GB i was able to clean the heatsink fan and all the ports.

if your ps3 fat ever gives you the YLOD look up the blow dryer trick on youtube, it will give you enough time to boot you system to back up your saves on a usb or HD and to eject any stuck disk

If anyone does do the fix themselves, and it's successful, BACK UP YOUR DATA. It's a mixed bag on success rate, some keep on truckin forever, some get deaded the next day. It's a mixed bag. That guys three tutorial vidoes on youtube are awesome, he covers pretty much everything. Anyone with the latter released fat models might have to use there head a bit more because of a few layout changes but it's nothing a quick google search can't fix.

Back
Top Bottom