PS3 BLINKING RED LIGHTS

If anyone does do the fix themselves, and it's successful, BACK UP YOUR DATA. It's a mixed bag on success rate, some keep on truckin forever, some get deaded the next day. It's a mixed bag. That guys three tutorial vidoes on youtube are awesome, he covers pretty much everything. Anyone with the latter released fat models might have to use there head a bit more because of a few layout changes but it's nothing a quick google search can't fix.

So I got the dreaded blinking lights tonight. 
mad.gif
  I have the MGS4 Bundle.  My COD:BO is stuck inside. Is the only way for me to get my disc out of the PS3, is to open it up?  A friend said to do the PS3 fan test to get it out and I tried it and it doesn't even work. Went to youtube to see if I was doing it wrong and I wasn't.

Just had to miss out on that Amazon $75GC with a PS3 purchase. I saw that walmart is having a similar deal but $100, but there's not one around where I live.
tired.gif

mad.gif
  I have the MGS4 Bundle.  My COD:BO is stuck inside. Is the only way for me to get my disc out of the PS3, is to open it up?  A friend said to do the PS3 fan test to get it out and I tried it and it doesn't even work. Went to youtube to see if I was doing it wrong and I wasn't.

Just had to miss out on that Amazon $75GC with a PS3 purchase. I saw that walmart is having a similar deal but $100, but there's not one around where I live.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by stickmandude

mad.gif

tired.gif

look up the air dryer trick to take out the disk

mad.gif

tired.gif

look up the air dryer trick to take out the disk

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

^^^ so out of all the fat models, which one do you think has the lowest failure rate?
Pass, if I had to answer I'd say the first lot of NTSC 80gb models and the PAL 60gb models. I'd say I don't know enough to answer that one though, just personal experience and what I've read / talked about.

I'm confident in saying the 40gb models released in Nov 07 have it the worst though
laugh.gif
those are the first models that got the upgraded hard drive bay / better screws in the metal. Anyone that got a ps3 early and swapped out the hard drive KNOWS how easy it was to strip the screws on that thing, @#$% was horrible
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

^^^ so out of all the fat models, which one do you think has the lowest failure rate?
Pass, if I had to answer I'd say the first lot of NTSC 80gb models and the PAL 60gb models. I'd say I don't know enough to answer that one though, just personal experience and what I've read / talked about.

I'm confident in saying the 40gb models released in Nov 07 have it the worst though
laugh.gif
those are the first models that got the upgraded hard drive bay / better screws in the metal. Anyone that got a ps3 early and swapped out the hard drive KNOWS how easy it was to strip the screws on that thing, @#$% was horrible
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
YES!  Lol... that was ridiculous.  Playdoh screws.
30t6p3b.gif

I recently upgraded to a slim... no known issues yet on the slim?  It's normally warm, right?  Yes, I know electronic devices usually give off heat...
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
YES!  Lol... that was ridiculous.  Playdoh screws.
30t6p3b.gif

I recently upgraded to a slim... no known issues yet on the slim?  It's normally warm, right?  Yes, I know electronic devices usually give off heat...
tongue.gif

Ok So my disc is still stuck in my YLOD PS3. Tried the fan test to get it out and tried the blow dryer trick yet no dice. Is opening up my PS3 the only option left? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Ok So my disc is still stuck in my YLOD PS3. Tried the fan test to get it out and tried the blow dryer trick yet no dice. Is opening up my PS3 the only option left? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

All these problems that go on with these systems are such a pain. After all these years I can still go into the closet, dust off my sega genesis and have it running like a champ. 

All these problems that go on with these systems are such a pain. After all these years I can still go into the closet, dust off my sega genesis and have it running like a champ. 

Originally Posted by Angryostrich

very true
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Angryostrich

very true
ohwell.gif

mad.gif

tired.gif

i think this is why many PS3's are messing up...never have there been this many probs/threads till this game came out.   

mad.gif

tired.gif

i think this is why many PS3's are messing up...never have there been this many probs/threads till this game came out.   

Back
Top Bottom