PS3 or XBOX 360

The only reason why xbox has been successful is because it was released early and at a decent price....ps3 messed up charging folks 600 dollars and delayingit's released...if they would of dropped the ps3 during xbox release at 300 dollars then ps3 would be killing them right now

What made me choose PS3 over XBOX 360 is the 54 percent chance my xbox would breakdown
sick.gif

I've always messed with Xbox 360..copped 2 back on launch day a few years back. Never even thought of copping a PS3..especially at 6 bills....
smh.gif

But as far as entertainment value is concerned, Xbox 360 >>> PS3. Cats can say what they want about Xbox Live..but it's always been the goldstandard for online video gaming..something Sony definitely needed to address in order to stay competitive over the long haul with Microsoft.

I mean, each system has its faults and detractors and rightfully so...Xbox 360's red ring of death issues are horrendous...but when I got mine, I got itfixed for free under the warranty and was as good as new.
smile.gif

But PS3 was waaayy overpriced...which is why Nintendo and Microsoft continue to eat up their share of the market. Besides any of that, my personal preferenceis sports games and action based games..so it's an easy decision to pick Xbox.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

But 360 users answer this. If your system is better, why do they have to dumb down FFXIII just so it can be on the 360?
Aleast 360 can keep its exclusives exclusive while PS3 is dying for money and selling one of there 2 big games (FF and MGS).
Tekken & MGS on the 360 is what I'm looking forward to
pimp.gif

You didnt answer my question. You completly changed the subject.
laugh.gif
And play Tekken with tat dpad?
roll.gif
good luck.!
Don't care about FF, I guess 360 can't handle the pure awesomeness on FF? As for the d pad... I got this bad boy
pimp.gif

sfiv-x360-tourney-stick.jpg

Yea I forgot about that.
laugh.gif
Good answer.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
And yes 360 can't handle the pure awesomeness of FF.
wink.gif

Lasty FF13 was not dumbed down, Square Enix said so, Sony fanboys are holding onto a BS claim just to make themselves feel better when more copies are sold on the XBOX. -Rusty
we talking about 80% again?
smile.gif

I sold my 360 to get a ps3 and I know it'll just sit there most of the time anyway but if tht doesn't /thread I don't know what will

Had an x-box......sold it last year, got a ps3 a few months ago.

RIGHT NOW..........Im gonna say PS3, MAINLY because of the free online play......The games are pretty good.

Only thing i miss about my 360 is the Halo online play.......but im sure MW3 will suffice.

Oh yea PS3 controller > X-Box controller......Its more comfortable to use 4 fingers instead of 6.

thanks for the insight everyone, keep it coming, I think I've made the decision to get both, but which one should I get first?

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

thanks for the insight everyone, keep it coming, I think I've made the decision to get both, but which one should I get first?
oh man, i know youre not doing it intentionally but youre seriously opening a can of worms for the fanboys with these questions
laugh.gif

get the ps3, wait for the 360 as im sure youre going to see a price drop from microsoft soon now that theyre feeling the pressure from sony at 299, their"temporary" $50 mail in rebare isnt cutting it

edit - i forgot about you going for refurbished systems, my bad, yeah that used 360 might as well come with the box microsoft sends you

PS3 >

Xbox360 doesn't have anything significant to undercut PS3. Online IS the only argument the 360 owners come up with and to be dead honest, the onlydifference is one you pay the other is FREE.

PSN is and has always been a MORE stable online system AND has dedicated servers for there exclusives.

free online play, lulz, seriously thats all you guys got? its pathetic, a mere 3 bucks a month. here, Ill pay for you Live *throws money in face*

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

free online play, lulz, seriously thats all you guys got? its pathetic, a mere 3 bucks a month. here, Ill pay for you Live *throws money in face*
thats what i said... dudes on NT be buying polo, $150 J's, +$100 nikes, and if you can afford a ps3 or 360 should you really worry about lessthen $10 a month? hell i bet they even have a nice TV to go with the system too....

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

thats what i said... dudes on NT be buying polo, $150 J's, +$100 nikes, and if you can afford a ps3 or 360 should you really worry about less then $10 a month? hell i bet they even have a nice TV to go with the system too....
but thats like buying that tv, then having to pay $3 a month for basic tv...

I seen all the NT'ers that rep 360, and seriously, that is one of the biggest deterents right there.
laugh.gif

RustyShackleford
This dude here.
eyes.gif

Only reason he has an NT account is for these thread.

FFXIII isn't getting dumbed down because of 360?
laugh.gif

Keep dreaming. That's why you are going to see people importing the Japanese version.

See I hate when dudes say 360 is for people who like to play online.

I've logged way more online time with PS3 than I have with the 360.

They online that 360 has over it is Cross Game Chat! That's it and that's all.

Does PSN have an equivalent of Xbox Live Parties?

Playing a shooter in an Xbox Live party with 5 of your friends >>>>>> playing multiplayer with a single friend >> playing multiplayeralone

And yes, 360 is most definitely for people who like to play online to a higher degree than PS3 is. The 360 has been built as an online system from day 1. Itsbiggest exclusives (Halo and Gears of War) are more about multiplayer than the campaign. Headphones are spread out way more in the 360 community than the PS3,where I hear that you rarely meet someone with headphones.

The ONLY argument PSN has over Xbox Live is that its free, and that is a good argument. But in the end, the reason PSN is free is because it's flat outinferior.. If you have both consoles and play both on PSN and Xbox Live but still think there isn't any difference, then it's simply because youaren't using Xbox Live's capabilities to the fullest and are playing multiplayer like it was played 10 years ago on Counter Strike or something.

I've had a xbox 360 for a few years and recently got a slim ps3 and i must say nothing about the ps3 has really impressed me although im not a huge gamerto begin with. I spend most of my gaming time on the 360, I hear ppl complaining about the price of live but like YoungTriz said its less than $10 a month
eyes.gif

ps3 good for bluray

360 + Live for games

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

See I hate when dudes say 360 is for people who like to play online.

I've logged way more online time with PS3 than I have with the 360.

They online that 360 has over it is Cross Game Chat! That's it and that's all.

Does PSN have an equivalent of Xbox Live Parties?

Playing a shooter in an Xbox Live party with 5 of your friends >>>>>> playing multiplayer with a single friend >> playing multiplayer alone

And yes, 360 is most definitely for people who like to play online to a higher degree than PS3 is. The 360 has been built as an online system from day 1. Its biggest exclusives (Halo and Gears of War) are more about multiplayer than the campaign. Headphones are spread out way more in the 360 community than the PS3, where I hear that you rarely meet someone with headphones.

The ONLY argument PSN has over Xbox Live is that its free, and that is a good argument. But in the end, the reason PSN is free is because it's flat out inferior.. If you have both consoles and play both on PSN and Xbox Live but still think there isn't any difference, then it's simply because you aren't using Xbox Live's capabilities to the fullest and are playing multiplayer like it was played 10 years ago on Counter Strike or something.
What?
laugh.gif

I heard on 360, if you say Bill Gates' name 3 times while staring at the logo, you gain 5 extra GB of space!
eek.gif

Ive owned both systems, when it comes down to which one i kept, it was the 360. i know many people complain about RROD but you can getit fixed for free with the warranty. The ps3 is good but it wasn't getting any play so i sold that +%*%.

Originally Posted by Ghost703

I hear ppl complaining about the price of live but like YoungTriz said its less than $10 a month

I mean, you don't have to look for more than 2 minutes to find it for way less than that. I just browsed eBay for 30 seconds and found a 12 month Xbox Livesubscription for $35. In the end, that is less than $3 per month. Who the hell pays for Xbox Live per month anyway? Just buy a 12 month subscription andyou're home free for the next year.

not everybody has the luxury to throw their mommy and daddys money in peoples faces let alone to pay for their online gaming youngbuckaroo
laugh.gif
wink.gif
...btw you wanna pay me $3 for my car insurance buddy?
tongue.gif

anyways i had this dilemma between 360 and ps3 last month...but i decided to buy a ps3 slim instead cause of
-blu ray
-free online gaming
-120gb
-no ring of death

and of course im a batman fan so buying arkham asylum

joker as a playable character
pimp.gif

/thread

Back
Top Bottom