PS3|PSP THD: Dirty is shutting us down, help us get to 25k before tomorrow!

Not saying this is a nock on PS3, but I find it sad when you have to advertise a game running at 60fps like it's some achievement.

TIMBERWOLVES TWINS VIKINGS
Xbox Live - nnarum

^ Well, that's the video game developer's/creator's responsibility, not SONY. It's a big deal because it's a big company (EA Sports) and they were just lazy at the beginning.

THIS IS A BACKWARDS COMPATIBILTY CHECKER
that will allow you to find out how backwards compaible some PS1 and PS2 games are on the PS3. It's from the EU Playstation site, but applies to US released games too.

PS1 & PS2 Backwards Compatibility LIst of Games for PS3
I'm herpes free, if it matters
some girls are bigger than others, some girls mothers are bigger than other girls mothers
Boycott Perishable Chinese Imports

hey does anyone know how i can download ps2 games saves off a website, put it on a flash drive and upload to ps3? is there a certain way to do it?
///
teamdecepticon
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Quote:
Not saying this is a nock on PS3, but I find it sad when you have to advertise a game running at 60fps like it's some achievement.
Courtesy of Gamernode.com
Quote:
One complaint I do have with the 360 version is the constant framerate issue. On the PS2 and other current-gen consoles, the game runs at a fairly constant 60fps. On the 360, however, it runs at 30fps. This causes a much slower feeling game, and in some of the more graphically-heavy modes like the Superstar mode, it's very easy for the game to stutter or get choppy. Sadly, the Xbox 360 version also suffers from some odd animations and sometimes-humorous-but-ultimately-disappointing clipping issues. The current-gen consoles have the same problem, but with the 360 it's much more noticeable.
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky.​

Courtesy of digg.comNew 40GB PS3 at $399.99 for the holidays
40gb_ps3_mole.jpg
Quote:
Ars Technica has their very own mole, who they say is very good at what he does. Looks like he dug up some interesting stuff on Sony's plan for the holiday season. The rumor is as follows: the 80GB PS3 falls to $499.99, and a brand new 40GB PS3 is offered at $399.99.

Analysts have predicted the 80GB price drop before. As for this 40GB model, we've had a few tip offs that it might be in the works. In addition, the mole adds that Spider-Man 3 Blu-ray may be packed in with one or both of the bundles, and the PS2 drops to $99.99. Of course, these are merely rumors, so don't hold your breath while waiting for lower priced PS3s. We expect to find out more at Tokyo Game Show.

My Take: This is just a rumor, take it with a grain of salt.

-------------------------

Courtesy of Gamesradar.comOne hit kills in Soul Calibur IV?
Soul%20Calibur%20Logo_qjpreviewth.jpg
Quote:
Long-time players and fans of the critically-acclaimed Soul Calibur series remain faithful to it strictly for two reasons: the first is its deep yet accessible weapon-based fighting mechanics that always seem to get more and more complex and fun with each iteration, and the second being its impressive balance. Unfortunately, things may have changed in the fourth coming of the legendary beat-em-up - namely, the existence of a one-hit kill system.

Yes, you read that right - one hit kills. Ichigeki Hissatsu. Get it to stick, and you win the round without breaking a sweat. You may remember this system being revolutionized in Guilty Gear, what with its crazy-looking special attacks and even crazier-looking instant-kill moves.

While it made sense for Guilty Gear - the series itself wasn't all that balanced to begin with - armchair pugilists who train daily in the school of Soul Calibur may find themselves displeased with the ability to instantly destroy their opponent.

However, there's no cause for panic yet. In the OPM article where this new feature was revealed to be included in Namco Bandai's Soul Calibur IV, it was stated that it doesn't involve the health gauge - which then throws possibility of another weapon-break system, like in Soul Edge.

This is good news, considering the fact that you still have to wear your opponent's weapon down with successive hits in order for it to actually break, while one-hit kills offer instant victory with a more complicated button press.

While it's certainly great that the Soul Calibur series is evolving, addition of such features could literally make or break its popularity - especially for those of us who want to take it on in a more professional way. Updates as we get them.

My Take:
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky.​

Quote:
Ars Technica has their very own mole, who they say is very good at what he does. Looks like he dug up some interesting stuff on Sony's plan for the holiday season. The rumor is as follows: the 80GB PS3 falls to $499.99, and a brand new 40GB PS3 is offered at $399.99.
Code:
               We are creatures of the windWild is the wind...

FIFA Heads dope as trailer involving skill moves...my favorite fifa to this day remains '98 simply because you could rainbow the ball over your head and bicycle the @#%$ on command...looks like that ability is finally back

www.gametrailers.com/player/23802.html
RAIDER NATION

Let yee nuts hang low or walk the plank
Asomugha - Burgess - Carr - Curry - Gabriel - Howard - Huff - Morrison - Porter - Washington​

even if they do drop the price i'm very much satisfied...

i got the 60 GB PS3 for the same price as (supposedly) the 80 GB will eventually be...all i need to do is upgrade my hard drive in the future and that's it...

i don't have a game for my PS3 yet but i've been playing a couple demos here and there...pretty dope how the whole system runs through, i'm loving the online store already...btw, heads up...when killzone eventually comes out, i guarantee me >>> anyone you know or will know...as long as the controls stays relatively the same from the last game
TEAMSSB
Captain Falcon​

References: ipg05, yoyoyosuperman, AJForLife23(x2)...

Oh my Dear Lord! That fifa trailer is beautiful! This is the main reason I'm even considering buying a PS3

Gamespot gave Heavenly Sword an 8.8. Take that into account with IGN's score, and decide for yourself. Both of them had problems with the length of the game.

Heart you said that the PS3 version of NHL 08 is running at 60fps. I'm sorry but it's 30. I played it and it almost has a strobe light stutter effect to it...
-| H.C.I.C. |-
Respect the Head Chog in Charge​

I'm telling yall, FIFA 08 is gonna be the TRUTH. I'm loving that run n' gun style camera angle as your behind the player on the field, :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
Quote:
Heart you said that the PS3 version of NHL 08 is running at 60fps. I'm sorry but it's 30. I played it and it almost has a strobe light stutter effect to it...
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky.​

Courtesy of namcobandaigames.comEternal Sonata website lists PS3 as platform
esnota425.jpg
Quote:
Currently confirmed as an Xbox 360 RPG, Eternal Sonata's official US website lists a curious addition: a PlayStation 3 version. We'd like to think that this isn't a mistake, but rather confirmation of a PS3 release. Considering it's only midnight on the west coast, Namco Bandai obviously won't return our e-mails, but stay tuned for more.

My Take: This isn't really new to me, but maybe new to some, but I guess this is a confirmation that it is heading to the PS3, but I already posted it in the OG PS3 thread that Famitsu magazine reported that it was coming to PS3. Usually about 99.999999999999999999% of the time if Famitsu reports it, it's def a confirmation later to be revealed.

--------------------------

Courtesy of Kotaku.comTake-Two Pushes L.A. Noire Into 2009?
lanoire.jpg
Quote:
We always look forward to unique and singular titles; games that provide us with a relatively new experience and hold their own against the big boys. This what we're expecting from Take-Two Interactive's crime drama for the PS3, L.A. Noire. Unfortunately, it seems we'll have to wait a lot longer than we thought before we can sample the goods.

Take-Two has decided to move this title out of their fiscal year 2008 release schedule according to a conference call that occurred yesterday (source: Kotaku). It's a Rockstar Games production and was first announced way back in the summer of 2005, but now it probably won't hit until some time in 2009. We found out it'd be a PS3 exclusive a few months ago, much to the delight of many a PS3 owner. L.A. Noire is part of a multi-title Take-Two exclusive deal with Sony, but we really haven't heard or seen much of anything just yet. Well, obviously there's a reason...they're just not very far along in development, it seems.

As a side note, the PSP rhythm title, Beaterator, has also slipped into 2009. And while we never really had a concrete release date for L.A. Noire, it's still disappointing to learn it won't show up next year.

My Take:
44kjlar.gif

---------------------------------

Courtesy of gameplayer.com/auInfinity Ward hints at online co-op for CoD 4: Modern Warfare
Call%20of%20duty_qjpreviewth.jpg
Quote:
We all know how good the feedback coming from Activision's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare beta is, but it just might get better if there's any truth behind a rumor that's been going around. According to Spong, Infinity Ward studio head and producer Grant Collier was quoted in the Activate Asia Conference with what seemed to be a slip about CoD 4's co-op mode.

Collier was asked whether there would be a split-screen multiplayer co-op for local games or not to which he replied, "Uh, no, Im not really supposed to say anything about that but Im a big fan of Xbox Live and downloadable content."

Whether that was indicative of things to come or simply a weird answer, we'll know when Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare hits store shelves. The game goes out for the Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3, and the PC.

My Take: :wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky.​

Wow @ that FIFA Trailer. Very nice.
I'm herpes free, if it matters
some girls are bigger than others, some girls mothers are bigger than other girls mothers
Boycott Perishable Chinese Imports

Courtesy of namcombandaigames.comBeautiful Katamari rolling back home - probably
katamari6825.jpg
Quote:
Namco Bandai's recent site update has unearthed a veritable treasure trove of info. First Eternal Sonata's inevitable move to the PS3 and now Beautiful Katamari is listed as being available for the PS3 in the future too. While neither of these titles have any sort of release date beyond "To Be Determined," it's nice to know that we have two potentially excellent Japanese specialties on the way.

We're intrigued to see what sort of control system they come up with for the SIXAXIS. It seems like the perfect game to utilise some motion controls, especially since a Wii version also seems to be in production. As long as they don't make the same mistake some developers have and allow an option for analogue controls.

My Take:
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky.​

Quote:
My Take: I think PS3 will have an all out royal rumble for FPS this year. You have Haze, Unreal Tournament III, Call of Duty 4, Timeshift, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Time Crisis 4 and SOCOM: Confrontation as the top contenders. Which is gonna get your money? If I had to choose one, I would give a slight edge to Unreal Tournament III :wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
5 IS NOT ENOUGH​

I just read about Katamari myself. They better bring the Prince of all the Cosmos back home!!
-| H.C.I.C. |-
Respect the Head Chog in Charge​

I'm out of the loop. With the 80GB being only 70% backwards compatible, they're pretty much going to keep it that way with no future improvements making it to 100%?

I bought just bought a 60GB a about 3 months back but had resold it to a friend since I'd rather get the 80GB, but I would rather have that full backwards compatibility too.... >:
mad.gif

Member since November 22, 2000 - AIR JORDAN TWO3​

im trying to buy a router so I can hook up my ps3 online, any recommendations?

teamSTUY

n1ke drawer x proFRESH x quWESTlove x widmarklesNYC​

one simple question and I know it was probably stated in the old thread, but what's the projected RD for Killzone 2?
thanks

-J-
I'm a pitiful sight, and I ain't all that bright. I'm definitely not chiseled from stone. I'm a cheat and a liar. No woman's desire. I'll probably die cold and alone......but just give me a chance, 'cause deep down inside I swear I've got a big heart of gold. I'm a monogamous man, no more one night stands. Come on honey, let me take you home. So kiss me I'm $#!+faced. I'm soaked I'm soiled and brown in the trousers. She kissed me and I only bought her one round.

has anyone loaded there pic to the photo game face for woods yet i keep trying but it wont let me load it to the game please help me out on this
og jordan 1 mini shoe for sale # out of 6,000 get at me

Quote:
one simple question and I know it was probably stated in the old thread, but what's the projected RD for Killzone 2?
thanks

possibly sometime in spring 08

Back
Top Bottom