PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

JA, I hear you on the music thing, though. Right now I could give two *@*@*, but once I play the game it might seem like it doesnt fit.

I was about to put that I read XIV was to be in BETA pretty soon (early 2010), but I see Hybrid dropped some knowledge.
pimp.gif

I am VERY happy to see FFXIII offline completely. Some games are great for online, but I need a RPG that you can immerse yourself in for hours without outsideinfluence effecting decisions/ect.

Playable doesn't necessarily mean it'll be out that year though,
nerd.gif
. Winter 2010 may be realistic for Japan, but for NA? Not sure..
nerd.gif

Believe you me I want them out ASAP just like all of you, but I don't have faith in SE pounding out huge releases so quickly. I mean I'd rather havethem take their time, do them right than rush it out.

I really appreciate all the effort they put forth, and every Final Fantasy title I'm more than happy to spend my hard earned money on, as I do, but I justwant them to take their time.

(But I don't play the MMO's, because 1) I don't have the time to dedicate myself to an MMO, 2) I don't have the hardware to do that, and 3) Idon't got the cash either).

It's kind of discouraging we haven't heard much of Agito/Versus, but I guess it's put on the back-burner media-wise as either they're workinghard to complete it and don't want to divulge any information, or they just want to focus on getting XIII out.

And yeah I don't want to ever see any non-MMO Final Fantasy title have an online-component to it.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Believe you me I want them out ASAP just like all of you, but I don't have faith in SE pounding out huge releases so quickly. I mean I'd rather have them take their time, do them right than rush it out.

I really appreciate all the effort they put forth, and every Final Fantasy title I'm more than happy to spend my hard earned money on, as I do, but I just want them to take their time.

(But I don't play the MMO's, because 1) I don't have the time to dedicate myself to an MMO, 2) I don't have the hardware to do that, and 3) I don't got the cash either).

It's kind of discouraging we haven't heard much of Agito/Versus, but I guess it's put on the back-burner media-wise as either they're working hard to complete it and don't want to divulge any information, or they just want to focus on getting XIII out.
I've been following XIV, and wasn't hearing them say it was expected/planned to be released in 2010, it was it will be. And Japan/NA/EUreleases PS3/PC will be at same time. 360 possibly same time but probably later.
Betas are planned to be given out with FFXIII in Japan when its released next month, JP only
mad.gif

And in terms of hardware for playing MMO's, if your PC can't do it good enough, PS2 and 360 run FFXI fine, and XIV on console as well. But obviouslytime commitment and monthly payments are main thing that would keep people away from them moreso.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Believe you me I want them out ASAP just like all of you, but I don't have faith in SE pounding out huge releases so quickly. I mean I'd rather have them take their time, do them right than rush it out.

I really appreciate all the effort they put forth, and every Final Fantasy title I'm more than happy to spend my hard earned money on, as I do, but I just want them to take their time.

(But I don't play the MMO's, because 1) I don't have the time to dedicate myself to an MMO, 2) I don't have the hardware to do that, and 3) I don't got the cash either).

It's kind of discouraging we haven't heard much of Agito/Versus, but I guess it's put on the back-burner media-wise as either they're working hard to complete it and don't want to divulge any information, or they just want to focus on getting XIII out.

And yeah I don't want to ever see any non-MMO Final Fantasy title have an online-component to it.
SE wants to seriously do a 6 month closed/open beta for XIV in all applicable countries. You're going to need some nice hardware to run XIV.Don't expect Versus info until E3 or TGS next year. Don't even ask about Kingdom Hearts 3 until 2012.

I just can't get over the idea of playing an MMO on anything BUT a desktop.

The main thing is the time commitment though. I like to play games periodically, and with MMO's they're constantly taking money out of my bank account,and I'm quite of a Jew right now with my money..
nerd.gif
. I pinch pennies since I'm a college student, so I don't really care to have 15 dollars betaken outta my account every month if I may only play a few hours a month, while other months I'll spend days. I played an MMO once and got hooked and itmessed with my grades bigtime, so I'm not getting sucked into that again.

I'm not even worried about KH3, I know that won't be out for a while, seems like they concentrate they're efforts on it after a new batch of FinalFantasy games come out. I have enough to hold me over for a while, as I haven't even gotten to play any games on the PS3 because of this past semester ofcollege.
tired.gif

You guys going to be getting into XIV? Unless there's something to really hook me in, I don't think I will. I thought of buying the recent collectionof FFXI stuff just to have it, check it out sometime if I'm not busy, but I just don't know
tired.gif

The whole thing with the FF MMO's is that TO ME, they seem to stray too far from the Final Fantasy feel in order for me to get into them. Then again Iwouldn't know what I'm talking about, I've never played XI.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

BTW, can someone school me on Final Fantasy?
Simply put, greatest video game series. Ever. Every RPG created wants to be the "next" FF.
DE-BATE-ABLE...

The greatest video game series gets a new addition on Sunday...
pimp.gif

Plus it so happens to come out on my B-Day
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
Super-Mario-Bros-Wii.jpg

The Wii becomes relevant again for a short time
laugh.gif

Yeah I think I love the Super Mario series a bit more than Final Fantasy. There's just something about that damn plumber
smh.gif

Legend of Zelda is very high for me too, those three are my top three, undoubtedly.

Though there's games I've never beaten in all the series. (never beat Super Mario Bros. 1, or Sunshine. Never beat Majora's Mask, Zelda 2, or theOracles games, and I never beat FF2, or FF8 (even though I love the dynamics of that game, I just never got the chance to sit down and beat it)).

New Super Mario Bros Wii should be
pimp.gif
. I was blown away by the first, so I think this should be much better.

I'm anticipating Galaxy 2 way more though, when I saw Yoshi, I was stoked. Super Mario World is probably favorite videogame ever.
nerd.gif

The Wii isn't bad, it's miles ahead of the GC IMO, and possibly the best Nintendo system since the SNES, (N64 had some real good ones, but it never gotme too deep). Galaxy, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Twilight Princess (if you consider it GC, that's fine too), Super Paper Mario, RE4, Metroid Prime, plus theupcoming Galaxy 2, Other M, plus hopefully another LoZ game before the system goes into their next-gen, it's NOT bad. I definitely have more Wii games thanI do GC/N64 games.

Yeah I think I love the Super Mario series a bit more than Final Fantasy. There's just something about that damn plumber
smh.gif

Legend of Zelda is very high for me too, those three are my top three, undoubtedly.

Though there's games I've never beaten in all the series. (never beat Super Mario Bros. 1, or Sunshine. Never beat Majora's Mask, Zelda 2, or the Oracles games, and I never beat FF2, or FF8 (even though I love the dynamics of that game, I just never got the chance to sit down and beat it)).

New Super Mario Bros Wii should be
pimp.gif
. I was blown away by the first, so I think this should be much better.

I'm anticipating Galaxy 2 way more though, when I saw Yoshi, I was stoked. Super Mario World is probably favorite videogame ever.
nerd.gif

The Wii isn't bad, it's miles ahead of the GC IMO, and possibly the best Nintendo system since the SNES, (N64 had some real good ones, but it never got me too deep). Galaxy, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Twilight Princess (if you consider it GC, that's fine too), Super Paper Mario, RE4, Metroid Prime, plus the upcoming Galaxy 2, Other M, plus hopefully another LoZ game before the system goes into their next-gen, it's NOT bad. I definitely have more Wii games than I do GC/N64 games.
Agreed!
I was personally hoping the next 3d Mario wasn't going to be outer space again...

I don't know, I wasn't thrilled with the idea either, I wanted to hop back into the Mushroom Kingdom proper.

But I played the game thoroughly till the VERY end. Then when I was done playing, I was like wow, this was pretty entertaining.

I'll still give it a whirl, but I just hope after this they go back to their old formula.

And I hope LoZ stays the way it is now. No more cell-shaded games please. WW was good, it was fine, and the DS games are fine cell-shaded, but not on the Wiiplease.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via connectedconsoles.com

Killzone 3 Coming in 2011?
KZ2_MP_0036.jpg

Well well well, look what's popped up in the headline again. It seems we will be seeing the next Killzone game in 2011 and maybe even as early as 2010. It was reported?that the game could be on it's way last month when the Official PlayStation Magazine listed it as one of the 'Secret Games of 2010'.

When speaking in a video interview with a Dutch TV Show recently, Guerilla Studios employee Jan-Bart Van Beek ia reported to claim "Right now, Killzone 3 for a release in 2011, is being developed. Who knows, maybe we'll see the game even as early as 2010."

Guerilla themselves have said that they haven't finished with the PlayStation 3, and now it's looking more and more likely that we'll be seeing the latest instalment in the Killzone series next year. It looks like Guerilla want to take the attention off Modern Warfare 2 which is set for release tomorrow.

Still, take this lightly guy's as there's still no official confirmation from Sony themselves.

My Take: Yup!
pimp.gif

i traded my killzone in to get MW2, i neef to buy killzone 2 again.

I don't know, I wasn't thrilled with the idea either, I wanted to hop back into the Mushroom Kingdom proper.

But I played the game thoroughly till the VERY end. Then when I was done playing, I was like wow, this was pretty entertaining.

I'll still give it a whirl, but I just hope after this they go back to their old formula.

And I hope LoZ stays the way it is now. No more cell-shaded games please. WW was good, it was fine, and the DS games are fine cell-shaded, but not on the Wii please.

Word is Zelda will have a first person mode
nerd.gif

MARCH 9th, 2010 can not come soon enough

I want to know what is in the SE edition ( even though its a instant cop) just saw the trailer on IGN
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

The sooner KZ3 comes out the better. I hate Modern Warfare 2.

I love MW2, but I really need to get myself another copy of KZ2. Shouldn't have traded it in a couple months back.

I still have my game data and save data on my PS3 despite trading it in a few months ago..

From thegameraccess.com:
OFFICIAL: God of War III Will Have Online Cooperative Modes

With the release of the God of War Collection right around the corner, many God of War fanatics are anxiously waiting to pick up their copy Tuesday. The God of War Collection will not only give PS3 owners the ability to play a remastered version of God of War I and II in HD, but also early access to the God of War III E3 Demo. I just got done completing the demo and I must say I was blown away, but something else just came into play. Read more to find out!

After playing the amazing God of War III Demo, I logged onto Sony's Retail Loyalty Site which educates retail employees about their upcoming products and noticed they had a God of War III module, so I decided to take it. I was taking the module just like any other until I noticed something surprisingly shocking.

gow3-coop-confirmed.jpg

You read it right! God of War III will feature online cooperative modes. There have been rumors flying across the web regarding cooperative modes for God of War III, but I am here to confirm it to all. March 2010 just cannot come soon enough!

Anybody else hook up their netflix discs yet on their PS3...I received the disc and loaded everything up. Picture quality though was moderate at best, I'vegot a full hd 1080p set up and some images were still slightly pixelated.

help. my 60gb died. shut off on me. when i turn it on, it just shuts off by itself after 5 seconds and beeps 3 times followed by blinking red. fml!

is this a good hard drive for the swap?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152168
I need to swap my original 60 gb.
Also by switching the hard drive do I lose features of my 60gb like Backwards compatability?
Now I want keep my data from the old drive so I heard I will need a external hard drive to backup that stuff then restore after the swap? Is this external agood choice I unno about the format of them and that stuff.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822242002

thanks

I'm looking to finally swap my 60GB drive too. Hopefully at least a 200 will be in my future...

You won't lose backwards compatability because the Emotion Engine chip is built into the 60GB systems. There's no emulation involved.
You will need an external hard drive to backup/transfer your saves and stuff.

Both of those hard drives look good to me.

Back
Top Bottom