PUMPING GAS.. HELP?

this might just be a general problem/issue but i have no idea what theproblem is. whether it has to do with my car or the gas stations i goto. i don't know?

anyways, for the past like 5 times I've gottengas, (at least 91 supreme), the pump would only fuel for a coupleseconds then click and stop pumping. it only last a few seconds notonly that i have to squeeze the pump really soft. it takes meforeverrrrrrrrrr just to fill my tank.

i get gas at chevron andi thought it was just that location, so the next time i needed gas iwent to a different chevron and same %*#!. just this morning i went toshell and the same thing. i just try to pump the gas like i wouldnormally any other car. I've only been driving for 5 years but i neverexperienced this before. it really pisses me off.

how often does this happen to others and what exactly is the problem? thx in advance

this might just be a general problem/issue but i have no idea what theproblem is. whether it has to do with my car or the gas stations i goto. i don't know?

anyways, for the past like 5 times I've gottengas, (at least 91 supreme), the pump would only fuel for a coupleseconds then click and stop pumping. it only last a few seconds notonly that i have to squeeze the pump really soft. it takes meforeverrrrrrrrrr just to fill my tank.

i get gas at chevron andi thought it was just that location, so the next time i needed gas iwent to a different chevron and same %*#!. just this morning i went toshell and the same thing. i just try to pump the gas like i wouldnormally any other car. I've only been driving for 5 years but i neverexperienced this before. it really pisses me off.

how often does this happen to others and what exactly is the problem? thx in advance

Not at all trying to sound like a jerk but are you sure you're doing it right? Make sure you aren't leaning the pump against your car - pull it up slightly and hit the trigger lock and it should continue filling without requiring your hand.

Not at all trying to sound like a jerk but are you sure you're doing it right? Make sure you aren't leaning the pump against your car - pull it up slightly and hit the trigger lock and it should continue filling without requiring your hand.

I gotta get out to Jersey soon.... I've never had anyone else pump my gas like ever......

Yo that happened to me a couple weeks ago I swear it happened like 4-5 times in a row.... pull ur car closer to the pump

I gotta get out to Jersey soon.... I've never had anyone else pump my gas like ever......

Yo that happened to me a couple weeks ago I swear it happened like 4-5 times in a row.... pull ur car closer to the pump

Try putting the pump in upside down. If that doesn't work try putting a pen between the rubber part of the pump and where it meets your car. Make sure you pump as slow as possible while you're trying these.
The problem is most likely a result of pressure buildup in your tank. Is there a hissing sound when you take the pump out??

Try putting the pump in upside down. If that doesn't work try putting a pen between the rubber part of the pump and where it meets your car. Make sure you pump as slow as possible while you're trying these.
The problem is most likely a result of pressure buildup in your tank. Is there a hissing sound when you take the pump out??

I was drunk as hell last night and I pumped like 6 gals of gas onto the pavement and the side of my car...
laugh.gif

I was drunk as hell last night and I pumped like 6 gals of gas onto the pavement and the side of my car...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I've had that happen to me a few times.Luckily it started towards the end though.

laugh.gif
I've had that happen to me a few times.Luckily it started towards the end though.

Originally Posted by Shoryuken

lol yeah i know how to pump gas .
Originally Posted by GRyPR33

Tryputting the pump in upside down. If that doesn't work try putting a penbetween the rubber part of the pump and where it meets your car. Makesure you pump as slow as possible while you're trying these.
nah no hissing sound or anything.

Tryputting the pump in upside down. If that doesn't work try putting a penbetween the rubber part of the pump and where it meets your car. Makesure you pump as slow as possible while you're trying these.

You might have air in your tank that's not venting out or something wrong with your filler hose. The only time I've had this happen was when I was trying to get 93 and the station was basically out, so it was pumping mega slow.. about a gallon every 5 minutes. 

You might have air in your tank that's not venting out or something wrong with your filler hose. The only time I've had this happen was when I was trying to get 93 and the station was basically out, so it was pumping mega slow.. about a gallon every 5 minutes. 

Originally Posted by GFlower8

Eh, try those two things anyway, 99% chance one of them will work

Originally Posted by GFlower8

Eh, try those two things anyway, 99% chance one of them will work

Back
Top Bottom