Q. Richardson rips Stephon Marbury (update pg 7: Steph responds to coach & teammates)

Q needs to shutup cuz hes a bum... and good for marbury for doing his thing... i aint mad and im a knick fan... when i first saw the season start i was heatedthey werent playing marbury.... i was like are you kidding me? you're going to bench the best player on the team? you already knew they werent committed towinning... now we will see if the knicks are truely better without marbury like everyone said
laugh.gif
... and i hope marbury keeps staying on the bench cuz as much as i love the knicksthey deserved this for doing him dirty...i mean seriously what you expect him to do? he gets benched the whole season and then all of a sudden when a tradegoes down and everyone gets injured then they want to call your number... ya rite get out of here with that... and if the knicks wanted to do the right thingthey should of bought him out in the summer so all this wasnt a distraction.... now look what happen its a BIG distraction and it makes the knicks lookunprofessional for handling the situation...

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

The only reason they want him to play now is because Jamals gone and Nates hurt. They did Steph dirty so why should he help D'Antoni? Yeah he's geting paid all this money but he wanted to play and he should play because he's a basketball player but that's exactly what D'Antoni took away from him, the chance to play. Now he's gonna let him be the starting SG when Steph has been told he's not even in there plans??
It's not about helping D'Antoni. Does it not register with you that Steph HAS TO LISTEN TO HIS BOSSES, LIKE IT OR NOT? It's about doing your JOB and being a PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE.

Steph is not some solo entity who does whatever he wants and makes his own rules. Steph is not his own boss. Steph has someone who writes his checks, and as long as he want's to collect those checks, he should have to do what they tell him to. Like it or not. Why? Because it's his job.

Is D'Antoni a scumbag? Did he refuse to baby and coddle Steph so that he can continue to be the most immature and least professional player in the NBA? WHO CARES! It's irrelevant to this situation. It's not about liking your boss, its about doing your job.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you defending Steph's actions AS A PROFESSIONAL (forget morally) actually work jobs. I mean I wake up every @#%%!*# morning and go to work, and do what I need to get my paycheck. It's not about loving my boss, or how they treat me, or what they tell me to do. It's about doing what I'm paid to do. YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR JOB!

Period.

End of Story.

How cliche of you Krisp Kicks. See, the point of liking or disliking your boss and still having to do your job is a moot point. We all work for bosses wedon't like. It's about RESPECT. I tell you what, if a boss disrespects me, he can take the job and shove it up his %+$. I applaud Marbury.

I'm seeing a lot of how he is throwing his team under the bus. Well, where were these same teammates when Marbury was being disrespected? They didn'tseem to care did they? Oh, but now Steph is throwing his teammates under the bus? %%%@%.

Marbury showed up this year willing to "do his job," but D'Antoni said nope. Only when D'Antoni needs the guy to play he asks him. Iwouldve said no too. Didn't just lask week on PTI D'Antoni himself say Marbury has handled the situation with class?

The bottom line is the Knicks lose no matter what. Marbury is still gonna get paid, Knicks will still suck.

Good thing Q is helping things by putting up All - Star numbers

Can you really blame Steph? I bet the next game, if he had agreed to play, he would have been taken out of the lineup.

National media not calling the NY coach childish FTL

Steph tattoo >>> q
Steph shoes>>> Chris Duhon

steph has every right to sit on the bench and not do a damn thing...d'antoni didn't want steph to play and now that he's short on players he wantshim to come back? now that is a B move imo and the media should air him out too
but both parties let it come to this and the only option is to sever ties

A lot of guys here have kind of hit it on the head, so I won't even beat a dead horse...

However, this entire situation has just made the Knicks organization look terrible.

It's apparent that they're trying to clear cap room for 2010, but with the reputation they have right now do they really think free agents willseriously consider signing with them?

I don't know, I just really think that things like this are going to hurt them in the long run...

Im with the dudes in here taking stephs side.
Like the one dude said, Where was Q with this talk when they had bodies?

Marbury shouldnt have to play right now, they disrespected him and took it too far

Marbury will be resigned and Bron will revive his career! Watch and see!! We are all witnesses.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

To be honest, I'm split when it comes to Marbury

For one thing, It's pretty bad when management tells you "go work out and train hard" this summer; only to put you in the inactive list at the beginning for no reason whatsover. He did what he was told and you don't play him because of issues you had with him in phoenix 4 years ago?
grin.gif

However, Marbury should at least suck it up and play. Prove everyone that he still has game in him. But the way he's going about it, it just proves everyone's negative opinions about him. Its not a good look for marbury. He's a very proud person and I understand why he would do that. But i'm pretty sure this is not how he envisioned it coming back to NY.
Agreed 100% (but why did u quote urself?)
I think Q is doing a decent job as becoming a leader for the team now that vets like crawford and zach are ghost, but he's still a scrub on court.

Not a Marbury fan and i don't own his Jersey haha. But i don't blame him for not playing. The Knicks should of bought his contract out in the preseasonand all of this would of been resolved. At the end of the day Q rich is still a bum.

[h1]Marbury suspended one game, told to stay away from Knicks[/h1]
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
(Archive)

NEW YORK -- Stephon Marbury has been suspended for one game by the New York Knicks, who are alleging he refused to play Wednesday night against the Detroit Pistons.
A source close to the team told ESPN.com Friday morning that Marbury will be docked one game's pay. In addition, Marbury has been told to stay awayfrom the team at least until Monday, when his status will be re-addressed. Marbury will not practice Friday, nor will he be welcome in the home locker room atMadison Square Garden when the Knicks play the Golden State Warriors on Saturday night. Marburyhas disputed the Knicks' allegation that he refused to play, telling The New York Post: "I never told [coach Mike D'Antoni] I'm not going toplay. Those words never came out of my mouth. That's insubordination." Hal Biagas, an NBA Players' Association attorney advising Marbury, toldESPN.com Friday morning: "We feel the discipline imposed by the Knicks is baseless. We plan to file a grievance." According to New York-area mediareports, the Knicks were expected to send Marbury home while considering solutions to the problem. Those included fining and suspending him, trying to reach abuyout agreement with him or simply sending him home with pay until he can be traded or released. In an interview with the Post published Friday, Marbury saidhe can't play for D'Antoni because he doesn't trust him. "We need to separate from the relationship," he said, according to the Post."The marriage is over. It's a done deal." The Knicks are currently down to two healthy guards -- Chris Duhon and AnthonyRoberson -- after Nate Robinson missed Wednesday's game with a groin injuryand Cuttino Mobley has not yet been cleared by team doctors.
Marbury, who said his suspicion of D'Antoni has reached the point that "I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog across the street," said hedid not create the Knicks' current situation, according to the Post.
"[D'Antoni] created this from the beginning," Marbury said, accordingto the report. "Why did he create this environment? I came here ready to play, focused, taking on the role I was ready to take on. They said, 'Wedon't want you.' I'm not in the plans. I said, 'OK, no problem.' " "I didn't create this," Marbury said, according tothe Post. "I'm sitting inside the car. I'm not behind the wheel in the driver's seat. I have no control of the wheel of the car, if we'returning or going straight. I'm sitting in the backseat. He's not going to play me because my heart isn't in it, because the way he treated me.That's on him, not me." Marbury is one of the league's highest paid players and is scheduled to make at least $20.8 million this season. AfterMarbury reportedly declined to play against the Pistons, teammate Quentin Richardson offfered harsh criticism. "I don't consider him myteammate," Richardson said of Marbury. "You don't do that to teammates. Regardless of whoever he's trying to stick it to, at the end of theday, we're being left out there." Marbury responded to that criticism in his interview with the Post, saying "Quentin doesn't understandwhat's going on in the business side, but I'm sorry he feels that way."

^amen... just buy him out knicks... dantoni messed up in the first place for not playing marbury and then saying he is not in our plans in the future... thiswouldnt have happened if he just played him... simple as that... at the start dantoni already made up his mind... knicks please just move and take the L onthis one...

While he might not be the most likable guy, from all reports it sounds like Stephon did exactly what management asked him to do this summer only to be jerked when the season came around.
Basically I would like to see how many cats would be all
smile.gif
if that was them. I see why cats on NT have so many girl problems they let cats just run anything on them. Not standing for anything falling foreverything.

q is on the money.

dont buy this whiny little $+%+# out. let him spend the rest of his contract on the bench and then let him fade into obscurity.

Why would D'antoni play Marbury? He sucks and wouldn't do anything to help the team.

I hope this bum loses all this money...worthless.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

Why would D'antoni play Marbury? He sucks and wouldn't do anything to help the team.

I hope this bum loses all this money...worthless.

Thats cool if Mike felt that way, but be upfront about it. Don't beat around the bush all summer and then come the season tell a completely different tale.If you want to be a man and make a man's decision, then be man enough to own up to it. I don't think D'antoni did that. Don't blame Marbury forfeeling disrespected after he was treated like a bastard step-child after the NYK's management said everyone would be given a 'clean slate'...

Meh.

The Knicks suck with Marbury. And they'll suck without him.

That pretty much sums up his impact and importance.

One of the most overrated players I've ever seen. I'm sure I'll catch flack from diehard NY NTers, but lets be honest. Dude really isn't allthat. And never has been. Add all his drama to the situation and you have one unlikeable dude.

Marbury's response..

NEW YORK (AP) - With his career in New York seemingly finished, Knicks guard Stephon Marbury lashed out at teammates and coach Mike D'Antoni a day before he was to meet with team president Donnie Walsh about a possible buyout, the New York Post reported in Monday's edition.

Walsh suspended Marbury for Saturday's game against Golden State because the Knicks said Marbury refused to play Wednesday night in a loss at Detroit. The Knicks also docked his pay from that night, with the penalties costing Marbury nearly $400,000.

"I sat there for three weeks and didn't say one word," Marbury told The Post. "I didn't hear one of my teammates say, `Why isn't Stephon Marbury playing? This is a good system for him, even to play with the second unit and bring more firepower.'

"When things got bad and then worse, guys like Quentin Richardson say, `I don't consider him a teammate. He let his teammates out to dry.' He didn't care I was his teammate when I was banished. They left me out for dead. It's like we're in a foxhole and I'm facing the other way. If I got shot in the head, at least you want to get shot by the enemy. I got shot in the head by my own guys in my foxhole. And they didn't even give me an honorable death."

Marbury isn't part of D'Antoni's plans and has been on the inactive list most of the season. However, D'Antoni twice asked Marbury if he would play when the Knicks were undermanned.
"Mike had no intentions of me playing basketball here," Marbury said. "He gave me straight disrespect. It was beyond disrespect. He put in (Danilo) Gallinari, whose back is messed up and (who) didn't participate at all in training camp ahead of me (in the season opener). ... That's saying, `I'm letting you have it right now.' He was sticking it to me."

Walsh has said he's opposed to buyouts and agreed that it's difficult to trade Marbury because of his salary of approximately $21 million.

"He (D'Antoni) knew I was in my contract year and did everything they asked me to do. He's not trying to help me. He's trying to hurt me," Marbury said.

Marbury agreed to suit up last Friday night in Milwaukee so the Knicks would have the league-mandated eight players in uniform, but declined D'Antoni's offer before the game to take some available minutes.

D'Antoni and Walsh didn't feel that was insubordination, but Walsh believed he had to act this time, when Marbury turned D'Antoni down after guards Nate Robinson and Cuttino Mobley were unavailable in the second game of a back-to-back.

"He suspended me without hearing both sides," Marbury said. "That wasn't fair. He took it upon himself to fine me without even speaking to me."

The players' association plans to file a grievance because Marbury insists he never refused to play.
"Mike gave the option to play," he said. "He couldn't come to me man to man and say, `You have to play.' It was an option."

Back
Top Bottom