QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

#Ifthedefenseisn'teliteRusscan'twinthegame
Still maintain this opinion.....

The proof is in the pudding my friend.  Just look at Russell's career.  The simple fact of the matter is, when the Seahawks defense doesn't shut down the opposing team, the Seahawks lose.  In Russell's career, Seahawk opponents score an average of 12.3 points per game in Seahawk wins.  In Russell's career, Seahawk opponents score an average of 26.1 points per game in Seahawk losses.

The numbers are even worse this year.

I give Russell all the credit for playing the way he has been the last month.  He is playing Hall of Fame football.  The win against the Steelers was incredibly impressive.  But even still, over the last 5 games where Wilson has been balling out, the Seahawks defense has STILL only given up 13.8 points per game.  And that is including the game where they gave up THIRTY to the Steelers.

So yes, Russell is balling out.  But this narrative that Seahawks fans are pushing that they are being carried by Russell Wilson is, yet again, completely ridiculous.

Not a Seahawks fan but that line of thinking is completely ridiculous ..if wat he's doing right now isn't carrying the team what in the hell is ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

4-5 before he went on a tear of 20 TDs and no picks ..that is the definition of putting a team on your back

Still maintain this opinion.....

The proof is in the pudding my friend.  Just look at Russell's career.  The simple fact of the matter is, when the Seahawks defense doesn't shut down the opposing team, the Seahawks lose.  In Russell's career, Seahawk opponents score an average of 12.3 points per game in Seahawk wins.  In Russell's career, Seahawk opponents score an average of 26.1 points per game in Seahawk losses.

The numbers are even worse this year.

I give Russell all the credit for playing the way he has been the last month.  He is playing Hall of Fame football.  The win against the Steelers was incredibly impressive.  But even still, over the last 5 games where Wilson has been balling out, the Seahawks defense has STILL only given up 13.8 points per game.  And that is including the game where they gave up THIRTY to the Steelers.

So yes, Russell is balling out.  But this narrative that Seahawks fans are pushing that they are being carried by Russell Wilson is, yet again, completely ridiculous.

My goodness.

Russ right now is balling... It's not discrediting or hating to say his defense carried him his whole career up until this season..

That "narrative" was true before this stretch of hot play..

Is Russ elite over a one month stretch of carrying his team??

That Steelers game is the first time in his career where he won a game in which his defense allowed 25 plus..

Hes still ascending, he has carried his team to the playoffs this year...

Still a very small sample size no matter how Seattle fans see it..

Eye test, numbers test, and every other test showed his defense and running game carried this team...Russell is just now changing that "narrative" now imo..

And I'm very happy for him and his success..dude has grown in every sense of the word into a complete pocket qb..

But let's not pretend he's been doing this all his career...

Last edited:
That's not taking away from Russ.. It's not hating.. It's not pushing a tired narrative..

I haven't seen an elite qb in Seattle before the Steelers game this year..

I saw a very good and a very unique qb..

But this past month is the first thing in Russ career where I thought no matter the defense, no matter the running game, Seattle has a chance to win because of Russ .

That's not hating.. Not imo at least.. I'm actually giving him credit for growing, alot of qbs don't...

Russ right now is balling... It's not discrediting or hating to say his defense carried him his whole career up until this season..

That Steelers game is the first time in his career where he won a game in which his defense allowed 25 plus..

Eye test, numbers test, and every other test showed his defense and running game carried this team...Russell is just now changing that "narrative" now imo..

And I'm very happy for him and his success..dude has grown in every sense of the word into a complete pocket qb..

All of this.

Said he was on that Big Ben/Early Thomas-steez over the last few years. Nothing wrong with that AT ALL -- wish more QBs could get that luxury instead of thrown on a **** team and setup for failure.

Wanted to see him take control more often and put the team on his back when things aren't going his way. He's doing just that. Shawn hurt, Rawls out, and he and Doug out there looking like Montana to Rice. It's a small sample size but there's no denying what's happening.

Yes Piolo was in Cleveland. How are you hyping Crennell and Weis when both have been unsuccesful without Brady/Belichick?

Yes Brady was very good his 1st season, he was named to the Pro Bowl, twice won player of the week awards, earned the Super Bowl MVP.

His 86.5 rating was 6th in the NFL, he was top 10 in completion percentage, touchdown percentage and led the NFL in game winning drives.

In that Super Bowl he was great when it counted.....with no timeouts and under 90 seconds left on the game, Brady led his team on drive to set up the game winning field goal.

Heck I'll back off elite for that season but realistically there was only 5-6 quarterbacks you could say were legit better than Brady after that season.

So yeah Brady made a HUGE difference for the Patriots.

I dont know what Troy Brown playing as a dime cornerback has to do with Belichick? Devin Hester played both ways, does that mean Lovie Smith some mastermind? Probably not. It probably means both Brown and Hester were great athletes.

Again before Tom Brady Bill Belichick, 42-58 head coach with one winning season with good quarterbacks such as Bledsoe, Testaverde and Kosar.

Bill Belichick record with Tom Brady as his starting quarterback....172-49 with 4 Super Bowl championships.

Yep Belichick just got better as a coach. :rolleyes

Llke exponentially better.

Last edited:

Agreed.

I also havent seen a post from a Seahawks fan that says otherwise either though.

Hell, none of us have even mentioned the word Elite during this run with Russ. 

Nobody is denying the team was led by the Defense..and the offense's core was led by Marshawn

Most of the argument was simply about categorizing Russ in the same breath of a Tarvaris Jackson..that's how alot of ppl viewed him the past few years. Which is completely false imo. Has Russ has bad/average games? yes...would you consider any of his past seasons in totality the resume of an average QB? That's where most of the debate has been about tbh 

All of this.

Said he was on that Big Ben/Early Thomas-steez over the last few years. Nothing wrong with that AT ALL -- wish more QBs could get that luxury instead of thrown on a **** team and setup for failure.

Wanted to see him take control more often and put the team on his back when things aren't going his way. He's doing just that. Shawn hurt, Rawls out, and he and Doug out there looking like Montana to Rice. It's a small sample size but there's no denying what's happening.

I can agree with this but would like to add that I don't think this is a coincidence this all happens as soon as Marshawn goes down, and I believe this happens is Marshawn were to go down last year as well

Sad to say but when Marshawn comes back I won't be surprised if we go back to the Bevell play calling we knew before hand

I'd hope that he's been paying attention to the last 4 weeks and doesn't **** up a good thing... but this is Bevell we're talking about.

Russell Wilsons critics don't even like it when you compare him to early Brady or Ben.

Their narrative is that 20 other quarterbacks could the same things Russell is doing with the Seahawks.

If Chester is going to give Russ shine then I don't emm wanna come in this thread anymore.

I don't care enough about Ryan Tannehill to read arguments about him.

Andrew Luck ain't gonna play again this year.

Matt Stafford is quietly having the 2nd season of his career with the worst o-line in football. I guess that's something.

I will say this about Russ. I've always been on the "he could carry a team with his arm" wagon because of that loss in the NFC divisional round to Atlanta.

Last edited:
Russell Wilsons critics don't even like it when you compare him to early Brady or Ben.

Their narrative is that 20 other quarterbacks could the same things Russell is doing with the Seahawks.

Who are 'they'? Those are pretty spot on comparison, especially Ben

So why do we hold Montana and Steve so high?

They had great defenses and great weapons

Well, I mean, aside from the fact that Steve Young won MVPs, Super Bowl MVPs, led the league in TD passes and completion percentage numerous times in his career, tossed 6 TDs in the Super Bowl, etc...

But he had great defenses, he wasn't slinging the ball crazy like Luck was. So according to yall hes just a game manager

He wasn't slinging the ball crazy like Luck? Did you not watch Steve during the mid 90s? :lol:

Dude went for 4k yards @ 70% completion, 35 TDs to 10 picks one year.

You also said this :nerd:
Russ dawg about to eclipse this

I can agree with this but would like to add that I don't think this is a coincidence this all happens as soon as Marshawn goes down, and I believe this happens is Marshawn were to go down last year as well

Sad to say but when Marshawn comes back I won't be surprised if we go back to the Bevell play calling we knew before hand

Totally smh. And even if he is rusty/not 100 I foresee a return to the old conservative crap. Let Russ throw the damn ball

So why do we hold Montana and Steve so high?

They had great defenses and great weapons

Well, I mean, aside from the fact that Steve Young won MVPs, Super Bowl MVPs, led the league in TD passes and completion percentage numerous times in his career, tossed 6 TDs in the Super Bowl, etc...

But he had great defenses, he wasn't slinging the ball crazy like Luck was. So according to yall hes just a game manager

He wasn't slinging the ball crazy like Luck? Did you not watch Steve during the mid 90s? :lol:

Dude went for 4k yards @ 70% completion, 35 TDs to 10 picks one year.

You also said this :nerd:
Russ dawg about to eclipse this

Thus, he's taken the next step like I said. :lol:

Prior to me saying that had Russ ever put up those numbers? His high was 26 TDs and around 3500 yards IIRC.

Ben is 20 yards per game higher than the second closest dude in terms of yards per game stat :lol:

Dude is firing the ball

Did not realize TB was 35/6 this year. Better than I thought. That efficiency :x

Who are 'they'? Those are pretty spot on comparison, especially Ben

I remember I posted an article that compared Russell to young Brady and the typical Russell Wilson haters were dismissive or laughed it off.

Back
Top Bottom