Quentin Tarantino Fans check in! Help with a debate

Quentin Tarantino shows up in Pulp Fiction. Is that a cameo or a role?

I argue that its a cameo. A cameo bc it's the director and he's featured in that one scene.
My gf argues that it's a role bc he has a name and he moves the story along. Its getting pretty heated. Help me out NT

Role*

And I'd say it's both. Cameos are sometimes non-speaking roles, or they can also be brief roles with speaking and acting. It's probably a role morein this instance since he's there for an entire scene and plays a fairly pivotal part of that story.

A better example of a cameo in Pulp Fiction is Steve Buscemi played the Buddy Holly impersonator/waiter at Jack Rabbit Slims.

i say role, just like kevin smith in all his movies

ben affleck in clerks 2 -> cameo

I think cameos as more of a wink-nudge kind of thing. Like "hey it's that guy that I kinda expected anyway"
they really don't add anything to the story

I agree with what your girl says about a role having some sort of point to the story

^that's a big clue right there

I'll also say role b/c a cameo to me is a brief appearance rather than a named character that's important to the plot.
I also think Tarantino's over-acting is hilarious and entertaining. "Don't Jimmy me, Juuuules"

btw Quick top 3:
1) Reservoir Dogs
2) True Romance (I count it)
3) Pulp Fiction

Originally Posted by Big J 33

A better example of a cameo in Pulp Fiction is Steve Buscemi played the Buddy Holly impersonator/waiter at Jack Rabbit Slims.

eek.gif
never knew that.

i say role..

directors can have roles too, just like clint eastwood in grand torino..

cameo, is more of like, adam sandler in a rob shnieder film..

Back
Top Bottom