Quentin Tarantinos Movie Thread - “THE MOVIE CRITIC” no longer his final film

I have no idea what the movie is going to be about, but I'll be at the theater opening day

i aint falling for the okie doke
plenty of trash movies have gotten standing ovations
not that i doubt it isnt good

D7JzZ90UcAAweUU.jpg:large

61209239_2132189883741104_5690740549468815360_o.jpg

61192960_2132187873741305_5637742628721131520_o.jpg

61022919_2132187407074685_71029262903148544_o.jpg

Inglourious Basterds was one of those films I didn't appreciate when it dropped.

I was a big fan of Tarantino at the time, just something about it didn't really click with me.

Then I watched it again about a year or two ago and wow...became one of my favorite Tarantino films.

****ing master class in everything.

Inglourious Basterds was one of those films I didn't appreciate when it dropped.

I was a big fan of Tarantino at the time, just something about it didn't really click with me.

Then I watched it again about a year or two ago and wow...became one of my favorite Tarantino films.

****ing master class in everything.

Christoph Waltz crushed this entire movie, one of the best performances ever.

Inglorious was great, especially because of Waltz. That's the film that put Waltz on the worldwide map, not Django. I much preferred his portrayal of Landa than Schultz. Schultz felt very similar to Landa but Landa had more depth and nuance (even so, I dug that QT utilized Waltz like his own personal Lee Van Cleef for these movies). His take on a Sherlock Holmes esque, philosophical, polyglot SS officer was incredible. Brad Pitt was hilarious, Diane Kruger was beautiful. The bar scene is one of my favorite QT scenes of all time. The strudel scene is another one. QT knows how to set up tension. That film uses language in a way that you rarely see in cinema.

tarantinos writing is just spectacular, probably one of the filmmakers where i look forward to the simple conversations and dialogue between characters, always feels like there are no wasted words and it keeps you engaged throughout

tarantino has also stated that if his next film is star trek then that would be his last film and while that sounds amazing... i am not sure that's the type of film i want to see him direct last

OUaTiH currently at 92% on RT

Back
Top Bottom