Question for "OG" MJ Consumers. Yes an Addendum due to Responses I've Read

LOVE the idea Rock. HOWEVER, may i suggest going a step further? You must have been at LEAST 5 years old during the YEAR in which the retro was originallydropped (or at least was considered new since i think there were a couple years between the 1 and the 3 not just one. So you must have been 5 when shoe was newin order to cop (Just to note 2+3=5.......DOOOOOPE lol) Also, at 5 one is still conscious and thus able to get lost in the myth of a legend playing beforetheir eyes and they at least weren't wearing infant sizes. Also at 5 you may not have been wearing adult sizes but come on! were talkin about SHOES...inthis game we're all big kids really.

So, for example, im 25 now (its just crazy to write that......lol......just crazy) and so in 87 i was 5, that was the year of the 2. So if i showed up to therelease of some OG green metallic i's (((((((((((GO CELTIX!!!! matta fact!

GO SOX!!

GO PATS!!!!!!! #1 F those cornball Mannings ahhhhaaa! bunch of cheerleaders! No Spygate! how do you get rid of all tapes and not able to tape and then goundefeated save for ONE GAME?!?! we da nicest EVER stop hatin! Also.....clemens you let down! A-Fraud too! AKA Slappy! ahhaaaaaa!)))))))))))

...i would be ***.ED out. no metallic i's for me
frown.gif
:mad tears: (at least i could see ray ray in sum metallix hopin he's still winnin chips withthe Bean)

i would skip the 2's since they garbage but i could get OG thin cement print iii's?!? in ADULT size 7?!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!????
i would cop only 3-7's after that JORDANS ARE WHACK (except 4 23's)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xi's are CORNBALL!!!! XIV's CORNBALL......XIII'sCORNBALL!! VIII's HYPER CORNBALL!!!!!

With this system though, every1 gets a chance to re-live what jordans were doing at the time when what your parents and your heart told you was all thatmattered (unless of course you're 4 in 2008 and then you get no OG's at all....EVER......rough....but still thats life.....things come and things go,next one is the next one PEACE.

black 5's my 1st jays back in 1st grade/ cant nobody tell me nothin/ dopest shoe ever introduced, bout 2 get in2 sumthin/ 70's og and oh-five greensuede 'didas bean halfshells/ GOAT nike, tie; lions Franchise and forces but mids must die/ and the top jay? be black wrapped w/ cement stripes.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Not age Limit..

Age Minimum.

i was born in 1983....and my favorite jordans are V-VI.....hell i was in kindergarden and i vaguely remember em on people's feet..but lookin at old TVshows like in living color strikes cords wit me and seeing all da old ads to it too.

Originally Posted by metalmaned

Originally Posted by nbloomaz

However, I have been into jordans and nikes since I was 6, and now I'm 22,
No offence to you but how can you HONESTLY say you were into Nikes and Jordans at age 6 and expect us to take you seriously? I mean maybe your parents bought you a pair of Nikes or Jordans at age 6 but don't try to claim that you have been "into" them since then because that is a stretch!!!

No offense taken, but why not? I was into basketball at 6 and was watching MJ win his first title back in '91..my uncles got me into it. Sure I didntcollect them, but I was into them when i got my sneakers at that age..I loved shoes since I was young. At 6 i was able to comprehend the idea of nicesneakers..im sure there are others too...

All I'm saying is the 25 years cut off age wouldn't be fair to those around my age that liked jordans for a long time as well. But I am for the idea ofmore GRs of OG jordans and nikes. Nike has been good lately with OG retros like the orlando pennies and the zoom flight 95s, but JB has been making less OGs asGRs, like the grape Vs. However, like the aqua and playoff 8s GRs, they were easy to get and many people were happy to be able to get a nice shoe without thehassle and fear of not getting one in their size.

An OG program sounds great. 90% of the shoes i buy are true retros or new sigs. All i have ever wanted was for JB to not keep trying to change and to realizethat all many of us want is for things to be like they were in the 90s. No gimmicks, no limiting, no creation of hype. I don't even need retro+ unless theywant to stick to the normal colors that made them famous.

As far as a minimum age i wouldn't mind, but id be old enough. I dont think it would be fair to eliminate someone merely based on their age. There are someof the younger guys who feel just as we do. Don't let the thinking of the majority of thier generation screw them over.

its da ninja so rock hear me out ya dig?

[color= rgb(102, 51, 204)]1. How DOES Brand Jordan KEEP you as a Consumer?

STOP MAKING CORNY team jordans, slapping me with STRAIGHT UP UGLY JB clothes...(what ever happenedto that sexi nike air jordan apparel ya used to make in da 90's) i want MORE OG COLORS, BETTER-SUPERIOR LEATHER..AND NIKE AIR ON AIR JORDANS 1-6
retro plus colors are fine IF DONE TASTEFULLY...but i stop buyin + colors years ago..strictly OG colors.

[/color]
[color= rgb(102, 51, 204)]2. Would you participate in such a Program where you weren't competing against other kids of theYounger Generation for the Shoes YOU Covet so much?

[color= rgb(102, 255, 0)]HELL YEAH I WOULD! no more fighting wit 13 year olds about sneakers they were stillswimin around they papa's sack when they first dropped.[/color]

[/color]
3. If this type of release proved that the OG Consumer just can't be sustained because of PoorSales, would you still complain that Jordan doesn't look to Market to you anymore?

not at all, but i betcha my entire 200 plus collection of nikes/air jordans that aslong as OG colors/box/materials/craftmanship is used they'ed ALLLLLLL sell out.

[color= rgb(102, 51, 204)]Of course those who are below 25 would complain about leaving them out, but this is to Address ALLmy Generation and ask what would it take to keep your loyalty? ALL answers of course are welcome, as this should really cause some serious banter.

they wouldn't complain..they'ed ask a older person to buy it for emlike beer and cigarrettes..lol

[/color]
[color= rgb(102, 51, 204)]As a shoe wearer, lover and enthusiast, I am obviously a business guy too, who realizes its abusiness, but for me its interesting to see both sides of the table, and then figure out can everyone actually be happy or do you really just move on from theOG Wearers (Not even Collectors) but folks who came up with Jordan.[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 51, 204)]Let me hear you....

[color= rgb(102, 255, 0)]ROCK DEEP, as a business man, it doesn't take a ROCKET SCIENTIST to know OG colors ALWAYS sellbetter then da retro + if both were released on a equal base...( GR VS GR, LIMITED VS LIMITED, ETC) so my question is why doesn't nike GIVE US WHAT WEWANT!!!

and da cries for NIKE AIR haven't gotten lower...they GROW everytime jordans 1-6 retro and are changed.
[/color]

[/color]

1. How DOES Brand Jordan KEEP you as a Consumer?
It doesnt.. JB has fallen off as the era for the true GOAT has ended and should be enshrined as a classic not revitalized as a new package for a player whodoesnt play anymore. I am not saying he is no impact to kids still these days, but the legacy of MJ is all but withering away.. kids are only reminded throughwatching vhs tapes of him playing but no REAL encounter to witness it first hand.. I for one caught on to the game of basketball at a young age and glad i wasable to see him play in the finals with our sonics (RIP).

2. Would you participate in such a Program where you weren't competing against other kids of the Younger Generation for the Shoes YOU Covet so much?
This is something actually i would support even though i am not of the age minimum but i still realize that living through his legacy and being able to keep apiece for yourself is actually pretty special. I APPROVE OF THIS!

3. If this type of release proved that the OG Consumer just can't be sustained because of Poor Sales, would you still complain that Jordan doesn't lookto Market to you anymore?
JB has given this "younger" generation these countdown packs.. Even if they're not willing to pay for it, they are still selling. Means themarketing still gets them to buy the shoes. I really cant complain about anything JB has done recently on a sales standpoint.. If the shoes are selling,something is in fact going right for JB. Isnt it that NT itself has a few that work within NIKE who were recruited straight from here? JB has done great thingson both ends of keeping sales high and keeping consumers wanted more, so i see only people who buy only shoes with the money they get from the paycheckcomplaining. Once upon a time, you used to be blessed and thankful to have 1 pair of jordans to showoff to your buddies.. days like those are reminiscent butalso only a memory =P

I don't agree with the age minimum.
If JB did that, it would turn the entire 20 and under crowd off of Jordans IMO.
I don't get why they don't just release a shoe on FlightClub or something, let people oreder their sizes, then close it after 48 hours or something.

I seriously don't understand what's this all about.
But if you're trying to ask an opinion for OG release limited to 25 all these, I've no objection.
If the minimum age is 25, then I can't participate as I'm only 22. My first OG Jordan was XIs, perhaps I can't do anything about it.

Just an opinion, if the minimum age is 25, you don't think kids can't ask their parents or older people to buy for them?
It's just encouraging resellers to buy more and to earn more.
If you've read my response in your previous thread, you know that I'm pissed off by the resellers.

In other point of view, I can't be unhappy if the minimum age is set as 25 because XIs was my first OG Jordan, not Is to Vs or VIs.
However, I believe that this kind of program will only make more people unhappy, especially the real 25 years old or older who want the shoes (who wore theshoes way earlier than current 13 years old) but can't get them.

My advise is.... Just let the Jordan board do what they want to do.
Release Retro or not, retro+ or not, they'll still make money and people will still get Jordan shoes even if they're unhappy.
People complain all the time, you can't satisfy every single complain.

I can remember getting the Fire red iv's in 1989 and just being in awe at the total package. I was lucky enough to be able to get to wear multiple coloursof quite a few OG J's. I

guess living in Australia worked to my benefit. As an old school guy I get so frustrated now at the sheer lack of common sense displayed by JB in their releaseschedules and

numbers. The funny/sad thing is I manage one of the biggest Foot Lockers in Australia and still cannot get every release that I want to. (FL in Aus is a bitdifferent to the US, we get

LS releases as well here. ) Personally I think if JB is to placate all sides there is one seemingly simple thing to do, increase the supply of OG colours tomeet demand. I aman OG

consumer and I am fine with everyone having exact versions of the shoes I used to wear when a bit younger. I encourage it, then I can wear them again and, insome small way,

re-live some of my youth.

I understand that you can't just pump out thousands and thousands of a shoe....hang on, why can't you? I'm sure retailers will be quite fine withgetting enough stock of an OG

Jordan so that it will be on their shelves for 2 or 3 weeks. For us, thats 3 weeks of good sales rather than 1 day.

I also believe that the distribution of these and any Jordans needs to be a lot fairer for all countries in the world. Australia had less than 100 units of thefirst Countdown Pack.

Imagine less than 100 units for New York, how would that fly? Well my entire country had that. The state I live in had 9. Can't say Demand was met bySupply there.

To sum up, if you bring out OG's again, I don't care about age ranges or stuff like that, just allow every single consumer a fair and reasonableopportunity to get the shoes they

want to buy and wear. Do that and all should work out OK.

I shall be seeing Gentry in a week or two, perhaps I shall ask him about this stuff.

laugh.gif
this is America. What kind of fascist release is 25 and up. Chill outthey are just shoes.

Rock, I see what you are saying about the pre-order being a huge risk. I think there is a way to make it work though. I know it is apples - oranges, butthe auto industry does it with limited cars. But then again, when the consumer is buying sight unseen they know they will not be disappointed with thequality/workmanship. JB has a slight advantage in that the consumer already knows what the product looks like.

One thing that I noticed this weekend was that the Js you see on the court are not ones you can go out and easily purchase. That was a big part of thesignature shoe line back in the 90s. With the exception of a few colorways, you would see MJ, Penny or Barkley wearing the shoes they advertised. Yeah, wesaw a few pair of 23s but it looked like most were PEs or the Titaniums. This is not so much for the OG line, but if you want me to continue to buy the newmodels, I have enough White/Red/Black shoes. I will take the Josh Howard Vs he wore last year over most of the OG V releases.

I live in Dallas and we don't have a Niketown, nor does Houston. Two of the biggest cities in the country and nothing in the whole state. So for all whosay limit to Niketown. I don't remember skipping school on Thursdays to drive to Atlanta to pick up a pair of shoes. Release them where EVERYONE can getthem. Thats OG.

Of course the people over 25 would want this because it doesn't affect you. I understand your whole dilema about how jordans aren't what they used tobe but we hear u complaining everyday on here but as u see, nothing is happening. Maybe if u went to the actual source which is JB and not here, maybe yourcomplaints can be resolved.

First of all, I was born in 1986 and I am currently 21, but I will be 22 in June. This might immediately make me ineligible of having a "valid"opinion on this matter, but before you count me out, let me first attempt to prove my worth. I'm not going to sit here and say that I have or have had allof the OG releases because I haven't, but if what's most important is the memory and the feeling, I can promise you I took part in that. Both of myparents, as well as most of my family, are from Chicago. Although I have never lived there, I have visited often. Due to my dad's heavy influence, I havebeen a Bulls fan my entire life (as well as Bears and Cubs) and that is what ultimately led to my obsession with Michael Jordan.

I do not really remember the first two championships. My dad reminds me that I was there watching, but I cannot say I truly remember them. The third one, onthe other hand, I remember. I remember where I was (at my grandma's) and I remember John Paxson hitting that famous three. Unfortunately, I cannot rememberactually seeing any of the Jordan's released up until this point (I-VIII) in person.

The first Jordan's I can knowingly say I remember seeing were the IX's. A friend of mine in my second grade class had them. I remember pestering him,asking him all sorts of questions about them. I guess I was a shoehead in the making. The first pair of Jordan's I remember holding in a store were theX's. I held them in an Athlete's Foot at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego. I also remember a ton of kids wearing them at the various summer camps thatI attended. Now remember, I still had yet to own a pair of Jordan's as my interest was still developing and I guess nothing had caught my attention in theright way. This was about to change.

I was at Niketown Chicago and they had a pair of Air Jordan I's in a case. I asked the worker if they had them in my size, but he told me they were soldout. I didn't realize they were remakes. I just knew they were the original Air Jordan's and thought that if they had them in the case, then they musthave them in stock. Later on that year, I went to SportsMart and to my surprise they had them marked down to $50. My mom allowed me to get them because I hadjust returned something else. When I got home, I put them on with my Jordan jersey and Bulls shorts and my mom took pictures of me dunking on my Koosh hoop inmy room, which we later had cropped to give to my dad for some occasion. This was the very beginning of a costly obsession.

The first pair of current Jordan's that I really fell in love with was the XI's. I first saw the Concord's while at SportsMart. I guess that was apopular store for me to frequent back in those days. I asked my mom for them, but she said that I didn't need them as I'm sure a lot of mom's telltheir children when dealing with something that costs more than $100. I don't remember the Carolina's, but I remember seeing the Black/Red's atsome random store on a drive back from Arizona. Again, I was not allowed to get them, unfortunately. I think this was what ultimately fueled my passion to owna pair of the current Air Jordan's.

The following year I was all about it. The commercials, seeing them in magazines on the man's feet, on TV, wherever. Come Christmas time, I saw the TaxiXII's at Foot Locker UTC and my parents let me get them. I was elated! Looking back, the XII's were quite a disappointment when compared to theXI's. Oh well. Anyway, this is what I consider to be my official introduction to the Air Jordan, and as you can imagine, I still knew very little and wasunaware of the release patterns and such.

At that time, I actually thought that the White/Red XII's were something only Jordan himself could wear. In January, I found out otherwise. I randomlycalled the same Foot Locker where I had purchased the Taxi's and they said that they had them in my size, so my mom took me to get them. This time I had toget them with my own money. I was pretty good at saving money, even as a young kid, so luckily I had enough. I wasn't really a huge fan of theBlack/Red's, but I ended up getting them a little after the release to continue my mini collection.

The Playoff XII's came out around my birthday. By this time, I had randomly started receiving Eastbay catalog and I ordered them on the release date. As Iremember, these were supposedly selling out of Foot Locker's in my area on the release date. In the fall, I saw the Obsidian's in Eastbay and I believethey were marked down. I had never noticed them before, but nonetheless, I was able to purchase them as well.

By the time the XIII's released, I was much more knowledgeable and began to understand the release patterns. I went on to get all of the colors, and Iguess to wrap this story up, the rest is history. It just continued on from there. I was around for everything that came after this. The start of Brand Jordan,which meant releasing Jumpman's and Team Jordan's, the first shoes that actually contained the word "Retro" (IV's in '99),back-ordering Jordan's almost a year in advance from Eastbay (until they blocked it), showing up at my local Champs early in the morning (not lining up) toget the Last Shot XIV's, finding out about NikePark from an employee at NTSF, my dad getting me the White/Navy XVI's to cheer me up after being reallyupset that Illinois lost to Arizona in the tourney, going to the Jordan camp in Santa Barbara, lining up to get the XVII's and XVIII's from NTSF,having Gentry show me the XIX's in July in his office when they didn't release until February, and so on. There is so much more that can be said. Icould literally go on forever. It was, and still is, an obsession. It has absolutely consumed me for years and has drastically influenced the person that I amtoday.

I think being an "OG" means that you were around before all the hype that surrounds the culture today. I know I am not 25 and I have not been aroundsince the very beginning, but I have been around long enough. My original goal in writing all of this was to prove my worthiness of being considered an OG tomy audience, but I ultimately ended up proving it to myself. But without any further ado, I will finally answer the questions...

They keep me as a consumer by releasing stuff that appeals to me. I'll admit, from my 20th birthday until the XX3 leaked, I was kind of absent from buyingJordan's, but somehow these brought back the magic for me. I feel like a lot of these bogus colorways and styles look awful and bear no significance and Isimply will not support them. It seems like this "bogus stuff" sums up a majority of their releases as of late, but luckily the XX3's were doneright.

To be honest, I'm ready for the retro craze to end. I'm over it. I'd much rather them focus on releasing a highly superior "game shoe."Restore the Air Jordan (or its equivalent) to greatness! In my opinion, the XX3 screams quality and performance. This is something that has been absent fromthe other recent Air Jordan's and most of their other shoes as well. To keep me, cut back on the junk and focus all energy into the "game shoe."

2. Would you participate in such a Program where you weren't competing against other kids of the Younger Generation forthe Shoes YOU Covet so much?
First of all, due to my age, I guess I wouldn't be allowed to take part in this. Nonetheless, I still considered the idea. I don't mean tosquash the idea, but the first thing that came to mind were the legal ramifications. Could Nike (Jordan) actually prevent certain people from buying theirproducts? I know you don't want people to tell you that your idea is flawed, but I felt this was definitely something worth mentioning.

Assuming it could be allowed and I was 25, something like this would not be necessary to keep me as a consumer. Although there are certain models that woulddefinitely get my attention if released identically to their original counterparts, I would not require it of them to keep me as a fan. Like I said above, justfocus on the current "game shoe" and make it absolutely the best it can be each and every year. After all, it was the new "game shoe"releasing every year that brought all of us OG's in, so shouldn't it be what keeps our attention? They shouldn't have to keep reverting back andrelying on the nostalgia of the consumer. Early on, there was nothing to retro and yet we all remained as faithful as ever!

3. If this type of release proved that the OG Consumer just can't be sustained because of Poor Sales, would you still complain that Jordan doesn't lookto Market to you anymore?
Right now, I feel as though Brand Jordan is marketing to me, but I don't think they are doing it well. They will continue to try to market to me and othersthat are similar to me, but only time will tell if it is effective.

In my opinion, in order to market to the true enthusiast most effectively, they simply have to go back to basics. Make what was great, great again. The AirJordan has lost some of its mystique for some reason. I don't know if they've been running out of new ideas or what, but they did something right withthe XX3's and it has to continue. Creating the Brand meant that they could no longer put the same amount of effort into the Air Jordan as they used to. Ifthey have to get rid of all the junk to ensure a quality Air Jordan, then I advise that they do so. Unfortunately, there's money to be made in that junkand they won't abandon it until the well runs dry. I just hope that the coming "game shoes" can continue the trend that the XX3 has started, eventhough they won't be the almighty number 23.

Well Rock, I hope you enjoy my reply. Hopefully I thought hard enough for you. I want to thank you for making this post. I really enjoyed responding! If youhave any questions for me, don't hesitate to ask!

Originally Posted by DIGITALJORDAN

Going to JC Penny to cop J's

Having to wait all year for that new commercial before seeing a glimpse of the next Jordan.

Being able to watch MJ do things never before seen and then putting on the same pair (no pe's the same pair) and trying to do the same moves on the nerf hoop.

Trying to make your parnets think that $100 for a pair of shoes is not that crazy.

Being the only kid in school with the new J's on. Now i'm like the only person in the mall under thirty without some sort of J's on.

Man, I agree 100% with these memories... It really does bring it back. But lol, I have to say, that was half the battle. I can distinctly remember myparents trying to sabotage me from getting a few pairs back in the day. Will Smith said it best, "Parents just don't understand".

just release original colorways, original quality and general release. no sense in limited release. trust me, it will sell. no doubt. there are lots of peoplefrom that generation that will buy them. and the fact that they are easily available will help a whole lot.

the reason JB have lost some of its consumers (me included) is the quality of the shoes, the amount of weak/wack colorways and all this limited release crapthat they are pulling.

FYI - back in the day, there were no such thing as an online release only or limited release or quickstrike or urban acct release...if you want to go back tooriginal, release it like the original. IMO.

EEnteg[emoji]174[/emoji]a

Digital Jordan - respect, good response.

Made me remember going to the mall with my mom and brother and remember seeing the Olympic collection at JC Penny. Or how my brother got his first pair (andonly) of J's from Sportmart (Cardinal VIIs) and my DAD STILL FREAKED when my mom told him how much she spent.

I feel with a certain age group, most of us, are pure collects. And by pure I mean in it strictly for ourself and to share our hobby with those we care about.My GF understands it, my parents understand it, my friends sort of see it. I honestly look fwd to busting out the Baby OG Aquas I have (thanks IthruIX) andletting my son or daughter feel the hobby (or whats left of it) out for themselves. I hope we can share the bond and I can share with them what it was like tosee the GOAT and how the shoes were just as important as the game.

I'm not saying you have to be a certain age to share those sentiments, but it makes sense those of us born around a same year would. When he was in hisprime and those dunks in the game were just ridiculous, how many of us would try and emulate the same thing on our drive-way? How many of us would honestlyBELIEVE that the shoes made us jump higher?

When you grow up, you want to relive some of those moments. Unfortunately, fewer of those moments are given back to us with the bastardization of retros andthis hobby. I'd love to be a loyal consumer, but I have the right to exercise caution with my wallet when I feel being taken advantage of. I WANT to spendmy money on my hobby, but many of the releases make it impossible or just flat out don't deserve my money. I can't change the world, nor can I alonechange the business model of Brand Jordan, however I can take pride in knowing I'm not settling just for the sake of having something. I'd rather havenothing than an inferior product.

Originally Posted by DIGITALJORDAN

What you younger guys do not understand is it's not about the shoes. It was the feeling we had for the shoes back then.

Someone born after 1988 cannot understand this piece.. Watching DVD's of Jordan highlights or seeing pics of weathered OG's here does not cut it......

And there it is. It's not a I'm better cuz i'm older it's just that things have changed.

Going to JC Penny to cop J's

Having to wait all year for that new commercial before seeing a glimpse of the next Jordan.

Being able to watch MJ do things never before seen and then putting on the same pair (no pe's the same pair) and trying to do the same moves on the nerf hoop.

Trying to make your parnets think that $100 for a pair of shoes is not that crazy.

Being the only kid in school with the new J's on. Now i'm like the only person in the mall under thirty without some sort of J's on.

Exactly. You can add to that list:
Crying when he retired.
Actually buying Wheaties with his picture on them because he was your role model.
Collecting his cards, buying posters, going to the mall once a week to see if the price had dropped yet...

Just like you said, it's the feeling that isn't understood. Young heads want it to be about the heat or having "grails" or "exclusives*&t". It wasn't about that from 85-96 or so.

1. Jordan Brand keeps me a consumer by bringing out shoes that I either had and loved, or missed out on in the first place. However, lately I have beenunimpressed with the lack of quality and poor retro looks of the new kicks.

2. I would participate in such a program, whether I am competing against the younger guys or not. I think such a program would certainly interest me,especially if they brought the OG look, quality, and colors back. Quality is very key in this instance, as I feel us "older" people are more mindfulof this and just to bring back the quality of Jordans period, especially the retros.

3. If this type of release didn't do well, and I have a hard time believing why it wouldn't, I would still complain because we are the generation whichtruly brought J's to where they are now. Even though I fully understand the business aspect of the Jordan Brand, a program like this would certainly notharm their business model or profits enough for them to "pull the plug." On top of this, wouldn't such a program be a genius idea in terms ofMarketing, I mean, you simply couldn't buy this publicity (look at the titanium XX3's).

Good questions Rock.

Brand Jordan keeps me as a customer because regardless of the feelings of others there are still products that I like.

2. Would you participate in such a Program where you weren't competing against other kids of the Younger Generation for the Shoes YOU Covet so much?

Yes I would definitely participate. If I can pay in advance for those releases then I would. I'm 31 so I know I'd qualify for the age minimum and alsoI enjoyed watching Jordan play in the shoes that we all grew to love. However, I do know that the shoes won't be exactly as they were made some years agobut close enough is all I need. However, if they produce a shoe that originally had N/A on the back of it then I think this certain retro should be the same.

Honestly I don't complain that Brand Jordan doesn't market to me. I mean think about it yall...some of those retro + colorways were beautiful. The CGIVs are some of my favorite Jays and those weren't a colorway that Jordan played in.

Would YOU PARTICIPATE ....If Brand Jordan Jordan Brand, JB or whatever you call em, down the road were to start an OG Release Program where there was a LIMITEDRELEASE... IN STORE for Those 25 and Up...maybe twice a year which Retroed a Shoe THE EXACT way it was the way it Originally Released?

Yes, I would. But the shoes would have to be a very high quality shoe but I'm not sure about limited because I don't want to nor have the time to campout anymore.

Would this appease to those who think the Brand has driven away from them?
Would YOU BUY EACH RELEASE?

I don't think that it would appease people who have been driven away from the Brand. I would buy each release but I think that most people in thedemographics that you are talking about have other pressing concerns that comes with that age.

Instead of an Online Release which would cost more to have Warehouse folks working to send out releases to EACH Consumer... take it back to YOUR Youth whereYOU took a trip to the Store and ONLY Fought with Folks of YOUR AGE to get a Release?

I think that time is harder to come by to do that.

Reason I ask this is because, we ALL think Jordan has gone another Direction as far as who it Markets itself to..Our New Generation of Jordan Fad folks who wetalk among each day right on NT...

But if you had to SHOW ID that proved you were a certain age in order to purchase an OG Release would you participate?

I would try to participate.

See what we ALL must realize is, alot of us who WERE buying Jordans as 16 and up Year Olds are 30 somethings that don't wear Jordans AS much anymore...thus we are not the Consumer BASE anymore. Some of us have Kids....some of us are Dead, because we were Dope Dealers who led the Charge of being the onlyone's who could afford Jordans. Some of us are in Jail because of the previous sentence.

However, our Loyalty is STILL there, so we still have a Connection which brings us forward to purchasing Jordans for our Kids if possible. So my question tothose of us who grew up with the GOAT...

For the most part, I like what Jordan Brand releases. I know that some people complain about their shoes but I find that the shoes are very versatile, usable,and asethetically pleasing. I like that their team shoes are pretty well-built.

I don't think this is such a big deal competing with kids who are younger. If it's a fad to them, that's cool because it was a fad to us. Wedidn't design the shoes nor did we make them. Of course it is different now but I think it is how life works (i.e. retro-looking Mustangs).

I think that Jordan Brand overall should provide higher quality builds with the retro line because it is paying homage to the past. I understand that thebottom line is important but I think that people should get a better feel for what past generations had so they can demand the same level of excellence fortheir own generation.

I believe that when you cheapen the treasures and principles that have gotten you to the top for the dollar, you start weakening the foundation of yourbusiness. For example, all these younger collectors love the Air Jordan I retroes and think that the OGs were like the ones they own. The OG Air Jordan Is (andthe Dunks) are nothing like their retro counterparts. They were a well-built pair of kicks for their time and probably the best in 1985, comparable to the feelof the Air Force Is in terms of quality. In the retros, you can feel rocks on the ground as you walk and that's just cheap.

I know that this does no good because Jordan Brand/Nike (as well as everyone else) is based on the market and maintaining profits so I have come to accept it.If I want an OG, I'll have to shell out the cash.

Jordan Brand keeps me as a consumer by making better quality retro's. I'm also getting tired of JB changing some ofthe aspects of the retro's. Yes, I understand that they want to "protect the OG Collector", but I am an OG consumer and I was not fortunateenough to buy all of the older Jordan's when I was younger. Give the consumer what they want and add the Nike Air on some of the retro's(Especially theIII - VI). I don't think JB will lose their fanbase by doing this. I have been pleased with the recent Signature Jordan's from the past 2-3 years. I dothink that the over-saturation of the packs is a turn-off to many consumers and I am pretty sure most of the shoes included in the packs would sell outregardless of them being sold individually.

I would love to participate in a program if it came to fruition. I know the younger generation loves Jordan's just as muchas the next person, but most of the older generation do not have the time to wait out front of a store or camp for a release.

If this proposed idea fails then I wouldn't complain but I would like to see Jordan Brand try something different and"look out" for some of the older generation.

I don't think the younger generation should be restricted because of their age, but I wish some of these kids would learn something about Jordan or watchsome video's/highlights. I appreciate the one's that were not old enough to see him play, but at least know something about the man.

good afternoon, rock. i'll try not to write a novel here. yes i would participate. absolutely. i think your idea would appease the "been there sincethe beginning" OG-lovers. let me answer your q's....

1. brand jordan keeps me as a customer twofold:

- one, to keep a love of jordan product i have had going since the age of 14 to today
- two, its give me an opportunity to get retros of shoes i never had and the opportunity to get ones with a new twist (new colorways, retro + colorways,limited releases, what have you).

2. yes, but i don't think "kids" are the real issue. i embrace that today's youth follows jordan with more fervor than some of theleague's current stars (kobe/bron). for me, its resellers who make things difficult for many. i do understand that its just economics (simplesupply/demand), so i personally have no disrespect for resellers....I just know "collecting" creates a deeper hole in your pocket.

3. i am a little confused by this question. but my understanding is....."OG" heads made brand jordan what it is today. "OG" heads buyingMJ's shoes for ridiculous prices (at the time) and in plentiful amounts back in the day fueled brand jordan to become its own division of nike. i guessnike/jb doesn't "owe" us anything, but i do think your idea would be a nice pat on the back.

for me, here is my issue -- what is the real issue here? if quality is the issue, i don't know why it needs to be addressed via a special age-minimumrelease. they should have been making the retros "close" to originals to begin with. initially, i didn't like the age minimum. i like the kidsseeing the originals in person instead of yellowed, crumbled OGs in a glass case. they should have an opportunity to have them. but rock, i do see where youare going with that idea.

i consider myself an OG. i am 30, grew up in the chicago area. for those who grew up here, you grew up to the majority of air jordan release sold out on launchday. what i find funny is, if you were an "OG" jordan & bulls fan, you only cared about what graced MJ's feet. shoes like the bordeauxs, nobulls fan from chicago cared about them -- they collected dust or went on clearance at your local footlocker. back then, give me a white/blk, white/red,blk/white, blk/red colorway -- that was all that counted....

on a side not -- i am not one of the "nike air" proponents. i actually understood gentry's statement of "respecting the collectors". idon't mind seeing a jumpman on products instead of the nike air. i guess since i have nearly every OG i could ever want, i don't mind seeing a jumpmanthere instead. especially since i get retros to wear and beat up anyways.

rock, i think your release is aiming at re-creating an original release....and i simply don't think that is possible. i think a retro close to an originalwould have already been done. based on what i hear about molds destroyed, colors that cannot be recreated, or materials that cannot be found (even though istill think JB cuts corners, ahem, mars 4 retro), i think they would have done it already by now.

things evolve and i welcome that. mj doesn't play anymore and now we have a brand created from his legacy. i for sure would welcome this program with openarms if created.

When thinking of an age minimum, over 30 makes more sense. Being born in 1974 put me at 10 when MJ entered the league. A 25 year old person now was like 2 or 3years old when MJ was drafted. Hardly old enough to have a connection with anything other than a tippie cup and pacifiers.

^^ Hey I was just tryin to set a Bar... me being my age..... I remember Dr. J playin... so I KNOW the youngins...have no clue to THAT Legacy...

I was around for SHOWTIME when I became a Lakers fan as a Child... It was Wilkes, Coop, Worthy later and Magic who started it all for me... Jordan came with aVengeance later....in 85' I was 13... so I had a GOOD amount of connection to the man...

After all it was the Jordan II who threw me into love with the shoes...

ok..
im 17 years old,,and my first pair of j`s were the O.G. powder blue x`s,,i stacked up on a couple og`s,,but i really remember copping the indigo and last shotXIV`s,,shouldnt I be included in the bunch seeing that i was alive to actually know feel and remember the O.G`s?? o no,,wat was i thinking,,im 17 going on18,,im not 25,,so the whole age thing,,is actually a pretty dumb idea,,now,,if you were able to present an og shoe to buy a limited release like that,,wellthat sounds some what better,,but then people would get pissed if they know for a fact they had an og before ,,just not with them at the time because of howlong its been,,therfore they couldnt copp the limited release,,fact of the matter is,,this whole idea is gonna get flamed on no matter how many times youchange it,,we`re not in the `80s we`re not in the `90s,,we`re in 2008,,in the new millenium,,we changed it from looking good,,to looking fresh,,and i reallylike wat mannchyld said:

"Shoes like the Aqua VIII, Metallic V, and the Fire Red III were marketed towards OG heads. Shoes colors like Anthracite, Pea Pod, Cool Grey, & GreenBean is JB's way of marketing the new generation."

yea we love the o.g. colorways,,its like a ticket back in time,,but we also love the newer "unreasonable colorways" because they`re FRESH

O.G. colorways - o.g colectors & new gen. purchases

new colorways - new gen. purchases

now tell me this,,
wat happens another 23 years from now wen ur OG`s have calapsed and the nike air bubble in the heel part of the mid-sole is gonna bust if u take a step,,or wathappens when the paint cracks drasticly after 1 wear??then wat,,are you gonna stop buying j`s,,cause wen that time rules aroung your og`s are gonna be as oldas dirt,,and its gonna be impossible to wear the,,without getting destroyed that is

Back
Top Bottom