Question for People That Have Been in a Relationship for More than a Year

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

Its tough these days bro. I guess they just want to be treated like queens and respected. But it also depends how you treat you girl? I meen, I've been with my girl for over 6 years and we are practically married but we always find away to annoy to each other and at the end we both are happy.... its just kind of tough with girls these days.... Sometimes I just ask myself "Why?".... Maybe they just want to have a single life? But its hard to leave that one special in your heart.

Yea i feel you, I do my best to treat my girl like the princess she is but sometimes no matter what you do an argument just can't be avoided. Yea I askmyself why a couple times too and in the end it all makes sense.

I think the biggest reason why me and my girls arguments go a little overboard sometimes is cuz we're both a little stubborn and don't back downeasily. We always gotta be right. Recently though I've been trying to train myself to just say yes, you're right and end the argument early. Happiness is a lot better than always being right.

my 1 year anniversary was yesterday. didnt even call her lol.

but yeah, i'd say a good argument once every 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by GIveMEshoes

I was just wondering how often do you and your girl (or man) argue? Is it over stupid things, getting on eachothers nerves or what?

I've been with my girl for 5 years this Christmas and we argue a lot over the dumbest things sometimes. When we're happy, we're really happy but when we argue sometimes we really get at eachothers throats.

It really annoys me and I was just wondering if and other people in long term relationships argue or not.
thats exactly how my 3 year relationship is. when we fight its BADDDDDDDD BADD BADD. but when its good, its too good, like its suspect orsomething lol.

Damn near everyday
roll.gif

My advice OP, is distance urself from the situation when need be, all the constant arguin over petty stuff drains u of ur energy and is rather annoyin. If uhave to, tell her that u aint gon argue w/ her and leave it at that. She'll try to pursue it more, but say it and leave it right there in front of her. Ifu have to, leave the house, or wherever and just have sometime to urself. U'll see a big change in yall relationship for the better.

you're gonna argue with her for as long as you two are together. what you should focus on is how long the disputes last. once it gets to the point whereshe gets mad at you and stays mad for days with no communication, you have a problem. but little bickering over small stuff isn't a big deal, nor is itnecessary though so you should try to do what i did which was avoid an argument. if you know something you do/say is going to rub her the wrong way and startan argument, just don't do it. it's not worth the headache.

Argued today, just cuz i didnt answer the phone, been wit her 5 years too

I see..I got with my girl when I was only 17 so I matured right along with my relationship so a lot of it has been learning on the job. I'm trying to be more mature now cuz I'm 22 and I can't be dealing with childish arguments anymore. Sometimes though I just can't help it.
and your 22? damn my man just threw away his youth... you gon be lost when your 25 and your girl leaves

Just know that some things aren't worth arguing over. If you feel yourself getting to a certain point with your partner that you know can becomeexplosive per say, just walk away or just stop the back and forth before it gets worse.
pick your battles
Truth.

OP I was in the same boat as you not too long ago. I was in a 3 year deal with my ex and my situation with her parallel's your in terms of it being reallygood when it was good or bad when it was bad. Now that I look back at it, I can say truthfully that 80% of our spats/fights/arguements were because of her. Forexample one time she asked me to come meet her in front of her job...so I did and when I go to give her a kiss hello she pulled back saying that she didnt wanther boss or co-workers to know her business...I was like then why did you make me come meet you in front of your job?
laugh.gif

Relationships are def gonna have their fights but its more important how you get over those fights...especially if its a huge thing that you never forgetbecause things of that nature only hinder your relationships progress.

My sister was the one who helped me see the light on my situation including some NT'ers... She asked me how things were going with my girl and I told mysis that it was complicated and all she said to me was "well it shouldn't be" that right there made me re-assess my situation and end it with myex.

My ex still calls me every other day with the hope of getting back together...but thats not happeneing...kinda sux/hurts cuz I thought that she was gonna bethe one I settle down with but all the arguements coming from nowhere with her wasn't worth it.

People always argue over the stupidest things and arent even happy with their relationship but stay with that person cause they dont want to be alone.

We had our most severe arguments were around 1 year in, these past months have been smooth sailing though.

For like the first 3 years we were together, we rarely argued... then we broke up

Got back together twice and both times all we did was argue about dumb stuff... coulda all been avoided
smh.gif

Dig this, you and wifey is gonna argue its inevitable, be more concerned with the physical altercations, trust me if they haven't happend yet they will. Ikno everyone says they don't or won't strike they wiz, and i kno females be on that " if he hit you he dnt love you" %%% but, the reality isit happens.Don't exspect to live with your other day in day out and have arguements (abt veeerrrry personal %%%) an y'all not get at least a lil pushy.Jus have a certain level of communication abt it before it happens so that if an when it does y'all have an understanding abt it. Just my two sense fam

Originally Posted by slanguage

she should be too busy cooking and cleaning to argue

let her taste the back of your hand and post back with an update
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom