Question To My Black & Other Ethnic Nt'ers Vol. College...

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I'm about to be not only the only ethnic person in my graduate studies classes...but also the only guy. 1 vs. 24 white girls.
Spoiler [+]
Dramatic-Prairie-Dog.gif
I like where this may be headed

laugh.gif
 on some red man in how high type shhh

I'm filipino and go to Providence College, always in the top 3 for least diverse schools.
I believe there is about 4 Filipinos with a total of 4000, so what 0.1 percent of the population.
I grew up in SoCal, so I'm use to diversity...
it's about 90 percent caucasian but some of the discussions in classes can get mad awkward.
Huckleberry Finn discussion was a disaster...
So many picky eaters, I'm glad when I show someone a new food because I've been exposed to different races.
But all in all, I'm glad i'm at a less diverse school cuz I feel sometimes the clubs get real clique-y and no one is allowed to intermingle.
I feel like I know more about other races and help educate people in being less ignorant.

Originally Posted by cruzair13

I'm filipino and go to Providence College, always in the top 3 for least diverse schools.
I believe there is about 4 Filipinos with a total of 4000, so what 0.1 percent of the population.
I grew up in SoCal, so I'm use to diversity...
it's about 90 percent caucasian but some of the discussions in classes can get mad awkward.
Huckleberry Finn discussion was a disaster...
So many picky eaters, I'm glad when I show someone a new food because I've been exposed to different races.
But all in all, I'm glad i'm at a less diverse school cuz I feel sometimes the clubs get real clique-y and no one is allowed to intermingle.
I feel like I know more about other races and help educate people in being less ignorant.
I can only imagine

Went to an HBCU but the corporate world is worse...lol, currently the youngest person in the IT dept on the current project that I'm on, and I'm black...lol

I'm about to be not only the only ethnic person in my graduate studies classes...but also the only guy. 1 vs. 24 white girls.

Sounds like a win-win situation champ, enjoy.

Wait, whut? I'd be snowboarding all up in that piece.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

No big deal. You get what you put into it. My school is one of the most prestigious black colleges despite their qualms. We have also produced some of the most successful and prominent blacks out there. And other races beat down our graduate doors to get in...so say what you will, but the opportunity to be educationally more sound than some of the non hbcu counterparts is there. Its up to the individual to take advantage.

What school are you talking about SoleWoman? Curious

Ha ha..missed the not serious...comment. I want mad though just staying facts. And I'm an alum of Howard University. Not going to get in a battle of the best hbcus. But check Howards portfolio...you will see whats up.

Originally Posted by 2b1ASK1

I always get hit with this..

"I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE THAT SMART"

if you don't know how to respond to this, don't feel bad...i wouldn't really know what to say to that either
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by 2b1ASK1

I always get hit with this..

"I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE THAT SMART"
if you don't know how to respond to this, don't feel bad...i wouldn't really know what to say to that either
laugh.gif
I think the best response is right there in your avy.

Back
Top Bottom