question, why do black people think their culture is "the most emulated"

laugh.gif
See now I was over here thinking about **+$ a little deeper than a damn du-rag (music etc.).
OP is that the kind of crap you're talking about?

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

You serious OP? Everyone wanna be a .... but dont wanna be a .... I see an Asian dude at the outlets looking like hes wearing 2000 edition of Blackface du-rag and all. NTers please tell me why an Asian male needs a du-rag on?
roll.gif
 im filipino i admit i wore a durag when i was in middle school and yes i thought i was doin it
roll.gif
please dont ever admit this in public

laugh.gif
See now I was over here thinking about **+$ a little deeper than a damn du-rag (music etc.).
OP is that the kind of crap you're talking about?

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

You serious OP? Everyone wanna be a .... but dont wanna be a .... I see an Asian dude at the outlets looking like hes wearing 2000 edition of Blackface du-rag and all. NTers please tell me why an Asian male needs a du-rag on?
roll.gif
 im filipino i admit i wore a durag when i was in middle school and yes i thought i was doin it
roll.gif
please dont ever admit this in public

If you are not catholic you shouldn't wear rosaries I hate to see someone thats not catholic or religious wearing them. I remember when I was at the mall and this dude was trying to sell me a fake G-shock I just
laugh.gif
 at him and then he was like I will throw in this chain (rosarie beads) 
30t6p3b.gif
. Black people do/have set trends but we didn't set/start every trend that is out there.

If you are not catholic you shouldn't wear rosaries I hate to see someone thats not catholic or religious wearing them. I remember when I was at the mall and this dude was trying to sell me a fake G-shock I just
laugh.gif
 at him and then he was like I will throw in this chain (rosarie beads) 
30t6p3b.gif
. Black people do/have set trends but we didn't set/start every trend that is out there.

I was going to come in and say something about how one time I got flamed in class because I wouldn't say that the reason why I tan during the summer is because I want to be a black woman...
But we're just talking about durags
laugh.gif

I was going to come in and say something about how one time I got flamed in class because I wouldn't say that the reason why I tan during the summer is because I want to be a black woman...
But we're just talking about durags
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10littlefigures

i was talking to what seemed to be a regular guy until someone mentioned rosary beads and how "brothers" tend to use them as a fashion statement as opposed to religious. the black guy then went on to say what i've heard infrequently that blacks are under a microscope since they are the most followed in terms of culture.
thoughts?

oh and he likened rosary beads to a Jesus piece.
Ironic, no? but i'll pass on this %%+$.

Originally Posted by 10littlefigures

i was talking to what seemed to be a regular guy until someone mentioned rosary beads and how "brothers" tend to use them as a fashion statement as opposed to religious. the black guy then went on to say what i've heard infrequently that blacks are under a microscope since they are the most followed in terms of culture.
thoughts?

oh and he likened rosary beads to a Jesus piece.
Ironic, no? but i'll pass on this %%+$.

if you consider this only within the borders of the U.S. and Canada then I would agree it may seem like black people feel like their the most emulated.

But worldwide white people are the most emulated imo.

Matter of fact everybody takes different things from different cultures/races so this issue is just a small niche kinda thing imo.

if you consider this only within the borders of the U.S. and Canada then I would agree it may seem like black people feel like their the most emulated.

Matter of fact everybody takes different things from different cultures/races so this issue is just a small niche kinda thing imo.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

When you are talking about "white" worldwide it differs. You cant group French, Germans, and English people into what race category for this type of discussion. White in America is different than white globally. We are talking mostly "black" as African American unless im mistaken.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

When you are talking about "white" worldwide it differs. You cant group French, Germans, and English people into what race category for this type of discussion. White in America is different than white globally. We are talking mostly "black" as African American unless im mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom