question, why do black people think their culture is "the most emulated"

Who cares, we all inspire each other. Blacks are most definitely under a microscope, but it ain't for no fitteds and du rags. But that's another thread topic that I hope never appears.

Who cares, we all inspire each other. Blacks are most definitely under a microscope, but it ain't for no fitteds and du rags. But that's another thread topic that I hope never appears.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

if you consider this only within the borders of the U.S. and Canada then I would agree it may seem like black people feel like their the most emulated.

But worldwide white people are the most emulated imo.

Matter of fact everybody takes different things from different cultures/races so this issue is just a small niche kinda thing imo.
When you are talking about "white" worldwide it differs. You cant group French, Germans, and English people into what race category for this type of discussion. White in America is different than white globally. We are talking mostly "black" as African American unless im mistaken.
Homie wth are you talking about. It's like you just restated everything I said 
laugh.gif

Of course you can group french and germans and english together....if i'm talking about worldwide emulation they would imo tend to act more "white". 

What we need to understand is what it means to be emulating "black" people and what exact types of behaviors are people supposedly emulating.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

if you consider this only within the borders of the U.S. and Canada then I would agree it may seem like black people feel like their the most emulated.

But worldwide white people are the most emulated imo.

Matter of fact everybody takes different things from different cultures/races so this issue is just a small niche kinda thing imo.
When you are talking about "white" worldwide it differs. You cant group French, Germans, and English people into what race category for this type of discussion. White in America is different than white globally. We are talking mostly "black" as African American unless im mistaken.
Homie wth are you talking about. It's like you just restated everything I said 
laugh.gif

Of course you can group french and germans and english together....if i'm talking about worldwide emulation they would imo tend to act more "white". 

What we need to understand is what it means to be emulating "black" people and what exact types of behaviors are people supposedly emulating.

Many black people don't follow the norms and like to be different. Sometimes they end up looking like a clown with a backwards jersey on and bandaid on their cheek, or it catches on like Timberland boots with the tongue out.

Many black people don't follow the norms and like to be different. Sometimes they end up looking like a clown with a backwards jersey on and bandaid on their cheek, or it catches on like Timberland boots with the tongue out.

for every person emulating the african american culture, there are a ton of ppl who are emulating any stereotypical traits of a race. 
it's probably more prevalent in the major urban cities, but US is a lot larger than nyc, sf, la, chicago and miami.....

also even if this were the case, this has been only a recent phenomenon in the past 2 decades with the growing popularity of 'hip hop/urban' culture (which is basically what ppl mean when they say african american culture)

during segregation, in the 50's/60's it was black ppl who tried to be more 'white'

for every person emulating the african american culture, there are a ton of ppl who are emulating any stereotypical traits of a race. 
it's probably more prevalent in the major urban cities, but US is a lot larger than nyc, sf, la, chicago and miami.....

also even if this were the case, this has been only a recent phenomenon in the past 2 decades with the growing popularity of 'hip hop/urban' culture (which is basically what ppl mean when they say african american culture)

during segregation, in the 50's/60's it was black ppl who tried to be more 'white'

i'd say its more hip hop thats being copied...of course black americans dominate the hp hop you see in the media...

hell black people copy hip hop even when they aren't about that life

i'd say its more hip hop thats being copied...of course black americans dominate the hp hop you see in the media...

hell black people copy hip hop even when they aren't about that life

Rap/"Gangsta" fad came and went.
Not saying that black culture is restricted to the above, but it was the aspect that was heavily emulated.

Rap/"Gangsta" fad came and went.
Not saying that black culture is restricted to the above, but it was the aspect that was heavily emulated.

Not even talking about culture. All these examples are just fashion statements.

Back
Top Bottom